Liking posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liking posts

I'm still trying to find my way around this forum using my iPad. One thing I don't see is where can "like" a post. In the lower right corner I see the quote option and the flag option. If someone else likes a post I see a counter but I can't see where I can click "like" on any posts. Am I not seeing something?

Thx

~ Shannon
    Bruce & Shannon
    Enumclaw Washington
    2017 Arctic Fox 27-5L
    2016 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD High Country Edition

Go down to the the thumbs up icon in the lower right of a posting and click on it - yes it would be nice if there were more (some) instructions on the basics..............
    Bill
    trackrig@gmail.com

2005 Ford 3/4T 4X4 long bed CC diesel w/134 gal tank in back
    2005 Fleetwood Excursion 39S motor home, Cat C7 w/ Allison towing a Jeep Wrangler - kept stateside in the southwest someplace
    2006 Nash 26X w/16" wheels and a pair of Honda 2000s - kept in Alaska

Comment

Next to the 'counter', do you see a 'thumbs up' symbol?

Click on the thumb to 'like' a post (you can't like your own post).
      Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

I don't see a thumbs up...that's what I was searching for. I'm using an iPad Air with iOS 10
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        Bruce & Shannon
        Enumclaw Washington
        2017 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Comment

Originally posted by Fox&Bear View Post
          I don't see a thumbs up...that's what I was searching for. I'm using an iPad Air with iOS 10
          On my iPhone 5s with iOS 10 there are 3 dots located at the bottom right-hand corner of the posts. Touching them creates a drop box with Quote, Flag, and Like options.

Comment

Hmmm...no "..." either. I tried posting a screen grab but am not sure it posted properly. On most posts in a thread I see a quote icon and a flag icon. On my own posts I also see a pencil(edit) icon.
            Bruce & Shannon
            Enumclaw Washington
            2017 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Comment

This is what I see in Firefox, Windows 10; look at lower right of screen capture below. I don't think many members are using the like feature.
              Like button.jpg
              Edit, looks like you need to click on photo to enlarge now, did something change with the recent upgrade?
              Last edited by RCKIN; 10-21-2016, 05:48 AM. Reason: Photo came out small and need to click to enlarge.
              2016 Ram 3500 Longhorn: 4X4, Crew Cab, LB, DRW, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin, 3.73, Auto Level Rear Air Suspension, Reese 20k Elite Hitch, Amp Bedstep 2, Aero 70 Gal Underbed Fuel Tank
              2016 AF 27-5L: 10 Cu Ft Fridge, Thomas Payne Sofa w/air Mattress,15K AC, 2" Receiver, Victron Multiplus 3000 inverter with CCGX Color Control panel, BMV 712 Battery Monitor and Smart Solar MPPT 100|50 controller with 610W of Solar

Comment

I am using my IPad with iOS 10 as well. I can't "like" posts, either.
                Laura and Alan
                2016 GMC 3500 Diesel, Andersen Ultimate Hitch II
                2017 27-5L picked up 10/24/2016. Loving it !
                Lily - an old, lovable Shih Tzu

Comment

No thumbs up icon to be found using either Chrome or Safari browser on my iPad. I even tried tapping in the area to see if the icon was just invisible. I'll check on my laptop later. I'm guessing I'll see it there.

~ Shannon
                  Bruce & Shannon
                  Enumclaw Washington
                  2017 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Comment

The answer is, some functions only work if you are a paid subscriber. If you are not, then you can not do all the things this site has to offer. To check your membership status get a hold of Adam.
                    2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
                    Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
                    2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
                    Celia's Gourmet Foods
                    Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Infused Olive Oils

Comment

Screen Shot 2016-10-21 at 9.09.42 AM.png This is a screen shot of my MacBook using Safari and Google.

Comment

This issue has nothing to do with browsers, it has everything to do with your membership status. I see both members that can not see the like button have recently joined the forum and the members that can see it are paid members. You newer members are on a free initiation basis and the "like" component is only available to paid members. You can upgrade your membership at any time, just get a hold of Adam.
                        2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
                        Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
                        2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
                        Celia's Gourmet Foods
                        Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Infused Olive Oils

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post
                          This issue has nothing to do with browsers, it has everything to do with your membership status. I see both members that can not see the like button have recently joined the forum and the members that can see it are paid members. You newer members are on a free initiation basis and the "like" component is only available to paid members. You can upgrade your membership at any time, just get a hold of Adam.
                          That's an interesting thing to restrict. But Bruce and I have no issue with becoming paid members because we can already see the value of this forum. Thanks!
                          Bruce & Shannon
                          Enumclaw Washington
                          2017 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Comment

Its not something we did it just how the defaults are set up. Its a feature the software writers add in one the past updates. I suppose its something they coped from Facebook and not being a Facebook user I never considered it important to the function of the forum. If I ever found the time to look for it I would be more inclined to remove it entirely.
                            Adam
                            2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
                            07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
                            07 AF31W Mod's
                            Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

Working...
                            X