No announcement yet.

Any new floor plans for 2019?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sure those steps are very solid to walk on and all that, but these are camping trailers! We have our steps up and down every time we pull off somewhere to pee and wash hands after fueling or makikng lunch at a rest stop. These seem like a giant hassle for all the times we are in and out of the trailer for a few minutes on a road trip. I guess if you just park it and live in it it's fine but for actual road trips, no.
    2014 RAM CTD, Aisin, SRW and 4WD, 2019 AF 27-5L for long term stays, 2008 AF 24-5N for short trips, rough travel, small CG, cabover alumininum boat loader, 12' Kevlar rowboat, Bayley the Bird Dog runs the show.

Comment

It would be nice if Nash reintroduced a 24-26 foot trailer without a slide. I am guessing they don't because of a limited projected market? Easy to heat, easy to set up...
      2007 Nash 22H located in a suburban trailer park
      Two 160 w. solar panels, two 6 volt GC batteries,
      double insulated windows, 2015 Norcold refer.

Comment

Originally posted by welding guy View Post
        It would be nice if Nash reintroduced a 24-26 foot trailer without a slide. I am guessing they don't because of a limited projected market? Easy to heat, easy to set up...
        Isnít your 22H like ours, only an 8 ft width? The AF is only 6 in wider, and measures out at a 24 ft ft length. We will probably go to 25y, but I donít quite fancy the 30 ft length. However, our grandkids are growing and another has been added to the pack. When we bought the 22H it was just for us, but grandma always makes sure we plan around our offsprings offspring.
        Mark and Anita
        2012 AF 22H dutifully following a 2014 F-350 diesel SB

Comment

Originally posted by ProfQuinn View Post

Isnít your 22H like ours, only an 8 ft width? The AF is only 6 in wider, and measures out at a 24 ft ft length. We will probably go to 25y, but I donít quite fancy the 30 ft length. However, our grandkids are growing and another has been added to the pack. When we bought the 22H it was just for us, but grandma always makes sure we plan around our offsprings offspring.
          Yes, my trailer is just 8 feet wide. I am not sure which direction my daughter is going to take, housing wise, beginning in August. If she stays here during her college years we will be looking at the Nash 25 (with rear bunks). The production run on the Nash 25 is in April so I can have the option of ordering whatever I want on it. I would have to put in the order soon, though. The dealer has been sold out of that model for 4 months and Northwood hasn't had any available in ages. . NW is kicking their selves in the pants by not being able to supply dealers in a timely matter, especially with the less popular models.
          As I live in a trailer park (and just signed a new 2 year lease) my preferred options might be different than an occasional 2 or 3 week on the roader. Storage is a bigger priority than having a generator-ready compartment. Ease of heating, primarily with electricity, is important..motorized stabilizer jacks are irrelevant.
          There is a propane truck that comes around every week and fills up leased/rented 100# propane cylinders. On a smaller, well insulated trailer I don't have a need for a 100# cylinder (or a pair of them). There are numerous newer 30' + toy haulers and other RVs with 2 or 3 slides. I know propane heat would be their only practical option. 100# of propane every 8-10 days in the winter would be a lot of bread for a lower income guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
            Just watched a short video on these MorRyde style steps....no thanks.
            I agree about the MorRyde steps. With that swing span, you are doomed if you have tight quarters where you need to park. We switched out our OEM steps to the Torklift steps. We LOVE LOVE them. We can accordian them out to whatever space we need to fit (for most cases, as I'm sure there might be some spot we can't fit.) The OEM steps that fold out on the 27-5L are awful. That first step is so tall you have to heave yourself up. And I am NOT a fan of having to buy an after market step just to reach the first step on the fold out style. The bummer about the 2019's that now have the MorRyde steps is there is not longer that space where you could install the Torklift steps instead. On the positive side, the MorRyde's are easy to walk up.
            2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, B&W Companion Hitch. Rebuilt tranny, PakBrake Exhaust Brake, PakBrake Airbags w/ Wireless remote fill.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, TPMS TST 507, ARP Controller, Sailun G rated tires.

Comment

I think it's all about how many steps you need vs what works. Recently went to the local RV show. Even low end 2 step units had the Solid Steps. Hardly any space needed to drop them down.
              Our 5er only needs 3 steps. The swing down area is not as big as a 4 step model. I walked up and down so many Solid Steps I was spoiled. I really can't see a condition where having the swing down area of 2-3 step versions would make be a deal breaker. 4 step versions OTOH could be an issue in tighter areas like parallel parking in rest stops or other parking lots.
              2012 Ram 2500 CTD
              2013 Fox Mountain 235 RLS

Comment

I look for our next upgrade to be the Torklift steps. However as an inbetweener, the extra step stool works, but not ideal.
                Neil and Marilyn and Beamer and Tuxie (felines)
                2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax 6.6L 4x4 Double Cab LB, 5th Spring, Ride Rite Air Bags, Tires: 275/75R18 125/122 3640 lb rated, 40 gal Transfer Flow Aux Tank.

2016 Arctic Fox 27-5L, Progressive EMS HW30C Surge Protector, TST 507 TPMS w/Color, Sailun Tires G rated, 2 Smart Tool 2000's, Titan Disk Brakes.

Of all the things I've lost. I miss my mind the most :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey View Post
                  I look for our next upgrade to be the Torklift steps. However as an inbetweener, the extra step stool works, but not ideal.
                  Perhaps, Smokey, you should think of getting a step stool sample...
                  Mark and Anita
                  2012 AF 22H dutifully following a 2014 F-350 diesel SB

Comment

Originally posted by ProfQuinn View Post

Perhaps, Smokey, you should think of getting a step stool sample...
                    If the Torklift married the Lippert & had a baby---- wouldn't they have a 'step-stool'?
                    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Goducks View Post
                      I think it's all about how many steps you need vs what works. Recently went to the local RV show. Even low end 2 step units had the Solid Steps. Hardly any space needed to drop them down.
                      Our 5er only needs 3 steps. The swing down area is not as big as a 4 step model. I walked up and down so many Solid Steps I was spoiled. I really can't see a condition where having the swing down area of 2-3 step versions would make be a deal breaker. 4 step versions OTOH could be an issue in tighter areas like parallel parking in rest stops or other parking lots.
                      I haven't seen the 3-step versions, but I have seen the 4-step versions, and they surly wouldn't work for us, while stopping for a night at a rest area, welcome center, truck stop, etc. --- no matter how much reflective tape I applied and/or cones I put out.
                      Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

The dealer gave me a lead in on the new Nash 24 bunk house that is going into production.. I will probably be going with a Nash 25C or the new 24. I have not reviewed the 24 yet. I need a good amount of storage space. The smaller bunkhouses eliminate much of the storage to the point of being weekender or 1 week trailers, not long term.. No storage anywhere near the bunks, in other words, living out of a suitcase.

Comment

Working...
                        X