Grande Ronde 5th Wheels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grande Ronde 5th Wheels

Looks like Northwood has transition the name of the Arctic Fox 5th Wheel models to Grande Ronde.

I'm kinda glad mine's a Silver Fox.

Kurt, Leslie and Cooper
    Flagstaff, AZ
    2018 27-5L
    2018 RAM 2500 6.7L

Man, we just bought a 2019 27-5L and it's already outdated? But at least it's not a Ronde. What the heck is a Ronde?
    Tom & Lynn
    2018 F350 DRW 6.7 Powerstroke
    2019 AF 27-5L

Comment

Originally posted by txshirle View Post
      Man, we just bought a 2019 27-5L and it's already outdated? But at least it's not a Ronde. What the heck is a Ronde?
      Grande Ronde translates to Great Round.
      However, I imagine the Grande Ronde designation refers to this area of Oregon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grande_Ronde_River
      2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali 4x4 Diesel
      2017 Arctic Fox 22G.

Comment

I guess it makes more sense than Silver Fox when you look at how Grand Ronde relates to Northwood manufacturing.
        Kurt, Leslie and Cooper
        Flagstaff, AZ
        2018 27-5L
        2018 RAM 2500 6.7L

Comment

They must have used a Marketing Focus Group to come up with that name ... or maybe not. Does seem odd to be used as a name for an entire line of trailers. Somehow not very flattering to my thinking.

I grew up in that area of ID/WA/OR. We would drop a jet boat into the Snake river at Heller Bar and fish the entire area for steelhead and salmon. The Grande Ronde empties into the Snake about half a mile up river from Heller Bar. I understand the salmon fishing is all but done on the Grande Ronde. Things change.

-MG
          2017 F250SD 4x4 6.7L
          Snugtop shell, AMP Powerstep running boards, EezTire TPMS, Eaz-Lift WD hitch
          2013 AF 25Y
          Atwood electric tongue jack, more to come

Comment

When I first seen "silver fox" I figured it was a Sam Elliott design.
            I would say Sean Connery as well but he has went solar powered.
            I like the silver fox name better as well.
            2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel
            2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,built in surge suppressor, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

'Grande Ronde'... Wasn't that a western movie in the 60's ?
              Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Silver Fox.....Charlie Rich for sure. Maybe Grand Ronde is to refer to the ever expanding girth of our bellies.
                Ken and Rita Madsen
                2018 GMC 3500 Duramax, 2016 27-5L AF

Comment

Originally posted by MtCamper View Post
                  Silver Fox.....Charlie Rich for sure. Maybe Grand Ronde is to refer to the ever expanding girth of our bellies.
                  Not me, sometimes can't keep the weight on. No, I don't smoke. High metabolism, I guess. Weigh the same as I did in high school.
                  2019 Nash 24B (bunk) located in a city trailer park,
                  on PG&E shoulder/peak electric rate...Yikes
                  Two 6 volt GC batteries (2019)
                  Two135 watt Kyocera solar panels (2013?)
                  Blue Sky Systems 30 amp charge controller (2019)

Comment

Grand Ronde is an important part of Oregon history. From "Oregon Historic Names" by McArthur: "...the two words together (in French) may be taken as describing a fine large valley of excellent appearance, more or less hemmed in by hills." We have a Grand Ronde valley and Indian community Was once an Indian reservation) west of Salem, Oregon and is included in the same narrative. "This valley and the one in Union County were named by French-Canadian trappers." "This imposing valley (Union County) has given its name to Grande Ronde River and also to La Grande." This area was mentioned in early journals as early as 1827. The "e" at the end of Grande wa dropped at some point from the location in western Oregon but has remained as intended in eastern Oregon. My ancestors came to Oregon on the Oregon Trail in 1843 and 1851 and a portion of this trail went right behind the Grande Hot Springs RV Resort where we hold our NROA rally each year just outside of La Grande. Now you know--from a proud Oregon trail descendant! I think the name is really cool--it is still an Arctic Fox!
                    Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
                    2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires, Torque Lift Steps
                    2017 RAM 2500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4x4, CTD, 8' Bed, Granite Crystal, new 7/1/17
                    2018 Prius IV, new December 2018

Comment

Linda, having been born on the wet side of a oregon, I really havenít spent a lot of time on the east side of our State so your history is appreciated. Until I purchased our Fox I only knew about the Community of Grand Rhonda on the way to Lincoln City. Canít remember how many times we stopped there for a really good cinnamon roll
                      Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank, Titan Disc Brakes, MorRyde SRE4000

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

Working...
                      X