X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProfQuinn
    replied
    “Same Bat time, same Bat channel......”
    Now I can pin Mr. Shotgun’s age as something more than a 20-something. Old TV shows are the carbon dating of past generations.

Leave a comment:

• Copper865
    replied
    Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

So sorry you took it that way, was not said to dismiss you, more of a dig on myself for feeling "how stupid am I for not knowing it worked that way". Again, I am sorry, I never want to cause bad feelings.
    Thanks for the reply. All is good in the hood!!!

Leave a comment:

• Shotgun
    replied
    Originally posted by Copper865 View Post
    That said, I will admit I felt a little dismissed by the comment "I have no clue if it ever worked like Copper865 described."
    So sorry you took it that way, was not said to dismiss you, more of a dig on myself for feeling "how stupid am I for not knowing it worked that way". Again, I am sorry, I never want to cause bad feelings.

Leave a comment:

• Shotgun
    replied
    Originally posted by Adam View Post
    Shotgun did you summit a "bug" report with Vbulletin anyway?
    Not yet, way to busy with the business at the moment. I will as soon as I have time to think it out.

Leave a comment:

• Copper865
    replied
    So the bottom line is this: All these features are part of the main scripting, and can change from upgrade to upgrade. Who knows why without being on the development team for Vbulletin. Could have been some sort of security issue, platform issue, or whatever and this is a work around. Whatever the reason, I will not go in and start changing code, if for no other reason than to it might lead to a security issue. We will have to hang tight until the next upgrade or two/ten and see what happens. Until then, lets all put on our smiley faces and work around the issue.

Thank you, that will be all..... We now return you to your previous programming... Same Bat time, same Bat channel......
    No problem. I can totally work with what we have. I do appriciate ALL the IT support you give the forum, so we can all communicate together. That said, I will admit I felt a little dismissed by the comment "I have no clue if it ever worked like Copper865 described." I appricaited Will and Calaveras for stepping up and echoing my observations. Okay, I'm over it now. I just felt I needed to say that. Thanks again for all you do Shotgun.

Leave a comment:

• Adam
    replied
    Shotgun did you summit a "bug" report with Vbulletin anyway?

Leave a comment:

• Calaveras
    replied
    Adam Shotgun Thanks, I’ll adapt to the new system. I liked the Bat comments!

Leave a comment:

• Shotgun
    replied
    So the bottom line is this: All these features are part of the main scripting, and can change from upgrade to upgrade. Who knows why without being on the development team for Vbulletin. Could have been some sort of security issue, platform issue, or whatever and this is a work around. Whatever the reason, I will not go in and start changing code, if for no other reason than to it might lead to a security issue. We will have to hang tight until the next upgrade or two/ten and see what happens. Until then, lets all put on our smiley faces and work around the issue.

Thank you, that will be all..... We now return you to your previous programming... Same Bat time, same Bat channel......

Leave a comment:

• Adam
    replied
    It never did that for me, I had to click the dismiss button to delete the message with the link in it. I wonder if what system you are using varies how the site works?

Leave a comment:

• Calaveras
    replied
    Adam it also used to delete the message once you clicked on it and went to the post, it no longer deletes.

Leave a comment:

• Adam
    replied
    Thanks for the additional conformation on how this feature used to function. I am sure Shotgun has already sent the bug report to the mfg.

Leave a comment:

• Calaveras
    replied
    Originally posted by Will View Post

I pretty positive it did used to work as described.
    Yes, it did work that way, I’m positive.

Leave a comment:

• Will
    replied
    I never use it. I have no clue if it ever worked they way Copper865 describes?
    I pretty positive it did used to work as described.

Leave a comment:

• Copper865
    replied
    I have no clue if it ever worked they way Copper865 describes?
    This kinda makes me laugh. This feature was so nice, I feel sorta bad neither of you got to enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• Shotgun
    replied
    Originally posted by Adam View Post
    . So now I am with you but do not remember it working like that....that is not to say it didn't, just don't remember...so in conclusion I am of no help at all!
    Adam I never pay attention to my messages. I get the emails telling me when people reply to my subscribed threads, or the support forum, so the message thing is redundant for me, I never use it. I have no clue if it ever worked they way Copper865 describes?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X