May have found a reason for not getting notifications of new posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May have found a reason for not getting notifications of new posts

I have not been getting notifications of new post in topics I am subscribed to. I thought maybe it was just that all the setup was not finalized here yet, but that turned out to be wrong. The notifications are being sent but are being flagged as spam by both Charter and Gmail. Here is a quote from Gmail as to why:

"Why is this message in Spam? It's from an address in the yahoo.com domain but has failed Yahoo.com's required tests for authentication."

So it seems to be saying that the notifications are being sent out having been flagged as spam. So when Charter or Gmail gets the notification emails, because of this spam tag, they go straight to the spam folder. Know of any way to fix that?
    2021 Ram 6.7L 68RFE 3500 4X4 CCSB | ARE MX Cap | Replacing: 2001 F-350 V-10 4X4 CC 80K.
    2018 Nash 26N. Rear View Camera, 900W Solar, 2nd Bathroom Medicine Cabinet,
    Progressive Industries EMS, Two Recliners and Kitchen Counter Wall,
    2015 Nash 17K Previous

They come through to my Gmail account. Did you add the address in your contacts or white list?
    2015 F250 CC SWB 4x4 6.2L
    2013 Nash 23B
    2012: 31 nights; 2013: 16; 2014: 26; 2015: 25

Comment

I also am not getting email notifications. The notifications show up in the message center where they are not very useful because I am already on the site when I (sometimes) see them. I just checked my Gmail spam box and they are not there. I seem to recall, but am not sure, that the mail was just rejected by Gmail and never made it even to the spam folder. There must be some setting I can't find to activate the subscription email notification.

The problem with Yahoo was discussed several years ago and fixed, at that time, by not using Yahoo to send messages. Maybe the new software has brought back that problem.
      2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
      2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
      2018 Arctic Fox 29L; Traded in
      *2001 Arctic Fox 29V; Sold
      South Lake Tahoe, CA

Comment

Originally posted by marcham View Post
        They come through to my Gmail account. Did you add the address in your contacts or white list?
        Did you activate something on this site for this to happen?
        2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
        South Lake Tahoe, CA

Comment

Good info... Just found all my notifications in the spam folder for gmail. Marked them as not spam and we'll see if the next one comes through normally.

For others looking... I never use gmail in the web browser, but that's where the spam folder is. I had to log into gmail from the web browser to find the spam, select all and label it as not spam. Otherwise my mail always comes into Apple's Mail program and if Google has already labelled something as spam, it doesn't make it to Apple Mail or Apple Mail's junk folder. Anyone else using a stand alone mail program may also need to go directly to gmail to see their spam. Generally, if you label a sender's email as not spam, the next email should come through without being flagged.
          Henry
          2014 Arctic Fox 22G
          2015 Silverado 1500 NHT, Blue Ox Sway Pro(2014); Equal-i-zer(2006-14)

Comment

I also rarely go direct to Gmail and everything is downloaded automatically to Outlook. I went to the Gmail site and found no notifications in the spam folder. Since you, and others have, I suspect that there is something I need to do here to generate the email notifications.

I wonder if the message notifications that I do get are in place of the email notifications. I will turn them off and see what happens. So those of you getting email also get messages on the site?
            2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
            South Lake Tahoe, CA

Comment

Email notifications can be configured in your account settings. We have no way to control what your Gmail inbox settings for spam are. That, it sounds like, has been figured out above?

I do not use Gmail, and I get all (in fact to many) email notifications with no problems.
              2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
              Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
              2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
              Celia's Gourmet Foods
              Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Infused Olive Oils

Comment

I used to get all the notifications in gmail, now nothing after the change on NROA. Has the sending email address of the notifications changed since a few months ago?
                *Ron & Deb Nielson
                2008 Silverado 2500HD CCLB SRW Duramax/Allison, B&W Companion, MaxLoader Springs, Bilstein 5100,
                2009 Silver Fox AF29-5T SteadyFast Stabilizer System

Comment

Originally posted by nielsorj View Post
                  I used to get all the notifications in gmail, now nothing after the change on NROA. Has the sending email address of the notifications changed since a few months ago?

Check your email notification setting in your "user settings" under the "notifications" tab. If that is set to on, then check your email address in your account settings. Then check your spam folder and settings in your gmail account... The system is turned on for the site, and it works fine. Any problems people are having with gmail are either their personal settings here, or with their gmail account itself.

The sending email address is nroa2003@yahoo.com I believe Adam has had it set that way for quite some time.
                  Celia's Gourmet Foods

Comment

Shotgun,

I remember we had this problem about a year ago. It comes from changes to Yahoo or maybe Gmail to fight spam. It seems to come about when email with a yahoo.com address are sent from a server that is not Yahoo. Gmail and some other services reject the email. Here is a reference:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN24016.html

I think you fixed it by changing the address on the messages sent. Without this fix, I get nothing from the site, including the notification to pay the fee for access to the site.

Maybe you can do what you did before so we all can get messages.

Thanks.

Edit: I searched for the earlier thread about this but it did not come up.
                    2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
                    South Lake Tahoe, CA

Comment

You know now that you mentioned this, I remember doing this fix a long time ago. I just changed the sent from email address, let's see if this fixes this for everyone...
                      Celia's Gourmet Foods

Comment

The sending email address should now be info@nroa2003.net. Can someone verify this for me???
                        Celia's Gourmet Foods

Comment

I just got my first email notification since the site was updated. Thanks for fixing this and all the work you do to make this site work.
                          2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
                          South Lake Tahoe, CA

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzer10 View Post
                            I just got my first email notification since the site was updated. Thanks for fixing this and all the work you do to make this site work.
                            Awesome!!! Thank you everyone for having patience with me, and your help in fixing it!!!
                            Celia's Gourmet Foods

Comment

I had been getting my moderator messages, then they stopped a few days ago. Reappeared today. Thanks!
                              Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
                              2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires, Torque Lift Steps
                              2017 RAM 2500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4x4, CTD, 8' Bed, Granite Crystal, new 7/1/17
                              2018 Prius IV, new December 2018

Comment

Working...
                              X