X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shotgun
    replied
    Originally posted by nwtraveler View Post
    As for browsing a forum or website I right click and open a link in a new tab.
    I ALWAYS start a new tab when jumping between websites. Especially places like Facebook, Google, etc. as they trace you and keep information on all the places you visit. Have you ever noticed the adds that pop up on certain websites, and they have products that you have searched for or websites you have visited? Kind of creepy to me, so I just start a new tab whenever I change websites.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Didit
    replied
    Originally posted by nwtraveler View Post
    I run Linux Mint and the Chromium browser (a version of Google Chrome for Linux).
    I use an app called Click and Clean. I click on the icon and it clears everything before
    closing the browser.

As for browsing a forum or website I right click and open a link in a new tab. That way I can just
    close the tab when I'm done reading and don't have to reload the main page over and over.
    good idea...might start just opening in new tab.

Leave a comment:

• nwtraveler
    replied
    I run Linux Mint and the Chromium browser (a version of Google Chrome for Linux).
    I use an app called Click and Clean. I click on the icon and it clears everything before
    closing the browser.

As for browsing a forum or website I right click and open a link in a new tab. That way I can just
    close the tab when I'm done reading and don't have to reload the main page over and over.

Leave a comment:

• BPofMD
    replied
    Phew...what a lot of work just to clear your caches, memory and stuff. I just use the free version of CCleaner and let it do it's thing. It also cleans out unwanted and crap from the registry safely. Been using it for years.

Leave a comment:

• nielsorj
    replied
    I recently noticed that I was having problems like slow response on the site also.What really worked for my situation is to unplug the modem, unplug the router, turn off/unplug the computer; then plug in the computer, the modem and the router and when your modem and router have finished loading again, your connection will likely be noticeably faster. Just a guess that this will solve your problem, but it might.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Didit
    replied
    Originally posted by BPofMD View Post
    Guess it just you or your mouse. You DO have a "back button" on your mouse don't you?
    Don't know that, I just click on the back arrow on my laptop.

Leave a comment:

• BPofMD
    replied
    Guess it just you or your mouse. You DO have a "back button" on your mouse don't you?

Leave a comment:

• Dave Didit
    started a topic Multiple Clicks

Multiple Clicks

Is it just me or does anyone else experience that when hitting the back button on occasion the wheels just spin and I have to hit it the second time? Sometimes I find it easier to just reload the site.
Working...
X