Email Notifications No Longer Work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Notifications No Longer Work?

Has anyone else noticed that email notifications no longer work after the hosting company moved the site onto the new server? I've checked and re-saved my settings, but I haven't received an email notification since then.
    Gary & Linda

USN Retired
    2017 AF 27-5L, 5th Airborne pin box
    2016 Ram 2500, Cummins Crew Cab 4x4 auto level
    Any man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile... can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy"
    President John F. Kennedy, August 1, 1963

I got on July 31st. Have you tried logging out and then logging back in to see if that might help? Not really sure what might be going on.
    2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, B&W Companion Hitch. Rebuilt tranny, PakBrake Exhaust Brake, PakBrake Airbags w/ Wireless remote fill.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, TPMS TST 507, ARP Controller, Sailun G rated tires.

Comment

Possible they are getting into spam folder ?
      PMed OzzieOne and Copper865 to see if they got it
      2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel with pull rite superglide
      2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,power watchdog, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System
      2007 Titanium 34E39RE

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Art View Post
        Possible they are getting into spam folder ?
        PMed OzzieOne and Copper865 to see if they got it
        Art ,

I got your PM, but no notification. I checked my SPAM folder and they were not there. I then logged out and then logged back in. We'll see if that makes a difference. It did reset the read/unread flags on all of the posts to unread. I'll keep an eye on it throughout the day.
        Gary & Linda

USN Retired
        Any man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile... can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy"

Comment

I got a email about your PM reply and about you quoting me.
          Possibly your email service not trusting the hosting service ?
          I use gmail BTW ( was an issue once where yahoo email worked fine but others not do much )

my relevant settings

1-settings.JPG
          2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel with pull rite superglide
          2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,power watchdog, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System
          2007 Titanium 34E39RE

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

Email notifications work fine for me, but I do not use gmail,yahoo or the rest. I will look into the email settings on the server as I do remember a long time ago it was an issue. I will see if the SPF/DKIM settings changed during the move, more than likely this is what has happened.
            2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
            Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
            2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
            Celia's Gourmet Foods
            Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Infused Olive Oils

Comment

Thank you both for your assistance in this.
              Gary & Linda

USN Retired

Comment

There was a time, years ago, where Gmail didn't trust Yahoo for some reason and refused all messages from Yahoo; some sort of security problem. Maybe that has resurfaced in some way.

Notifications has always been hit or miss for me.

Edit: I just went to my spam folder on gmail and the notifications were there. I told gmail that two of them were not spam and hope that makes them not spam in the future.
                2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
                2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
                2018 Arctic Fox 29L; Traded in
                *2001 Arctic Fox 29V; Sold
                South Lake Tahoe, CA

Comment

Gary, Shotgun had me send a message to the server company which I did. They have made a change and want me to let them know if it now works. I am assuming this change will take effect immediately, So let me know if you get this message notification via email.
                  Adam
                  2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
                  07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
                  07 AF31W Mod's
                  Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

Adam; I just got your last message. So gmail and the site are working for me.
                    2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
                    2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
                    2018 Arctic Fox 29L; Traded in
                    *2001 Arctic Fox 29V; Sold
                    South Lake Tahoe, CA

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzer10 View Post
                      Adam; I just got your last message. So gmail and the site are working for me.
                      Well thats a good start!
                      Adam
                      2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
                      07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
                      07 AF31W Mod's
                      Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                        Gary, Shotgun had me send a message to the server company which I did. They have made a change and want me to let them know if it now works. I am assuming this change will take effect immediately, So let me know if you get this message notification via email.
                        Unfortunately not. The last notification I received was at 10:46 on Friday, 7/31/2020. Thank you for the follow-up.

Gary & Linda

USN Retired

Comment

My browser shows this site as "Not Secure" after the move. Maybe that has something to do with it.
                          Randy & Connie
                          Walnut Creek, CA
                          2016 6.7L Ford F-350 SRW, EEZ TPMS
                          2016 27-5L, 5.5kW Gen, 600W Solar, 500Ah AGM, Hybrid 3kW Inverter, plus a couple other Mods.

Comment

Working on this. The site certificate has an issue with the new server, should be fixed soon.
                            2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
                            Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
                            2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
                            Celia's Gourmet Foods
                            Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Infused Olive Oils

Comment

Okay OzzieOne , you have now jinxed me. I got a PM from Art, but no notification. I just happened to look at the site just now (Aug. 4th 4:17pm) and noticed this email feed and Art's PM.
                              2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, B&W Companion Hitch. Rebuilt tranny, PakBrake Exhaust Brake, PakBrake Airbags w/ Wireless remote fill.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, TPMS TST 507, ARP Controller, Sailun G rated tires.

Comment

Working...
                              X