X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attempt to subscribe fails

I registered for the site recently.
    I paid the money to have full access.
    I go to a forum (Troubleshooting, for example)
    I click on "Subscribe"
    I get message: "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page (no_permission)"
    Happens on several forums.

Help!!

FYI.... I sent an email to Adam. He is out of town, or somewhere, and won't be available for about a week. So I posted here. Thanks!
    Last edited by Ltripreno; 02-02-2018, 04:53 PM. Reason: Adding information
    Larie
    Reno/Tahoe region
    2018 Arctic Fox 25Y, 2018 Ford F250 Lariat 4X4 Diesel Crew cab Standard box
    2014 BMW R1200 GS Adventure

I'm not the person that can help, but rest assured the person that can help will be available very soon.
    Neil and Marilyn and Beamer (feline)
    2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax 6.6L 4x4 Double Cab LB, 5th Spring, Ride Rite Air Bags, Tires: 275/75R18 125/122 3640 lb rated, 40 gal Transfer Flow Aux Tank.

2016 Arctic Fox 27-5L, Progressive EMS HW30C Surge Protector, TST 507 TPMS w/Color, Sailun Tires G rated, 2 Smart Tool 2000's, Disk Brakes.

Comment

This might help:

In the upper right corner, is the log on area.

Log out, then log in with your user name & password.

Make sure you check the 'Remember Me' box, or else the next time you try and use the forum, it will not remember your log on / subscription.

Then click the log in box.
      Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltripreno View Post
        I registered for the site recently.
        I paid the money to have full access.
        I go to a forum (Troubleshooting, for example)
        I click on "Subscribe"
        I get message: "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page (no_permission)"
        Happens on several forums.

Help!!

FYI.... I sent an email to Adam. He is out of town, or somewhere, and won't be available for about a week. So I posted here. Thanks!
        Larie,

I just went in and set you as a paid member, see if this fixes your problem.

Adam is on vacation and I just got back from 3 weeks working, sorry it took so long.

Shotgun....
        2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
        Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
        2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
        Celia's Gourmet Foods
        Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Infused Olive Oils

Comment

I logged out and back in as suggested above.
          I tried to subscribe after Shotgun did his thing.
          Subscribe still fails.

Next suggestion?
          Larie
          Reno/Tahoe region

Comment

Some more details after poking around a bit.
            - The system shows I am subscribed to 5 posts/threads, but subscribe to a forum fails.
            - I am NOT getting emails for the subscribed posts. I believe my settings are correct and I should get emails.

Perhaps an admin needs to delete me altogether and I start over again???

Cheers,
            Larie
            Reno/Tahoe region

Comment

Perhaps it is the new web software. When I subscribe, I rarely get the e-mail notifications...I just put it down to a bug in the system..
              2001 Freightliner FL60 Sport Chassis, 3126b, Pac-Brake, Air Cab, Brakes & Suspension, Ultra Shift, McCall 5th Hitch with Binkley Head
              2010 Northwood Arctic Fox 29-5T (Silver Fox Edition)
              DW- Carol
              DD - '93
              DS- '95
              Faffy & Lulu, our Beagle co-pilots

"Ka ka ka ka haina mbaraka"

Comment

Ian, I never get emails on posts subscribed to. What I do get is the indication of a new message at the top. It works for me.
                Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

Some more details after poking around a bit.
                  - The system shows I am subscribed to 5 posts/threads, but subscribe to a forum fails.
                  - I am NOT getting emails for the subscribed posts. I believe my settings are correct and I should get emails.

Perhaps an admin needs to delete me altogether and I start over again???

Cheers,
                  OK, so I have gone into the settings and I see that Adam has the "subscribe to forum" option turned off. The "subscribe to topic" is on and that is working for you. I will wait for Adam to get back and then bring this up, he is the one to make the decision as to permissions.

Email issue: I have the email turned off as we have had issues in the past with security vulnerabilities. The email will remain off for security purposes, and you can tell if anyone has replied to one of your subscribed topics by the message at the top of every page as Ian has mentioned. You must be logged in for this to work.
                  Celia's Gourmet Foods

Comment

Thanks all.
                    I did get email notification this morning for several posts. So that seems to work...at least today
                    Thanks again!!!!
                    oh...I pick up my 25Y tomorrow!!! Pretty excited!
                    Larie
                    Reno/Tahoe region

Comment

Thanks all. I did get email notification this morning for several posts. So that seems to work...at least today
                      I did an update on the software right after I posted my reply above. Maybe it did some changes to settings and permissions again, it has been known to happen in past updates.

Celia's Gourmet Foods

Comment

Originally posted by Rolland View Post
                        Ian, I never get emails on posts subscribed to. What I do get is the indication of a new message at the top. It works for me.
                        Thanks.. now I know why.
                        BTW, It is official. My DW gave her retirement letter in as of July 1...yeah !
                        2001 Freightliner FL60 Sport Chassis, 3126b, Pac-Brake, Air Cab, Brakes & Suspension, Ultra Shift, McCall 5th Hitch with Binkley Head
                        2010 Northwood Arctic Fox 29-5T (Silver Fox Edition)
                        DW- Carol
                        DD - '93
                        DS- '95
                        Faffy & Lulu, our Beagle co-pilots

"Ka ka ka ka haina mbaraka"

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post

Thanks.. now I know why.
                          BTW, It is official. My DW gave her retirement letter in as of July 1...yeah !
                          Tell her congrats. I just started month 3. Who sped up the clock and made days go by quicker
                          Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

Originally posted by Rolland View Post
                            Tell her congrats. I just started month 3. Who sped up the clock and made days go by quicker
                            I remember my Father or maybe Uncle telling me many years ago to enjoy my youth because the older you get, the faster time goes by. I think it was one of the things Einstein hypothesized while working as a patent clerk in his youth and then confirmed when he reached our age.
                            2001 F-350 V-10 4X4 CC 68,000 miles. Added Larger Transmission Cooler, Rear View Camera, ScanGauge II.
                            2018 Nash 26N. 540W Solar, 2nd Bathroom Medicine Cabinet, Progressive Industries EMS, Two Recliners,
                            2015 Nash 17K Previous

Let's Go Geocaching!

Comment

Update..... Yes, email notifications for thread subscriptions still works!
                              No, attempt to subscribe to a forum still fails. At least for me.
                              Cheers,
                              Larie
                              Reno/Tahoe region

Comment

Working...
                              X