How to remove screens on slide-out windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove screens on slide-out windows

Hi all, I've been trying to figure out how to remove the screens on our slide-out windows. The window itself has tabs on the top that one squeezes together to raise the window. The screen is held in with clips but they're different from the clips on our other windows and not as easy to free. The clips on the slide-out window barely show and we're afraid we'll break them if we try to force them. There must be some trick to it. Can anyone clue us in?
    Sherry and Jim Bowlin
    1999 27 5L Nash 5th Wheel
    Elkton, OR

I see your rig is an earlier model so I don't know if this applies to yours.

I just tried removing mine to refresh my memory. I raise the window then raise the screen and
    force the screen to the right as much as I can, compressing the spring tabs,and then pull the left
    side out. It is a tight fit.

This is what the spring tabs look like on my window.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	833.0 KB
ID:	322188
    Kim + Betsy
    I do all my own stunts....just ask my wife.
    2017 AF 35-5Z
    2017 F450 Lariat

Comment

On ours, all the screens either are pushed to one side or up, against two inner plastic retainers, then the opposite side pulls inward. Once you do a couple, it gets easier.
      Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Hi guys, thank y'all for taking the time to help. These screens are a bit different and, on closer inspection, it looks like the clips may have been broken off by the previous owner. So I have no idea what they should look like. In following the instructions you all gave me I at least managed to slide the screen up and out of the way. I think that will be good enough. Thanks!
        Sherry and Jim Bowlin
        1999 27 5L Nash 5th Wheel
        Elkton, OR

Comment

The screen retainer clips looks like what 'nwtravel' posted in his photo.

You said you slid your screen up?.... does your window look like this?

If it does, our screen clip is on the right side of the screen. To remove the screen on this window, we slide the screen to the right against the clip about 1/8" and then pull inward on the left side. The screen then pulls out from it's frame.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20230129_020243955.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.93 MB ID:	322198
          Last edited by RocklinDave; 01-30-2023, 04:13 AM.
          Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Working...
          X