27-5L mattress size

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27-5L mattress size

we just ordered a 2019 27-5L. We looked at a 2018 and the mattress looked “ample”, but now my wife would like to know the mattress dimensions. We have a Special Needs daughter, and she and my wife get the bed while I get the couch. She wants to know if the stock mattress will work. Can anybody give me dimensions, and tell me how it feels?
    2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD, Duramax/ Allison, Crew Cab, Short Bed, Superglide 16k Automatic Hitch
    2019 27-5L: 4 point leveling system, rear view camera, 10 cu.ft. Frig, 15k AC, MORryde hinged platform steps, Alumaguard main awning, Toppers, 2” hitch receiver, Dream Booth Dinette, TPMS

It is not the best mattress. Our 2018 still holds up after three long trips but we will be replacing it next year. Beware the weight issue if you ever want to access the underbed storage. A thick mattress will put you closer to the ceiling as well.
    Diamondback69, Temecula, California
    2017 Arctic Fox 27-5, 50A, 600 watts Solar, 5.5 Genset
    2017 F-350 Lariat, Crew Cab, 8'bed, 4WD, 6.7 Diesel

Comment

The mattress in our 2018 27-5L is a standard Queen. 60 x 80 I believe. I can put a tape on it tomorrow if you want as it's currently in my driveway as we just returned from Arizona yesterday. The OEM mattress is too saggy for us. Several folks have done support enhancements and/or plywood additions. We added a Tempur-Pedic 3in mattress topper and that has worked out great unless it is cold soaked... then it's like concrete. With the topper it sleeps really well. I'm very particular as I have a back that makes me pay if I don't give it good support.

As far as you getting the couch... my wife goes to the couch if I snore too much, and she likes it. I can't sleep on it though because it's too small and the hard middle cover over the storage compartment kills me. We have a good quality Serta blow up queen mattress with vertical baffles tucked in the under-bed storage that is really great. It will fit between the furnace vents in the 27-5L without blocking them. It blows up quickly and deflates quickly using the built in pump, and is no challenge for the inverter if we don't have shore power. If granddaughter camps with us then I sleep on the blowup like a baby.
      Steve and Shelley. Minnesota
      2017 RAM 3500 LLH CC 4x4 LB DRW 6.7ctd Aisin 4.10 Air Level aka Shrek
      2018 AF 27-5L, HW50C ems, Maxxis Tires, TST 507, dual AC, tank heaters, Rear Camera, Toppers, 640w Solar, Victron MP 3000 Inverter, MPPT 150/85 solar charge controller, CCGX Color Monitor,BMV702 Battery Monitor
      , 440AH Lifeline AGM, aka Fiona

Comment

mnsteve, thanks for input I was looking for, and yes I would appreciate it greatly if you would put a tape on the mattress.

diamondback68, thanks for your input. We are familiar with the dilemma in our current 5er that you brought up with the regular mattress w/topper being higher and heavier. Takes two to go underneath the bed....
        2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD, Duramax/ Allison, Crew Cab, Short Bed, Superglide 16k Automatic Hitch
        2019 27-5L: 4 point leveling system, rear view camera, 10 cu.ft. Frig, 15k AC, MORryde hinged platform steps, Alumaguard main awning, Toppers, 2” hitch receiver, Dream Booth Dinette, TPMS

Comment

Ok I just went out and I measured 60 X 79.5 inches. As I mentioned, we have a Queen Tempur-Pedic 3in topper on it and it sleeps great. Our dealer added the heaver lift supports but it still takes two of us to get under the bed because the memory foam topper is heavy... along with my 20 inches of stay-warm quilts required because my wife wants the AC fan strafing me. Some folks on here have done doubles but I'm just going to make a prop up stick I think.
          2018 AF 27-5L, HW50C ems, Maxxis Tires, TST 507, dual AC, tank heaters, Rear Camera, Toppers, 640w Solar, Victron MP 3000 Inverter, MPPT 150/85 solar charge controller, CCGX Color Monitor,BMV702 Battery Monitor

Comment

Originally posted by mnSteve View Post
            I'm just going to make a prop up stick I think.
            We did the square aluminum tube bracing process for us, and also use an "Iso-Cool" (Costco) memory foam topper. I use a fiberglass axe handle as a brace to hold the bed up as needed. (It can fill in as a "toothbrush" for any unwelcome guests.)

Comment

We have a good quality Serta blow up queen mattress with vertical baffles tucked in the under-bed storage that is really great. It will fit between the furnace vents in the 27-5L without blocking them. It blows up quickly and deflates quickly using the built in pump, and is no challenge for the inverter if we don't have shore power.
              Steve, which mattress exactly is this? I googled it but only came up with the Serta Raised mattress with never flat pump. Is this the one you have? I also have back problems and expect I'll be sleeping on an air mattress due to either my back or my husband's VPAP machine at some point in our adventures.
              Preston & Teresa
              Traveling dogs: Jerrica and Riley; Stay at home watch cats: Grayboy, Blackie and Magic
              2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L with Slide Out Toppers; Alumaguard Main Awning, 15K Low Pro Air Conditioner; Holding Tank Heat Pads; Fan Vent w/Remote/Tstat/Rain Sensor - Bedroom; 50 Amp Service; 4 Point Leveling System; Cross-stitch sofa; 2 " Receiver.

2015 Silverado 3500 DRW Diesel

Comment

Yes... it is the one with the never-flat pump on it. You can set a firmness switch how you want it, and it will inflate to that firmness and then shut off. If you leave it plugged in overnight, it will add some air if the inflation starts to go down.

I think the one we bought was queen size. I threw away the box and it doesn't say on the bag. I measured between the vents and also the available width before I bought it. It could have been a full sized mattress but I think it was queen.
                Last edited by mnSteve; 03-14-2018, 05:08 AM. Reason: Not actually sure it was Queen Size

Comment

The 27-5L mattress is a standard Queen size(60X80). We did the aluminum tube upgrade and changed out the OEM mattress for a Leesa mattress. Works great as I have back issues also.
                  2016 Arctic Fox 27-5L
                  15K A/C, Thermopane Windows, Power Stabilizers, Maxxis 8008 Tires, Progressive Dynamics EMS (Hardwired), MaxAir Vent Covers.
                  2013 Ram 3500, long bed, Dually, 6.7L Diesel. Anderson Ultimate Hitch(steel).

Comment

Working...
                  X