• Show
Clear All

• Mark channels read

Why doesn't this work ?
    BPofMD - Bud & Penny / Actively Retired Navy Vet
    2005 F250 6.0 - TorqLift Upper Overloads
    2007 Silver Fox 29-E 5th Wheel / Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Maybe I wasn't specific enough. At the top of the FORUMS page there is a title called MARK CHANNELS READ. It used to work as it says. If there were a number of posts you didn't care about you could just click that and they wouldn't appear as a highlighted post. You now need to go to all those posts and open them, then leave to the next post you don't care about and so on. Now that feature doesn't work at all. I click it and it doesn't remove the highlighted posts that I haven't opened. Can his be fixed to work again ?
    2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Comment

Sorry Bud no answer on this change to the site, I believe the site was recently updated so must be a bug in the update or it changed a setting some where. While I can not fix a bug or even report it, I can look into the settings to see if there is a on/off button for this feature. Work has picked up for the next couple of days again I need the revenue so it might be a little while before I am able to look into this. After I do I will post what I found if anything.
      Adam
      2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
      07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
      07 AF31W Mod's
      Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

Thanks Adam.
        2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Comment

In the "Forums" section scroll down to the bottom. There is a button to "Mark Channels Read". Click on that and it will mark them all as read. Now if you do like me and clear your cache and cookies when shutting down, the channels will will show up as "unread" the next time you sign in to this site.
          2017 Arctic Fox 992 Truck Camper
          2005 Ford F350, 6.0 Diesel, Crew Cab, 4x4, Manual Trans
          Honda EU2000i Generator
          River Wild 16' Drift Boat, 9.9 Honda Outboard
          Stillwater Trout Fly Fisherman

Comment

OK, that works just fine. Now how about either fixing the link to do the same at the TOP of the page - OR simply remove that item. Better to just link the 2 together tho... why have to scroll all the way to the bottom?
            2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Comment

Originally posted by BPofMD View Post
              OK, that works just fine. Now how about either fixing the link to do the same at the TOP of the page - OR simply remove that item. Better to just link the 2 together tho... why have to scroll all the way to the bottom?
              This is not a feature that I use, but I clicked on the "Mark Channels Read" at the TOP of the forum to test it for you. Then I clicked on "New Topics". There were no new topics returned for me, I'm assuming because marking all channels read is working for me? But as I don't use the feature, I am not sure if this is how it used to work for you?
              2001 F-350 V-10 4X4 CC 76,000 miles. Larger Transmission Cooler, Rear View Camera on 26N, ScanGauge.
              2018 Nash 26N. 900W Solar, 2nd Bathroom Medicine Cabinet, Progressive Industries EMS, Two Recliners and Kitchen Counter Wall,
              2015 Nash 17K Previous

Comment

I can't figure it out but I just tred it again and usually when I was get it to work, it would hesitate then stop and all the unread posts would show as read (red as opposed to reed)). Now it doesn't seem top do anything but if I scroll down to the lower section and click that one, it hesitates as I would expect and all the unred posts would then show as read.(red).
                2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Comment

Working...
                X