Invalid argument message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid argument message

I'm seeing this message every once in a while.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in .../vb/library/node.php on line 2481

Anyone else see this? Seems to appear when I go into the Messages section.

Bill
    Bill, Mary, and Scottie
    2015 RAM 3500 Crew Cab, Long Bed, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin, SRW, Hensley BD-3 Hitch
    2017 AF 27-5L
    http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/719790.png

Just tried using the Messages link at the top of the page: no error message for me, no pending or history messages either (none expected).
    -- David

Purpose: www.davidmc.org
    Home: 2007 Arctic Fox 27E which dutifully follows a 2007 Dodge RAM 2500 to new neighborhoods.

Comment

I get the same message. Are you using an Apple device?
      Jim & Grace
      2011 2500HD 6.6L Duramax (SOLD)
      2016 AF 27-5L, Hensley BD-3 Hitch, 4 Point Leveling, Titan Disc Brakes (SOLD)
      2018 Audi Q5
      2008 Miniature Golden Doodle

We forget all too soon the things we thought we would never forget....

Comment

The message doesn't seem to affect anything. I can still read all the messages.
        Jim & Grace
        2018 Audi Q5

Comment

iPad 4 here and I get the same message, but ops normal on the Message Page.
          2015 AF 27-5L, 2016 F-250 Super Cab, 6.7 Diesel, SB, 4x4, Off Road and 10,000lb Payload Package,

Comment

Turn error reporting off in your browser...
            2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
            Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
            2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
            Celia's Gourmet Foods
            Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Infused Olive Oils

Comment

If there was an error on the page, shouldn't someone be fixing the error, not ignoring it? Please explain.
              *Ron & Deb Nielson
              2008 Silverado 2500HD CCLB SRW Duramax/Allison, B&W Companion, MaxLoader Springs, Bilstein 5100,
              2009 Silver Fox AF29-5T SteadyFast Stabilizer System

Comment

Originally posted by nielsorj View Post
                If there was an error on the page, shouldn't someone be fixing the error, not ignoring it? Please explain.
                Each browser, and each version of each browser has it's own quirks associated with it. Sometimes as this the error is a minor one that really causes no problems and is not an issue. Every upgrade of Vbulletin that is released might have an issue such as this. It is reported to the scriptwriters as a bug and they can try to fix it in the next version. Adam and I do not write the scripting, so we have to wait for VB to fix it. I am not going to go into the scripting (which is a bajillion amount of characters by the way) and try to find the problem as then I would be responsible for any security issue we might have. Security is the number 1 reason that we have to upgrade so often. The scriptwriters have discovered another possible security breach, find a fix for it and make it available to us the end user. Are they 100% perfect 100% of the time? Well I guess not, but VBulletin is widely used and one of the best forum platforms there is. We will live with it's little quirks here and there. As stated, just turn off error reporting in your browser and away that little line will go.
                2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
                Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
                2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
                Celia's Gourmet Foods
                Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Infused Olive Oils

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post
                  Turn error reporting off in your browser...
                  I don't see that option in Safari's settings, so I think I can just ignore the message and still be happy. :-)
                  Jim & Grace
                  2018 Audi Q5

Comment

Shotgun

Thanks for the explanation. I did a search for the error phrase and found several posting on the vbulletin website. Apparently they are aware of it and presumably working on it. Here is a link to one of them (for those of you who are techies): http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...ed-for-foreach
                    *Ron & Deb Nielson
                    2008 Silverado 2500HD CCLB SRW Duramax/Allison, B&W Companion, MaxLoader Springs, Bilstein 5100,
                    2009 Silver Fox AF29-5T SteadyFast Stabilizer System

Comment

Working...
                    X