New Northwood President and CEO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Northwood President and CEO

Yesterday Northwood announed that Craig Orton is replacing Jim Jones as President and CEO.

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2017/12/no...president-ceo/

2017 Ford F-350 XLT SC LB 6.7L Diesel 4x2 SRW
    2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L w/slide-out toppers, 15K AC, bedroom fan vent w/remote/tstat/rain sensor, powered sliding stab jacks, 50 amp service, 2" receiver hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, LevelMatePRO, Ford trailer camera & trailer TPMS

Mr Jones role at the factory was always suppose to be temporary but as a good friend to Ron he stayed on for years so they could put someone in more permanently into that position.
    Adam
    2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
    07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
    07 AF31W Mod's
    Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

Interesting, appears NW & ORV are a lot closer than I had thought.

Comment

Let's all pitch in and buy him a membership in the NROA forum.

I'm sure a couple of members would love to have the CEO's ear for a while .
        Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post
          Let's all pitch in and buy him a membership in the NROA forum.

I'm sure a couple of members would love to have the CEO's ear for a while .
          Several key personnel have access to the site - They just don't use it as much as we would like. Mostly due to their daily work load just trying to keep some what up with the demand for their product.
          Adam
          2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
          07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
          07 AF31W Mod's
          Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

Maybe when the workload comes down during the next recession Northwood management will have time to pay attention to this forum.
            2016 25Y AF All options and Solar
            1999 F-250 Superduty 4 door 4x4 200K
            Horse trainer, Triangle X Ranch, Forest Service Volunteer
            Bill Baehr & Sandy Cabral

Comment

It will be interesting to see if and how the company fairs going forward. I must admit, putting a CFO (bean counter) in charge of final decisions for quality of build and product line seems a little counter intuitive. Read the Jeld-wen windows reviews. I sincerely hope Mr. Orton will take a good hard look at what he has inherited and choose to continue the Higher standards that have built the name and reputation to this company. I know I will, as we may be in the market for a new camper one of these days, and there are some serious contenders out there.
              2005 Dodge 1-ton Dually, 5.9 cummins engine, 6 spd NV5600 transmission, 4.10 gears, 4wd, Custom Exhaust
              Torklift Magnum Hitch, Torklift Tiedowns, Torklift Fast Guns, Torklift Load Stabilizers, Helwig Big Wig anti-roll bar, Supertruss hitch extension(for the boat, and Wrangler some day)

2006 Arctic Fox 990 Silver Fox edition, Dry Bath, Couch/Table, Generator(2500 watt, LP), Rear awning, slide out awning, 17" flat panel tv, std crankup antenna, A/C, Camco Olympian 5500 grill

Comment

I hope he shows up on Saturday at the rally, would love to shake his hand and welcome him!!!
                2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
                Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
                2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
                Celia's Gourmet Foods
                Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Infused Olive Oils

Comment

Webster........You must be referring to the "Ron Nash" standards I presume. :-) That would make all feel good.
                  Neil and Marilyn and Beamer (feline)
                  2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax 6.6L 4x4 Double Cab LB, 5th Spring, Ride Rite Air Bags, Tires: 275/75R18 125/122 3640 lb rated, 40 gal Transfer Flow Aux Tank.

2016 Arctic Fox 27-5L, Progressive EMS HW30C Surge Protector, TST 507 TPMS w/Color, Sailun Tires G rated, 2 Smart Tool 2000's, Disk Brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Webster2831 View Post
                    It will be interesting to see if and how the company fairs going forward. I must admit, putting a CFO (bean counter) in charge of final decisions for quality of build and product line seems a little counter intuitive. Read the Jeld-wen windows reviews. I sincerely hope Mr. Orton will take a good hard look at what he has inherited and choose to continue the Higher standards that have built the name and reputation to this company. I know I will, as we may be in the market for a new camper one of these days, and there are some serious contenders out there.
                    I have an accounting degree but agree completely. An accountant (named Smith, I think) became CEO of GM back in the '80s - the era of poor quality generic basic transportation boxes. He almost put GM out of business.
                    Harvey Barlow
                    USN Retired
                    Glade Springs, WV
                    2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab & Chassis, Cummins ISB6.7 Aisin CM Flatbed BrakeSmart Transfer Flow 212k miles
                    2011 Arctic Fox 26X LT245/75R16LRE tires Yamaha 2400
                    2012 Unnamed 10' Slide-In Truck Camper

Comment

We have a Costco membership at home and a Sams Club membership here in Yuma. It appears Sams follows the Walmart philosophy of providing the cheapest product possible while Costco appears to try to provide the best product at the lowest possible price. From my point of view, the difference is significant. I like Costco more. Hopefully the new CEO will follow the Costco philosophy.
                      Ken and Rita Madsen
                      2003 GMC Duramax, 2016 27-5L AF

Comment

Business is business! Makes sense having the main finance guy take over. I sure hope that they are not getting ready to sell NW! If you look across senior management, to include sales reps, they all pretty much built the company with Ron and Sherry. I believe the family is seriously committed to taking care of these original "family team members". So - and as they all retire - the economy has driven the company to record sales numbers and the family will have to deal with estate taxes............. Business is business!

Anyone have a crystal ball? I for one sure hope NW stays "Family Friendly"; as this has been a real fun experience with - owning an Arctic Fox, NROA membership, and getting to know the NW Team!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey View Post
                          Webster........You must be referring to the "Ron Nash" standards I presume. :-) That would make all feel good.
                          Why YES! It would indeed. I know AF's have their problems just like any others, but from my perspective, the AF design team have done a GREAT job and "think through" on their products.
                          2005 Dodge 1-ton Dually, 5.9 cummins engine, 6 spd NV5600 transmission, 4.10 gears, 4wd, Custom Exhaust
                          Torklift Magnum Hitch, Torklift Tiedowns, Torklift Fast Guns, Torklift Load Stabilizers, Helwig Big Wig anti-roll bar, Supertruss hitch extension(for the boat, and Wrangler some day)

2006 Arctic Fox 990 Silver Fox edition, Dry Bath, Couch/Table, Generator(2500 watt, LP), Rear awning, slide out awning, 17" flat panel tv, std crankup antenna, A/C, Camco Olympian 5500 grill

Comment

Originally posted by MtCamper View Post
                            We have a Costco membership at home and a Sams Club membership here in Yuma. It appears Sams follows the Walmart philosophy of providing the cheapest product possible while Costco appears to try to provide the best product at the lowest possible price. From my point of view, the difference is significant. I like Costco more. Hopefully the new CEO will follow the Costco philosophy.
                            To wit, notice Sam's Club closing 64 locations while Costco thrives. You hit the nail squarely on the head!
                            2016 Chevrolet 4x4 3500 WT Duramax DRW crewcab
                            2014 Arctic Fox 29.5K
                            B&W RVK3500 Companion hitch

Comment

It all depends on the person, a company leader needs to be a little bit accountant, sales person, engineer, financier, HR, MBA etc etc. and of course have a vision which is probably the most important attribute. Ron Nash had a vision that got us here and nobody will have his vision, we are all unique. The future might be better, maybe worse but certainly different. Like has been said, stay tuned to this same Bat channel to see what happens. Im hopefull a good balance of quality and profit will be maintained

Comment

Working...
                              X