Close Old Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close Old Threads

How about closing threads older than a year or so old. They can still be read but no one can post to it. If needed they can start a new thread. One pops up and you think it is something new but the previous post is very old. Many are long and you need to wade through them to see what the original poster said.

I agree with orhusky!!!

orhusky replied
    12-09-2019, 05:56 PM

People. Why are we digging up a post from 3 years ago just to rant ? Am I missing something here? Let’s move on with helpful information that benefits the members.

Glen & Linda
    2018 27-5L Arctic Fox,
    2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD D/A 4X4 Ext Cab
    Anderson Ultimate 5th wheel hitch
    Blogs: Ongoing: http://glelin-travels1.blogspot.com/
    Alaska: http://glelin-travels.blogspot.com/

I have been getting a few of those in past months. No longer have an RV or Chevy Duramax. :-(

Comment

This had been one of my thoughts recently but have not had the time to do a search to see if its possible to have the thread close automatically after a predetermine set of time has passed. I have it on my calendar to look into after the holidays and rally sign up dust settles.
      Adam
      2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
      07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
      07 AF31W Mod's
      Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

Thanks, Adam,

Maybe your deputies can help you.
        Glen & Linda
        2018 27-5L Arctic Fox,
        2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD D/A 4X4 Ext Cab
        Anderson Ultimate 5th wheel hitch
        Blogs: Ongoing: http://glelin-travels1.blogspot.com/
        Alaska: http://glelin-travels.blogspot.com/

Comment

I often find old threads to be informative and helpful and bumping them up with a new post and question makes sense to me instead of starting a new thread on the exact same topic. The info in the old thread can be pertinent to the new question, I prefer to bump an old thread with a new question and keep the conversation rolling.

I think the example used above was a "troll" posting to an old thread.
          Kurt, Leslie and Cooper
          Flagstaff, AZ
          2018 27-5L
          2018 RAM 2500 6.7L

Comment

RIP
            https://www.nroa2003.com/forum/forum...35-todays-joke
            https://www.nroa2003.com/forum/forum...-mfg-sightings
            2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel
            2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,built in surge suppressor, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

Oh come on these are classic threads which never get old! I often will just pick a page on the joke thread and reread the posts.
              Adam
              2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
              07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
              07 AF31W Mod's
              Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

So the reason someone finds these threads, and brings them back to life, is exactly why they should remain active. Someone has found them useful and wants to inject either an opinion or ask a question, and there is nothing wrong with that. If we close all the older threads, we are cutting communications with our newer members that never had a chance to voice anything in the first place. Old news just might be good news to those that dig them up. Why stifle their interests?
                2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
                Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
                2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
                Celia's Gourmet Foods
                Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Infused Olive Oils

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post
                  So the reason someone finds these threads, and brings them back to life, is exactly why they should remain active. Someone has found them useful and wants to inject either an opinion or ask a question, and there is nothing wrong with that. If we close all the older threads, we are cutting communications with our newer members than never had a chance to voice anything in the first place. Old news just might be good news to those that dig them up. Why stifle their interests?
                  I agree!! Often times I will go looking for advice and find an old thread. I really like the option of just adding to the old thread. In fact, I have seen new info on an "old thread" that I missed the first go around and now see it and find it very useful. Or maybe at the time the "old thread" was written I was not interested in the topic or I was not having the same problem or issue, but now, with the new info added, it brings it back up and maybe now I really need it.

So, all that rambling on, my vote is to keep the old threads like they were meant to be used.
                  2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, B&W Companion Hitch. Rebuilt tranny, PakBrake Exhaust Brake, PakBrake Airbags w/ Wireless remote fill.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, TPMS TST 507, ARP Controller, Sailun G rated tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post
                    So the reason someone finds these threads, and brings them back to life, is exactly why they should remain active. Someone has found them useful and wants to inject either an opinion or ask a question, and there is nothing wrong with that. If we close all the older threads, we are cutting communications with our newer members that never had a chance to voice anything in the first place. Old news just might be good news to those that dig them up. Why stifle their interests?
                    This.
                    2001 F-350 V-10 4X4 CC 76,000 miles. Larger Transmission Cooler, Rear View Camera, ScanGauge.
                    2018 Nash 26N. 900W Solar, 2nd Bathroom Medicine Cabinet, Progressive Industries EMS, Two Recliners and Kitchen Counter Wall,
                    2015 Nash 17K Previous

Comment

Working...
                    X