29-5T upcoming production run

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inconceivable View Post

Hey if you have a chance during the tour can you inquire why they only put the one skinny window on the door side (just as you come in the door on the left) and not on the other side in the same location. It looks odd to me to not have the sides match. I thought it might be a structural issue but after watching how they make the sides on YouTube I am not so sure. I was wondering if you could buy another window and put it in.

window.JPG

No_Window.JPG

If you see one being built with main floor carpet delete its hopefully mine.
    I'll try and remember to ask that. Did you get the carpet delete for the bedroom or just the living area. Also if the living area, is the slide carpet or just under it?
    2007 motorhome, 2012 Wrangler "toad", SOB 5th wheel (SOLD and awaiting replacement 29-5T???), 2017 Ram 3500

Comment

Originally posted by chunker View Post

I'll try and remember to ask that. Did you get the carpet delete for the bedroom or just the living area. Also if the living area, is the slide carpet or just under it?
      What we were told is that the only carpet they will delete is the main floor area. The main livingroom slide and bedroom area all have to be carpet.
      29-5T on order

Comment

What we were told is that the only carpet they will delete is the main floor area. The main livingroom slide and bedroom area all have to be carpet.
        That's what happened to me when I ordered our 27-5L. I said no carpet. I even called Northwoods and asked them to confirm that option which they did. But when we picked up the RV the main slide and the whole bedroom had carpet. Very disappointing.
        Tom & Lynn
        2018 F350 DRW 6.7 Powerstroke
        2019 AF 27-5L

Comment

Maybe there isn't any vinyl under the carpet during construction layout? If you really wanted to, you could rip out the carpet and have laminated wood floor put in locally. Yes, it's an added expense that probably wouldn't add much value to the trailer. Kind of like putting thin day shades in the bedroom. Simplifies production but isn't a great feauture for those of us sleeping near street lights or park lights.
          2019 Nash 24B (bunk) located in a city trailer park,
          on PG&E shoulder/peak electric rate...Yikes
          Two 6 volt GC batteries (2019)
          Two135 watt Kyocera solar panels (2013?)
          Blue Sky Systems 30 amp charge controller (2019)

Comment

Hey if you have a chance during the tour can you inquire why they only put the one skinny window on the door side (just as you come in the door on the left) and not on the other side in the same location. It looks odd to me to not have the sides match. I thought it might be a structural issue but after watching how they make the sides on YouTube I am not so sure. I was wondering if you could buy another window and put it in.

window.JPG

No_Window.JPG

If you see one being built with main floor carpet delete its hopefully mine.
            Had the tour today, Rob miller led it. Very informative and encouraging tour, unfortunately the 29-5T won't begin for another week and half. I asked him about the window and he suggested you call the factory with that question. Didn't say who to ask for. I'm still a bit confused what exactly gets deleted with the "carpet delete". Definitely can't get the carpet delete from the bedroom.
            2007 motorhome, 2012 Wrangler "toad", SOB 5th wheel (SOLD and awaiting replacement 29-5T???), 2017 Ram 3500

Comment

Originally posted by chunker View Post

Had the tour today, Rob miller led it. Very informative and encouraging tour, unfortunately the 29-5T won't begin for another week and half. I asked him about the window and he suggested you call the factory with that question. Didn't say who to ask for. I'm still a bit confused what exactly gets deleted with the "carpet delete". Definitely can't get the carpet delete from the bedroom.
              Here is the reply to my window question from the mother ship.

just talked with our drafters and they said we don't install a window on the slide out side because the wall is so much narrower than the door side wall. There are also additional supports in the wall for the slide out itself.

The carpet delete is the carpet in front of the living room slide and where the two recliners sit in the back.

