Manufacturer Price Increases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manufacturer Price Increases

RV manufacturers have been hit hard by supply chain issues, fuel costs and now increasing inflation and Northwood is no exception. My dealer was told by Northwood that they would not honor any of the “pre-sold” prices he gave to customers who ordered early in 2021 and are waiting on delivery. Since June of 2021 there has been an almost $8,000.00 price increase on all fifth wheels half of which was for steel costs associated with building the chassis for the trailer. I feel for the honest Dealers who have to ask for more money or take a complete hit on their profits. The RV industry has had two record breaking sales years in a row, they should “step up” and honor pre-sold commitments to the dealers who are making them money instead of potentially put them out of business. Eventually all this craziness should die down but I doubt you will see MSRPs drop back down, heaven help all of us when a major recession hits and RV valuations tank.
    Steve & Cindy
    2022 AF 28-5C 5th wheel
    2019 Outdoors RV 250RDS Titanium (sold)
    2019 GMC 3500 Denali

The RV market is also set to explode with used RV's for sale, resulting from the 'impulse buying' of new RV's that occurred over the past 1-2 years.

Plus, owners soon won't be able to afford the payments due to inflation, owners who have to return to work / school & don't have extended time off, RV park nightly rates increasing, and owners who bought RV's not expecting fuel prices to increase 60%+ at the pump.
    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

I ordered a new truck from Ford last week. Over the weekend before the dealer could get the build entered Ford raised the price of the truck by $1,400. Dealer said probably because the price of aluminum has recently gone up about 60%. I can imagine NW is dealing with that as well.
      2016 Arctic Fox 32-5M, 1,150 watt Solar Panels (5 @ 170, 2 @ 150), 2 Life Blue 200 Amp hr lithium batteries, Victron Blue Solar MPPT 150/85 Controller, MS2812 Magnum Pure Sine Inverter/Charger, 5.5 Onan LP Gen, 6pt leveling system, 2nd 13.5k A/C, Slide Toppers, Fireplace, King Bed, Central Vac. Hardwired Surge Guard Model 34560, rear view camera, clear entry door window,

2016 Ford F-450 Lariat. B&W Companion Hitch. Remax Bed Roll Cover, Bed Carpet.

Winter in Florida, traveling other seasons.

Comment

early this month while contacting two different AF dealers in two different provinces in Canada I got a call from both of them the same day that the prices of the travel trailers I was negotiating on had gone up $6000 that day as a result of a Northwood increase, luckily for me I was able to secure a seldom used 2nd hand trailer in my price range
        Bill from Alberta
        2019 Arctic Fox 27-5l

Comment

I feel lucky - I must have just missed the price increases. My 2022 28F was on order for close to 5 months but the price didn't increase from when I ordered it to getting it this fall.
          Retired Air Force
          2019 Ford SuperDuty with 6.2 gas, HD spring package
          2022 AF28F, 500 watts solar. 230 amp-hr 6v batteries
          Equal-i-zer WDH

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post
            and owners who bought RV's not expecting fuel prices to increase 60%+ at the pump.
            Not to mention the newly retired (ahem) who had trailers who are adjusting their travel budgets because of this.
            Mark and Anita
            2020 25Y dutifully following a 2014 F-350 diesel SB

Comment

Hey folks, welcome to the real world. It is NOT just in the vehicle world, even in our business, prices have sky rocketed. Our glass bottles (IF we can even get them) have doubled+, shipping costs have tripled+ as the suppliers are no longer willing to pay the high fees to get anything to the northwest, and availability of anything from overseas is not to be had. So, we are facing shortages on all our vinegar as well as our olive oils as they come from Italy and Spain. Vinegars have been floating off the coast of LA for over 4 months with no hope in sight for availability, as close as they can say is sometime in 2022... The rest of our supplies/ingredients are also skyrocketing in price, and what used to take 5 days to get, now take 8 weeks+. So, at least Northwood has something to offer (even at a higher price), while we are sitting here with huge orders that we can't fill. NO orders going out means NO INCOME coming in... Running a business these days is harder then I have ever seen in my 45 years of owning my own businesses. We could be turning record numbers if we could just get the supplies we need to run our business. FRUSTRATION does not even begin to cover it.

