Feature of the "subscribed" button.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature of the "subscribed" button.

Adam, I have recently noticed that when I click on my messages and then click on the individual message, it brings me to the original poster location instead of taking me to the spot where the posting I'm clicking on; which may be on page 2 or the bottom of page 1. Does this make sense? Not sure if I am describing this correctly. Since it now takes me to the first spot where the original poster made a comment, I have to scroll to the bottom of the page find where the current posting is that I want to look at. Sometimes it may be on page 2 or 3.
    2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, B&W Companion Hitch. Rebuilt tranny, PakBrake Exhaust Brake, PakBrake Airbags w/ Wireless remote fill.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, TPMS TST 507, ARP Controller, Sailun G rated tires.

Having the same problem, click on latest activity button next to post will take you to the latest and invert the string.
    2009 Desert Fox 28KS, LEDS throughout, BF Goodrich 245X75X16 commercials, Onan 4KW 2006 Chev 2500 Duramax/Allison, Firestone airbags, Tekonsha P3, 75 gal aux tank, DiamondBack Cover, Curt 17000/2400 Hitch. Avatar: White River, Yukon

Comment

Trying to figure out where the "my messages" is that you are talking about. Is it at the top of this page where the Bell symbol is next to the word messages?
      Adam
      2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
      07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
      07 AF31W Mod's
      Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
        Trying to figure out where the "my messages" is that you are talking about. Is it at the top of this page where the Bell symbol is next to the word messages?
        Yes. Normally, when I click on that, it opens to all my messages. Then, I click on the message I want to look at, which it would then scroll me directly to that specific new message. Now, it just opens to the main page, and I have to scroll down and find the new message.
        2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, B&W Companion Hitch. Rebuilt tranny, PakBrake Exhaust Brake, PakBrake Airbags w/ Wireless remote fill.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, TPMS TST 507, ARP Controller, Sailun G rated tires.

Comment

It is doing that for me as well. I will look into it, but more than likely this is due to the last upgrade I did about a week or so ago. If nothing else I will report it as a bug to Vbulletin.
          2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
          Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
          2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
          Celia's Gourmet Foods
          Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Infused Olive Oils

Comment

By you replying to my post the system generated a message for me so now I have something to click on to see what you are talking about! Which I did and yes it took me to the first post in the thread for which I was auto subscribed to. Which is what I thought it always did but you are saying it used to take you to the first unread post, which I suppose would be a useful feature on a thread you have been following. So now I am with you but do not remember it working like that....that is not to say it didn't, just don't remember...so in conclusion I am of no help at all! I see shotgun is replying so I will wait with you to see what he might come up with.
            Adam
            07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
            07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
              . So now I am with you but do not remember it working like that....that is not to say it didn't, just don't remember...so in conclusion I am of no help at all!
              Adam I never pay attention to my messages. I get the emails telling me when people reply to my subscribed threads, or the support forum, so the message thing is redundant for me, I never use it. I have no clue if it ever worked they way Copper865 describes?
              Celia's Gourmet Foods

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post
                I have no clue if it ever worked they way Copper865 describes?
                This kinda makes me laugh. This feature was so nice, I feel sorta bad neither of you got to enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post
                  I never use it. I have no clue if it ever worked they way Copper865 describes?
                  I pretty positive it did used to work as described.

2001 F-350 V-10 4X4 CC 80,000 miles. Larger Transmission Cooler, Rear View Camera on 26N, ScanGauge.
                  2018 Nash 26N. 900W Solar, 2nd Bathroom Medicine Cabinet, Progressive Industries EMS, Two Recliners and Kitchen Counter Wall,
                  2015 Nash 17K Previous

Comment

Originally posted by Will View Post

I pretty positive it did used to work as described.
                    Yes, it did work that way, I’m positive.

Comment

Thanks for the additional conformation on how this feature used to function. I am sure Shotgun has already sent the bug report to the mfg.
                      Adam
                      07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Adam it also used to delete the message once you clicked on it and went to the post, it no longer deletes.

Comment

It never did that for me, I had to click the dismiss button to delete the message with the link in it. I wonder if what system you are using varies how the site works?
                          Adam
                          07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

So the bottom line is this: All these features are part of the main scripting, and can change from upgrade to upgrade. Who knows why without being on the development team for Vbulletin. Could have been some sort of security issue, platform issue, or whatever and this is a work around. Whatever the reason, I will not go in and start changing code, if for no other reason than to it might lead to a security issue. We will have to hang tight until the next upgrade or two/ten and see what happens. Until then, lets all put on our smiley faces and work around the issue.

Thank you, that will be all..... We now return you to your previous programming... Same Bat time, same Bat channel......
                            Celia's Gourmet Foods

Comment

Adam Shotgun Thanks, I’ll adapt to the new system. I liked the Bat comments!

Comment

Working...
                              X