I was told they do not delete the slide carpet as it would leave a exposed gap due to slide type/design. I suspect the bedroom issue must have something to do with how the bed moves on the carpet on why they will not do vinyl.
              29-5T on order

Comment

I was wondering about the window issue also, thanks for posting answer.
                I also am trying to figure out what the top rocker switch is for over the ceiling fan switch. We were probably told when we picked up the unit but can't remember now. And we do love our 29-5T.
                Also, has anyone noticed a marked difference in air flow from the living/kitchen area to the bedroom area? We have very strong flow in the rear and hardly any in the bed area which is actually closer to the furnace. Concerned about an obstruction in the plentum.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck&Sally View Post
                  I also am trying to figure out what the top rocker switch is for over the ceiling fan switch. We were probably told when we picked up the unit but can't remember now. And we do love our 29-5T.
                  Also, has anyone noticed a marked difference in air flow from the living/kitchen area to the bedroom area? We have very strong flow in the rear and hardly any in the bed area which is actually closer to the furnace. Concerned about an obstruction in the plentum.
                  If the switch is like the one in the 27-5L it is for the toe-kick/bath night lights.
                  2019 Arctic Fox 27-5L - 4 point leveling - Onan QG 3600 Genset - 160w Solar - Rear view camera - 4x 6v batteries - Vertamax 3Kw PSW Inverter - RVLock V4 - 4x HossPads RV jack pads - Andersen Levelers - Cacagoo TPMS - Progressive EMS-PT30X - 2002 F-250 Crew Cab Long Bed 7.3L - S&B Cold Air Intake - 4" Bassani X-haust turbo-back system - Air Lift 5k rear bags - SCT tuner - 16k Valley Power Pull hitch - Custom made bed-forward rack with Eide Boat Loader - Klamath 14S Deluxe fishing boat

Comment

The toe-kick lights are on a small rocker with the kitchen ceiling light. This is a large paddle switch above the ceiling fan switch. Would be nice if there was an electrical diagram that came with the unit.

Comment

Our two switches over the ceiling fan switch, are one for the kitchen toe-kick lights and one for the LED ceiling light over the kitchen area.

I doubt there's an obstruction of your front vents. The vents not only have to provide warm air to the interior of your trailer, but also to your basement area.

We also have less air emitting from the bath/bedroom floor vent than the rearward vents, and that's because the lower basement vent is fed, before warm air feeds to the forward bath/bed vents.

As a side note: We boondocked in 13 degree weather a couple of months ago. We left the furnace on during the night, set in the low 50's.

The plumbing, tanks and basement food items never froze. The basement items were warm inside, when we opened the exterior basement doors the next morning. The basement furnace vent + the trailer's insulation does work!
                      Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

The toe-kick lights are on a small rocker with the kitchen ceiling light. This is a large paddle switch above the ceiling fan switch. Would be nice if there was an electrical diagram that came with the unit.
                        120V tank heaters ?
                        The only two large paddle switch ie 120V I can think of in our 27-5l is the fan and 120v tank heaters.
                        2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel
                        2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,built in surge suppressor, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

Gotch yea, thanks. I do now remembering that stitch is for the main tank heater, with the optional 12 volt heaters on separate switches. That is a great manual you have there Art, did you make it yourself?
                          We were never cold, just wanted to be sure everything is good while still under warranty.

Comment

Gotch yea, thanks. I do now remembering that stitch is for the main tank heater, with the optional 12 volt heaters on separate switches. That is a great manual you have there Art, did you make it yourself?
                            We were never cold, just wanted to be sure everything is good while still under warranty.
                            Thanks
                            Yes I did the story behind it is at https://www.nroa2003.com/forum/forum...-device-layout
                            2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel
                            2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,built in surge suppressor, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

If you contact northwoods they will send a electrical diagram for your trailer ......
                              Some have said you want to include the VIN in the inquiry but not sure that is really needed as they gave me a wiring diagram for a 2008 that had a different upstairs layout
                              It really does nothing you can't easily figure out except for "I don't have power at this plug so I need to check between these two points"
                              2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

Thanks Art, I will send Northwoods a request tomorrow.
                                I would also like to figure out how to put a separate switch on the brow lights. Way to bright for most campgrounds but still would like to use the side light.

Comment

Working...
                                X