This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help With Posting Pictures!

Tried to follow the directions posted in the sticky post but links don't open and I don't have a clue what the advanced ting is! I can only manage thumbnails when posting from the reply screen. Pictures are in my pictures file.
    Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
    2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires, Torque Lift Steps
    2017 RAM 2500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4x4, CTD, 8' Bed, Granite Crystal, new 7/1/17
    2018 Prius IV, new December 2018

Drag or pull your pictures to your desktop. Note the ID for the pictures. Proceed to writing your post. When finished click camera icon and upload. You will have to direct the upload to your desktop and then the photos by their ID number. Once selected they will upload, then choose to preview.

Post, and all should work out.

Comment

P.S. I failed to include you need to use a desktop computer as ipad and cells are different.

Comment

There is more then one procedure and they change regretabbly after some of the updates and as dkidd mentioned it also depends on what device you are using.

Here's one way to post a photo.

Windows Desk top instructions

-Click on new topic or reply or use quick reply

-Click the A in the upper right of your reply, this will open the tool bar

-Click on the photo icon(its right next to the link icon with a X in it)

-Click on the upload tab

-Click on the choose file button

-Now find the photo you want to display on your computer by clicking on it and then select open at the bottom of your pictures.

-Click on send it to server button

-Now you will be on image info page where you can add a description, choose the photo size, ect. To change the photo size just go to the bottom
        of the box and enter a number in the width. I usually use 800. The height will be done for you automatically.

-Finally click on ok to post the photo.

100_7567.JPG
        Adam
        2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
        07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
        07 AF31W Mod's
        Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

Thanks dkidd! It worked--did get an extra smaller picture in and didn't mean to post that big, but it is there in the tow vehicle topic under Woo! Woo! Got a New Truck! Adam, didn't see your post until after I was successful. Thanks for taking the time to post an answer.
          Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
          2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires, Torque Lift Steps
          2017 RAM 2500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4x4, CTD, 8' Bed, Granite Crystal, new 7/1/17
          2018 Prius IV, new December 2018

Comment

Yes using the Camera icon will normally get you two photos. You can click the edit button now and adjust the size and delete the extra photo.
            Adam
            2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
            07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
            07 AF31W Mod's
            Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

I have been using the way Adam described. After I send it to the server, I just hit OK to put the picture in the edit box. If the size is too big then I adjust the size using the sizing hot spot at the bottom right corner of the picture. Sometimes it ends up with some extra attachment pictures at the bottom so I tried the edit then delete like Adam described and it worked great. Here's one other trick. Usually you have the picture you want already displayed in Window's explorer. If you hold down the shift key, then right click the picture file name, you get a special menu that includes the option "Copy as Path". If you click that option then it copies the full file path and name to the clipboard and you can just paste it into the Choose File name field instead of hunting for it.
              Steve and Shelley. Minnesota
              2017 RAM 3500 LLH CC 4x4 LB DRW 6.7ctd Aisin 4.10 Air Level aka Shrek
              2018 AF 27-5L, HW50C ems, Maxxis Tires, TST 507, dual AC, tank heaters, Rear Camera, Toppers, 640w Solar, Victron MP 3000 Inverter, MPPT 150/85 solar charge controller, CCGX Color Monitor,BMV702 Battery Monitor
              , 440AH Lifeline AGM, aka Fiona

Comment

Here's Adam's procedure in picture form:

u1.JPG

u2.JPG

u3.JPG

u5.JPG

u6.JPG

Steve and Shelley. Minnesota
                2017 RAM 3500 LLH CC 4x4 LB DRW 6.7ctd Aisin 4.10 Air Level aka Shrek
                2018 AF 27-5L, HW50C ems, Maxxis Tires, TST 507, dual AC, tank heaters, Rear Camera, Toppers, 640w Solar, Victron MP 3000 Inverter, MPPT 150/85 solar charge controller, CCGX Color Monitor,BMV702 Battery Monitor
                , 440AH Lifeline AGM, aka Fiona

Comment

Working...
                X