Posts Are Cut Off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posts Are Cut Off?

I have noticed a few times that when I post something, once in a while only about 2/3rds of the post shows up.. Not sure why this is. I have had it happen both in replies and in starting threads. It cuts off mid sentence and even trying another time still does not post. In a recent thread I started, I uploaded the last part in a 2nd post in order to get the whole thing to show. Also recently, in this thread, what I wrote was cut off and I did not notice until it was too late to edit. At the end of my initial post, the "how na" went on to say "how na
    2021 Ram 6.7L 68RFE 3500 4X4 CCSB | ARE MX Cap | Previous: 2001 F-350 V-10 4X4 CC.
    2018 Nash 26N. Rear View Camera, 900W Solar, 2nd Bathroom Medicine Cabinet,
    Progressive Industries EMS, Two Recliners and Kitchen Counter Wall,
    2015 Nash 17K Previous

Well there you go. In my initial post in this thread the same thing happened. There were a few more sentences I typed after that "how na". But they were cut off from the post. Weird.
    2021 Ram 6.7L 68RFE 3500 4X4 CCSB | ARE MX Cap | Previous: 2001 F-350 V-10 4X4 CC.
    2015 Nash 17K Previous

Comment

I have noticed the severing of sentences at times, but I’m not sure I have been a part of it. I just assumed the poster had pushed the post button too quickly. Your question shows this is an actual coding issue of some kind (I think?).
      Mark and Anita
      2020 25Y dutifully following a 2014 F-350 diesel SB

Comment

Will, the maximum amount of characters for a post is set to 50,000, so there is nothing on our end that is making this happen.

I am going to make another post under this and make it a long bunch of gibberish and see if it happens to me...
        2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
        Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
        2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
        Celia's Gourmet Foods
        Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Infused Olive Oils

Comment

It is strange as it does not happen to me consistently. It also does not seem to be related to post length as you can see from the initial post in this thread which was not that long and did get cut off. Another odd thing is that the post above that was cut off was cut at the same place as the post in the example thread I linked to, right after the a in "how na". Weird. I use the Edge browser, but I suppose others do also. I will watch posts from other people to see if I notice any cut off. If it is only happening to me then that would indicate an issue on my side.
          2015 Nash 17K Previous

Comment

This is a post about nothing, nothing indeed. Just a post of gibberish that will test the systems failure to let Will post whatever he wants and as long of post as he wants. For some reason he thinks that the site does not want to hear his entire statements, but I think that is not the case. I think that this is about human error maybe? But we will see, notice the "Will" part in that statement? Ok, so far I a typing nothing, and something is appearing on the screen, so for some reason I feel I am misleading people about typing nothing. I guess I am typing something, how useless it is should probably be considered into this equation no??? For if I type nothing the screen should be blank, and obviously it is not blank, there is some gibberish coming out of my fingers, so I conclude that I need to change the statement about typing nothing. Therefor I unofficially change my stance and now claim to be typing something, be it useless in nature or not. If you have any objections to my change of mind, file it in the round can next to your desk, and title it useless as well. Maybe next time I will start with the words, "do not read this, is has no value at all, even though it is something"... Would that help this issue that is so conflicting? Do you suppose that I have typed enough of this gibberish that it would be cut off yet? If so should I stop, or should I keep going on with this nonsense? I think either way this is useless, and should be deleted as soon as it appears. Maybe the user Shotgun should be eliminated from the entire group for his useless waste of space and tireless use of his fingers on the keyboard? Maybe we should hang him from the yardarm, make him walk the plank, and use him as chum for the sharks. AS he is old and has a temper, I think the sharks would consider his pieces as good fotter and come back for more causing a real stir in the fishing community. Can you see it now? The sharks would be furious at all the bottom fish that are scurrying around grabbing the left overs. Maybe we should re-evaluate this entire thread, and make it useful somehow so we can avoid the poor demise of Shotgun? So how do we do that? Maybe unplug his computer, ban him from the site, and give him a fond farewell goodbye? I think so, that would be a real good thing, and he would not have to endure this sort of useless humiliation again. I think we should all give him a fond goodbye, and offer him a nice parting gift... Maybe 5000 rounds of 9mm so that he can spend the next few years relaxing and recovering from this ordeal at his favorite gun range. That's the least we can do for him correct.? All donations should be advanced through Adam for forwarding to Shotgun. Please give, and give often!!!
            Celia's Gourmet Foods

Comment

Hey Will, I think it is a user issue???
              Celia's Gourmet Foods

Comment

I am thinking you may be right. As posted above, I will watch for it happening to others and if I see it, contact them to check on any common denominators. The only thing I have noticed is that the cut off often happens at the same place like in the "na" example above if I try to fix it. I have had it happen to a post and then when I go in to edit to add the missing text, it will cut if off again. So it does seem like the software is sensing something in the text it does not like. But what is odd is that if I then post the part that won't go up in the original post into a reply, it goes up fine.
                2015 Nash 17K Previous

Comment

When I was teaching we were told not to use the Edge browser in our Canvas software as it didn’t always play well.?
                  Mark and Anita
                  2020 25Y dutifully following a 2014 F-350 diesel SB

Comment

No donations yet? WHAT???? What a farce, I quit......
                    Celia's Gourmet Foods

Comment

Working...
                    X