No announcement yet.

Email Notifications No Longer Work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My notification on yahoo mail have worked find and it sounds like they are working for art on gmail. For you others who say you are not getting them make sure you include what email service you use when you post.
    Adam
    2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
    07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
    07 AF31W Mod's
    Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

OK folks, the email system for the site is working fine. If you are not getting the notifications, check your spam folder. Also, go into your email settings, and make sure you list this site as a trusted site.

Also, I have fixed the issue with the secure notice. The entire site is back up and running correctly as far as I can tell.
      2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
      Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
      2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
      Celia's Gourmet Foods
      Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Infused Olive Oils

Comment

OK, I guess I have not fixed the entire security issue. I think the problem is that the avatars are not loading from a secure link. I will try to find that and get it fixed asap.
        Celia's Gourmet Foods

Comment

Everything appears to be working on my end.
          Kim + Betsy
          I do all my own stunts....just ask my wife.
          2017 AF 35-5Z
          2017 F450 Lariat

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post
            OK folks, the email system for the site is working fine. If you are not getting the notifications, check your spam folder. Also, go into your email settings, and make sure you list this site as a trusted site.

Also, I have fixed the issue with the secure notice. The entire site is back up and running correctly as far as I can tell.
            I changed my email address to my personal email server and I got a notification at 07:50 this morning. I'll change it back to my AT&T email address on Yahoo mail and check it out. Thank you for work on this.
            Gary & Linda

USN Retired
            2017 AF 27-5L, 5th Airborne pin box
            2016 Ram 2500, Cummins Crew Cab 4x4 auto level
            Any man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile... can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy"
            President John F. Kennedy, August 1, 1963

Comment

OK, it is all fixed with ONE EXCEPTION. All the smilies that have previously been used in posts are feeding from the "http" protocol and NOT "https" protocol. What that means is if you load a page that has a smilie used in any one of the replies, then that page will load showing the insecure notice in the address bar.

To fix this, I would have to go into EVERY PAGE, and EVERY POST and change that smilie and add it again to change the feed to a "https" protocol. Guess what folks, you are just going to have to live with the way it is as I can not change every flippin smilie from the past 17 years.

This really is no security issue, and is called a "soft response" when doing a security scan. The page is secure, the image is actually being loaded from the "https" protocol as I force everything to run that way, but the image link in coding shows the smilie as the "http" protocol and not "https". That is what the security scanning is seeing, and thus a "soft" response that shows in the address bar.
              Celia's Gourmet Foods

Comment

OK one other issue: Can EVERYONE PLEASE check your signatures for pictures. If you have a picture in your signature, or coding for a picture, we need you to remove it ASAP. These pictures do not show up in your post signature, but the coding is still in your signature and is causing the entire page to show as insecure. We need them removed as soon as possible. I found that out while trying to fix the avatar and smilie issue this morning on my own signature, and I didn't even think I had one because we turned off sig pics awhile back. So, the picture did not show, but the coding was still in my signature, and it caused a insecure response for every page I had every made on post on. So please, especially all our long time members, check for pictures and remove them! Thank You, and continue on....
                Celia's Gourmet Foods

Comment

Here is where I am with this issue.

For years notification has been sporadic and that is still the case today. Sometimes I get a notification and sometimes not. There are no notifications in gmail's spam folder nor in my Outlook folder.

There is no http or https in the address bar and the site is labeled not secure at the home tab.

These are all minor irritants that I can live with. I note them because they may help to diagnose the problem.

Thanks, Shotgun, for all the work you do for us.
                  2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
                  2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
                  2018 Arctic Fox 29L; Traded in
                  *2001 Arctic Fox 29V; Sold
                  South Lake Tahoe, CA

Comment

I have been receiving email notifications from 2018 until July 31st at my AT&T pacbell.net email address that I retrieve via Yahoo mail. I no longer get notifications at that email address (junk, trash or otherwise). I do, however, get notifications if I set my board email address to my personal email server email address at ozziesworld.com. I changed my email address on the board to my personal address twice today and received notifications each time, and I stop getting notifications when I change it back to my AT&T pacbell.net email address.

I will just leave my email address to my personal account.

Thank you all for your hard work and the follow-up. It is appreciated.
                    Gary & Linda

USN Retired
                    Any man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile... can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy"

Comment

I just received a notification for OzzieOne's post, the first notification today. An example of the sporadic nature of notifications.
                      2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
                      2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
                      2018 Arctic Fox 29L; Traded in
                      *2001 Arctic Fox 29V; Sold
                      South Lake Tahoe, CA

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzer10 View Post
                        Here is where I am with this issue.

For years notification has been sporadic and that is still the case today. Sometimes I get a notification and sometimes not. There are no notifications in gmail's spam folder nor in my Outlook folder.

The sporadic issue is not on our servers end, it has to be something within your gmail account. Find your email spam settings and mark our site/domain as allowed and it should stop filtering out your messages. When gmail, yahoo and the rest filter out things as spam, we have no indication on our end, and you have no clue as it just deletes the email.

There is no http or https in the address bar and the site is labeled not secure at the home tab.

If you are using Chrome, it tends to leave off the protocol in the address bar, but if you do a copy of the address, and then paste it you will see the http or https protocol. Same with a few other browsers as well.

These are all minor irritants that I can live with. I note them because they may help to diagnose the problem.

Thanks, Shotgun, for all the work you do for us.
                        Thank you for the comment!

Celia's Gourmet Foods

Comment

Originally posted by OzzieOne View Post
                          I have been receiving email notifications from 2018 until July 31st at my AT&T pacbell.net email address that I retrieve via Yahoo mail. I no longer get notifications at that email address (junk, trash or otherwise). I do, however, get notifications if I set my board email address to my personal email server email address at ozziesworld.com. I changed my email address on the board to my personal address twice today and received notifications each time, and I stop getting notifications when I change it back to my AT&T pacbell.net email address.

I will just leave my email address to my personal account.

Thank you all for your hard work and the follow-up. It is appreciated.
                          Contact pacbell and tell them the issue. For some reason they are filtering out the emails our server is sending. If they give you an answer, let me know what they say, it might help on our end.
                          Celia's Gourmet Foods

Comment

Appears to not be working again? I noticed that the last couple of message notifications I had on the NROA website there was no email received. I did check my account settings and they appear to be correct.
                            2017 Arctic Fox 992 Truck Camper
                            2005 Ford F350, 6.0 Diesel, Crew Cab, 4x4, Manual Trans
                            Honda EU2000i Generator
                            River Wild 16' Drift Boat, 9.9 Honda Outboard
                            Stillwater Trout Fly Fisherman

Comment

Mine are still working after I told my email server that nroacom@webpro3.speedingbits.com was not a SPAM site. It was identifying the emails as SPAM.
                              Gary & Linda

USN Retired

Comment

My last one worked on Dec 4th. I guess when someone replies to this I can see if they are working still......
                                2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
                                • 4 pt Auto Level / 15k Single AC / 50 Amp (no Gen)
                                • 3xFantastic Fans / 3xFantastic Covers
                                • Sofa with Air Bed / Dinette / Slow Rise Shades
                                • Factory 2" Receiver hitch
                                • MODS
                                  • 395W Solar / Rear Camera / TPS / Flagpole Buddy / BMV-712 / Fridge Defend
                                2015 Chevy 3500 Dually LTZ
                                • Duramax / B&W Turnover w/Companion / 40 Gal transfer tank.

Comment

Working...
                                X