29-5T B/R Window Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 29-5T B/R Window Mod

I noticed that NW has changed the B/R "escape" window to one that allows it to be opened for ventilation. Has anyone investigated whether the new window can be retrofitted on a 2017 29-5T?
    2017 29-5T with 6 point leveling system
    2012 Ford F250 with 6.7L diesel, crew cab, short bed, airbags, 50 gal. fuel tank, Pull Rite Super Glide hitch, Retrax tonneau cover.

We have a 2016 27-5 and both emergency escape windows are also sliders. Sucks you have a bedroom window you are unable to use for ventilation. My guess would be if the size is the same it would be a pretty easy switch.
    Randy & Connie
    Walnut Creek, CA
    2016 6.7L Ford F-350 SRW, EEZ TPMS
    2016 27-5L, 5.5kW Gen, 600W Solar, 500Ah AGM, Hybrid 3kW Inverter, plus a couple other Mods.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy&Connie View Post
      We have a 2016 27-5 and both emergency escape windows are also sliders. Sucks you have a bedroom window you are unable to use for ventilation. My guess would be if the size is the same it would be a pretty easy switch.
      I believe in 2017, the large bedroom window changed from a sliding horizontal window, to a non-opening (except for escape) vertical window. It was changed to allow for the redesigned dresser / cabinet area.

At that same time, Hehr Windows was sold to LCI (Lippert) and the window selection changed.

Northwood received many complaints regarding lack of bedroom airflow, so they now incorporate a small section on the bottom of the bedroom window frame, that is able to be opened. It's not ideal in my opinion, but it's better than nothing.

With all the window changes in the past couple of years, I wouldn't order a window without first carefully measuring. I'd also call LCI and see if they have since designed a newer 1/2 sliding window that would fit.
      Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

With the conversion to frameless windows by NW, as created by LCI purchasing and the closing Hehr, the only current option is the frameless minimum opening LCI window at this time. NW is looking to source another option but as of late 2019 that looked bleak. Refer to NW recent post on Facebook “Step by Step Build Process On The Grande Ronde AF 295T” for the most current image of that window. Opening size did not change as it mirrors other windows on the 295T installed on a vertical orientation, but check your measurements carefully.
        2018 Arctic Fox 295T Fifth Wheel (Our 3rd AF!)
        2006 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie 5.9 Cummins 3.73 Rear. New BD Trans 2018. Upgraded 2 piece BD manifold & BD exhaust brake 2019. Air Lift Air Springs. TPMS. Girshwin's Ella Fitzhound (12/8/2003-6/29/2020)

Comment

Working...
        X