Please Visit Our Sponsors

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody notice the new touchpanels in the 29-5T and 29-5K?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody notice the new touchpanels in the 29-5T and 29-5K?

The new 3D tours of these are showing touchpanels instead of the control center with the hard switches--look near the solar controller. These look kind of like Lippert OneControl panels. I've done quite a bit of web searching but no mention of Northwood involved with OneControl. Nothing in the options listing for these units and the walk throughs haven't been redone yet. Has anyone received the latest build of one of these models? I'm also curious about the tank level sensors, since it looks like OneControl has better resolution on the tanks.

BTW, Howdy. Long time lurker. Just ordered the 32A so I'm delurking. Looks like the MORyde steps are standard on this year's 32A but haven't been able to find out about the panel from the dealer. After 40 years of doing embedded control firmware I'm a bit uneasy about a single point of failure with firmware in it that controls the slides, pump and whatever else. I'm also wondering about the power burn of this stuff since it looks like the OneControl has multiple devices on a network. On the other hand, the other changes for this year, esp. the interior update and the steps, are looking really good and we're super excited. Cheers everybody.
    Dave and Debbie and the cats Taz, Kits and Beto
    2019 F250 CCB SB 6.2 4.30 4WD
    Arctic Fox 32A on order (finally)

Interesting...

RV's are going to be impossible to do a DIY repair... just like newer vehicles.
    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

I keep telling people, the older I get the only technology I really need is a rotary dial phone.....
      Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank, Titan Disc Brakes, MorRyde SRE4000

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

Welcome to the forum. You’re going to like your 32A! All the “cool” AF’s have em!
        Ramjet & The Louis
        Roger & Susan
        Two Labradors-Shadow & Kanoe'
        2010 Ford F-250 King Ranch 6.4L Diesel 4X4
        2018 Arctic Silver Fox 32A
        -120W Zamp Solar
        -2 Trojan T-105 6V Batteries
        -Progressive EMS-HW50C
        -TST 507 Internal TPMS
        EazLift Elite 1200# hitch

Comment

I wonder how many watts the panel uses? 5 or 10 watts? Parasitic loads are a major concern for us running on solar. I use 120 volts for heat/AC, the micowave, hot water heater, and refer. If I keep the trailer I will add another solar panel so I can run the refer off battery power.
          2007 Nash 22H located in a suburban trailer park
          Two 160 w. solar panels, two 6 volt GC batteries,
          double insulated windows, 2015 Norcold refer.

Comment

If you go to the Lippert site and look up the One Control product, it has a list of MFG's that use it in 2019. I didn't see Northwood on the list. Mostly Indiana built units. Whether thats a plus or not is to be determined.
            2012 Ram 2500 CTD
            2013 Fox Mountain 235 RLS

Comment

Didn't think of checking the mfr's site Goducks--good info. As far as power, from the Lippert site it looks like there are a bunch of configurations of the product including an internet hotspot version (via ATT), so I assume the power draw can vary a bunch. One thing that bothered me (besides firmware in the path of retracting my slides) is that the Lippert device has it's own WiFi appearance and one must be connected to that to use the phone app. I already have a wifi hotspot that's going into the trailer and don't need or want another wifi network--not sure why they didn't use bluetooth. The rest of the concept looks good: everything from the generator to the leveling system to the tank monitors to the slides has a CAN bus connection and they all home in on the control panels / tablets / apps. Since Lippert makes most of this stuff maybe they can pull it off--it's going to be interesting to watch. From a distance, hopefully.

Anyway, since there's no other evidence out there of Northwood involvement maybe the panels shown are just "concept" units--in the 3D tours they're all dark. Although I also didn't spot the Arctic Fox Logo magnetic dry erase marker board (complete with Arctic Fox Logo magnet!) that I believe covered the switch panel in at least some of these units...

Thanks Ramjet--if so it'll be the first time in my life I've been anywhere in the vicinity of cool.
              Dave and Debbie and the cats Taz, Kits and Beto
              2019 F250 CCB SB 6.2 4.30 4WD
              Arctic Fox 32A on order (finally)

Comment

(complete with Arctic Fox Logo magnet!)
                Wow! You got an AF magnet? all we got was a crummy NW one.
                2019 Arctic Fox 27-5L - 4 point leveling - Onan QG 3600 Genset - 160w Solar - Rear view camera - 4x 6v batteries - Vertamax 3Kw PSW Inverter - RVLock V4 - 4x HossPads RV jack pads - Andersen Levelers - Cacagoo TPMS - more to come - 2002 F-250 Crew Cab Long Bed 7.3L - S&B Cold Air Intake - 4" Bassani X-haust turbo-back system - Air Lift 5k rear bags - SCT tuner - 16k Valley Power Pull hitch - Custom made bed-forward rack with Eide Boat Loader - Klamath 14S Deluxe fishing boat

Comment

I believe on some of the ORV models they have the touch panels.

Comment

When we went on the tour during the rally last year, they had a prototype 29-5C with the touch screen and some other features they just introduced to the production units.

2017 Ford F-350 XLT SC LB 6.7L Diesel 4x2 SRW
                    2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L w/slide-out toppers, 15K AC, bedroom fan vent w/remote/tstat/rain sensor, powered sliding stab jacks, 50 amp service, 2" receiver hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, LevelMatePRO, Ford trailer camera & trailer TPMS

Comment

Wonder if this works with GMs new "smart trailer"
                      about 4:48
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jomaA2DLOM
                      2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel
                      2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,built in surge suppressor, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

Working...
                      X