Posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting

There is no easy way to post a msg or pix. It is very frustrating and I have searched other threads for the secrets.
    AF 27-5L, Onan, auto level, lots of buttons.
    Ford F-350 diesel dually, Banks Big Hoss, lots of miles

The Ford-Trucks dot com site makes it real easy.
    BPofMD - Bud & Penny / Actively Retired Navy Vet
    2005 F250 6.0 - TorqLift Upper Overloads
    2007 Silver Fox 29-E 5th Wheel / Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Comment

Um you originated this msg so I take it your got that part.
      I post a pic my clicking on the upload attachments icon ( the icon on the far left of this pic )

1-upload.GIF
      This brings up two buttons on the bottom of the window I am typing in.
      1-upload2.GIF
      I click on where it says "Upload Attachments" and I browse my computer to find the file I wish to upload.
      Once I have the file or files uploaded I put the cursor in the text where I want the pic to be and click one of the options for size.
      1-upload3.GIF
      2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel
      2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,built in surge suppressor, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

I also am not able to load pictures. Need a training session?
        2012 Dodge Laramie, 2500 CTD, crew cab, Reese 16K Slider hitch

2019 Arctic Fox 27-5L, 320w solar system, Trimetric SC-2030 Solar Charge Controller, Trimetric 2030 Battery Monitor, Magnum 400 inverter, TST 507 tire monitor
        2015 Arctic Fox 25-Y sold

Comment

For help posting photos visit this thread.
          For help navigating the forum the software mfg provide this help guide.
          Adam
          2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
          07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
          07 AF31W Mod's
          Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

One thing that adds confusion is there is an issue with posting pictures taken in landscape mode with your iPhone. The software running this forum doesn't recognize the orientation the same way that Apple does. In fact, the way Apple does it is weird but sites like Facebook have figured it out.

I always have to edit my iPhone pictures to get them rotated correctly for this forum.

I don't blame this forum software - it's clearly an Apple problem - but it is something of which to be aware.

The other issue is there is a max size picture that can be uploaded - I think it's 2Mb. So I always have to spend time playing with my pics to upload - either resizing or editing to orient.

Bill

Picture without re-orienting it
            2019-07-10 07.03.53 (Medium).jpg
            Bill, Mary, and Scottie
            2015 RAM 3500 Crew Cab, Long Bed, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin, SRW, Hensley BD-3 Hitch
            2017 AF 27-5L
            http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/719790.png

Comment

... i'm still trying to find the instructions to Adam's house, for some of Donna's Christmas baking ......
              Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by BZawlocki View Post
                One thing that adds confusion is there is an issue with posting pictures taken in landscape mode with your iPhone. The software running this forum doesn't recognize the orientation the same way that Apple does. In fact, the way Apple does it is weird but sites like Facebook have figured it out.

I always have to edit my iPhone pictures to get them rotated correctly for this forum.

I don't blame this forum software - it's clearly an Apple problem - but it is something of which to be aware.

The other issue is there is a max size picture that can be uploaded - I think it's 2Mb. So I always have to spend time playing with my pics to upload - either resizing or editing to orient.
                Good point Bill
                I usually pull it into paint and resize to 25%.
                Can rotate at well if it is needed.
                2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel
                2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,built in surge suppressor, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post
                  ... i'm still trying to find the instructions to Adam's house, for some of Donna's Christmas baking ......
                  There is not a lot left, I have gotten smarter over the years and send ton's home with the family as they leave!
                  Adam
                  2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
                  07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
                  07 AF31W Mod's
                  Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

Thank ya'll for your help. I used a combination of Art and Adam's suggestions. It works and I need a lot more practice because it ain't easy.

The hole pix, top below, was the result of construction debris on US 412 just west of Paragould, AR. It was my very first trip to get the "feel" of my AF. The debris also got my windshield. Progressive was great, but they wanted to write it up so as to remove the outer skin, to include the door frame and door. The whole bottom section would be replaced. I didn't want to have that done because it may not have gone together exactly as it came out, especially the door frame. I looked at other options and decided to cover the hole with a marker light. Progressive was happy because I withdrew my claim. The wires were tied into the rear clearance light and it was successful. Looking at it again, I wish I had set it up to blink with the directional like the big trucks. hole.jpg
                    To match the marker light on the driver's side showed poor planning. I put it on the slide, exactly across from the hole covering light. but wiring the light to accommodate the slide was a challenge. I wired it off the hole cover light. I finally found 2 cigarette lighter cell phone chargers with coiled wires. I cut the ends off, replaced them with connectors, hooked up and opened and closed the slide several times. It worked, but will require frequent inspections.
                    drivers.jpg
                    The connection coils are shown below dangling a bit under the slide. They move with the coil wire to the slide motor. I'm using this pix to overcome some embarrassment at placing the marker on the slide.

coil wire.jpg
                    Attached Files

Comment

wow! Evidently I was more successful with Art and Adam's suggestions. I have plenty of picture now.

Comment

Great job making lemonade out of a bunch of lemons.
                        Ken and Rita Madsen
                        2018 GMC 3500 Duramax, 2016 27-5L

Comment

Working...
                        X