Problem is now, when we do get product, we are faced with the same dilemma that Northwood is facing. Do we eat the profits, or do we pass them along. We have orders for product that are over 5 months old, but when it comes time to fill them, we will have to add a significant increase to our prices in order to show a profit. None of us are in business because it is fun, we are here for one reason, make money. Northwood is doing what it has to do to stay in business. We can all bitch and moan, but the bottom line is this. It is out of our hands at this point, we have to do what we have to do to stay alive and hope there is indeed a light at the end of the tunnel...
              2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
              Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
              2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
              Celia's Gourmet Foods
              Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Infused Olive Oils

Comment

All I can say is, "I understand, I feel your pain, and good luck!"

Bob
                Bob and Nancy
                ======
                Proud former owners of a 2011 Arctic Fox 25R (2010-2013) and an Arctic Fox 22G from (2001-2010). Current happy owners of Northwood cross-town cousin.
                ---------
                2010 Dodge 3500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB, Cummins, 4X4, Snugtop, 1,200#/12,000# Equal-i-zer.
                Retired: "Twice the husband, half the money"

Comment

The RV market is also set to explode with used RV's for sale, resulting from the 'impulse buying' of new RV's that occurred over the past 1-2 years.

Plus, owners soon won't be able to afford the payments due to inflation, owners who have to return to work / school & don't have extended time off, RV park nightly rates increasing, and owners who bought RV's not expecting fuel prices to increase 60%+ at the pump.
                  I'll tell ya, it was pretty hard putting down a deposit knowing full well that we're buying at the peak of RV prices. We considered holding off another year in the hopes of finding a steal on a late model used one, but the risk/reward ratio of money loss vs life experience losses forged our decision to buy now. At our age, and with the medical conditions I have, every single day is a blessing. I'm just going to write it off as a bad trade and not think about the financial loss. It's a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things.
                  2020 GMC 2500HD SLT X31 Off-Road Crew-Cab, 6.6 Duramax, 10-Speed Allison, Banks Derringer Tuner with iDash, DataMonster and PedalMonster. Snow-Plow/Camper Package, Leather Seats Heated and Cooled, Moon Roof, Power Rear Window, Heads-up Display, Surround Vision with Invisible Trailer, B&W Turnover Ball Gooseneck & B&W RVK3500 5th-Wheel Hitch, Firestone Ride-Rite 5k Air Helper Springs, Bak Revolver X2 Hard Rolling Tonneau Cover.
                  2022 Arctic Fox 27-5L, Waiting for delivery. Upgrades to come.

Comment

This mornings article in RVTravel highlights the first indication of a softening in RV pricing. A close friend in the RV business indicates still expect limited inventory, and they are seeing few trade ins so the market is still hot.

https://www.rvtravel.com/resale-pric...-months-1034b/
                    2018 Arctic Fox 295T Fifth Wheel (Our 3rd AF)
                    2006 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie 5.9 Cummins 3.73 Rear. New BD Trans 2018. Upgraded 2 piece BD manifold & BD exhaust brake 2019. Air Lift Air Springs. TPMS. Girshwin's Ella Fitzhound (12/8/2003-6/29/2020)

Comment

We're going to rely on a lot more boon-docking than normal, staying mostly in forest service campgrounds and off the grid when possible. I'm glad we got our 2022 28F just before all the major price increases. It's head and shoulders better than the 2012 we traded in. We were doing pretty close to 100-110 days a year camping previously and will greatly increase that this year since I'm planning to retire in May and celebrate my 76th birthday on the road.
                      Retired Air Force
                      2019 Ford SuperDuty with 6.2 gas, HD spring package
                      2022 AF28F, 500 watts solar. 230 amp-hr 6v batteries
                      Equal-i-zer WDH

Comment

I agree 100%. A lot of people jumped in thinking it would be the thing to do. A lot of normal RV's and boats sit unused and now there is the added group that jumped in but are not committed.
                        2014 Nash 24M pulled by a 2021 F350 4X4 6.7, ProPride P3 WDH, SteadyFast stabilization system, 2 x 6 volt batteries in a Power Armor battery box, 2 x 2000 Yamaha gen sets.

Comment

Working...
                        X