This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to up load photos to the site

I need some help to upload pictures. I get this message: "Upload of file failed.". The .jpg file I tried was 16kilobytes.

Thanks!

Bob
    Bob and Nancy
    ======
    Proud former owners of a 2011 Arctic Fox 25R (2010-2013) and an Arctic Fox 22G from (2001-2010). Current happy owners of Northwood cross-town cousin.
    ---------
    2010 Dodge 3500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB, Cummins, 4X4, Snugtop, 1,200#/12,000# Equal-i-zer.
    Retired: "Twice the husband, half the money"

Originally posted by rncordy View Post
    I need some help to upload pictures. I get this message: "Upload of file failed.". The .jpg file I tried was 16kilobytes.

Thanks!

Bob
    Hi Bob, moved your post as you attached it to one that was 3 years old and things have changed.
    I was just going to post this link
    http://www.afnash.com/faq.php?s=&do=...xt=1&match=all
    but I see I can not also upload a photo....so I will try to look into it. Since the server move I have been getting a few notification that a few things do not work as before.

Each time I try to upload from my computer I get this error message "Could not create file system directory to hold your attachment."
    Adam
    2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
    07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
    07 AF31W Mod's
    Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

Adam
      07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
      07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Adam
        07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Well it looks like I can post a picture from Photo Bucket by just clicking on the IMG code and pasting that code into the body of the post but can not upload one from my computer....looking in the control panel but so far not finding the section that controls this.
          Adam
          07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Found the following specs for posting photos

Filetype Max File-size Max Width Max Height
            bmp 19.5 KB 620 280
            gif 78.1 KB 1000 1000
            jpeg 97.7 KB 800 800
            jpg 97.7 KB - -
            pdf 19.07 MB - -

Well found the section that controls the uploading of your avatar and signature pictures but still not the section for the forum...would it be to much to ask they all be in the same place!
            Adam
            07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Well still not finding anything so beginning to think its something in the server control panel not the sites control panel. I will shoot off an email to shotgun.
              Adam
              07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Thanks Adam for your diligent research! No rush on my account please. I don't think there are many of our members who anxiously await my photo uploads!

I'm just glad the problem is not me, this time...

Bob
                Bob and Nancy
                ======
                Proud former owners of a 2011 Arctic Fox 25R (2010-2013) and an Arctic Fox 22G from (2001-2010). Current happy owners of Northwood cross-town cousin.
                ---------
                2010 Dodge 3500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB, Cummins, 4X4, Snugtop, 1,200#/12,000# Equal-i-zer.

Comment

No problem I like to try and fix something myself before I bother Shotgun. I just got a reply from him

It is probably a folder permission problem on the server. Will look when i have a chance
                  I went into the server control panel but did not see anything I should touch.... I am sure that line just scared Shotgun....

I also read a post by Mud on the tires that they also were having problems uploading photos.
                  Adam
                  07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Problem Solved..... Just click on the "insert image" above and select the image from your computer or url location. then just hit the "upload image" if choosing an image from your computer, OR "OK" if from a different url. Easy peasy!!!!!!

LOGOhandcrafted.jpg
                    2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
                    Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
                    2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
                    Celia's Gourmet Foods
                    Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Infused Olive Oils

Comment

DSCF0015.jpg
                      2003 Rally

Thanks Shotgun!
                      Adam
                      07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                        Thanks Shotgun!
                        No problem!!!!!!!!
                        Celia's Gourmet Foods

Comment

Ok Shotgun, let's give it a try with a picture of the quarters for guests at our Idaho home.

St. David's-2 .jpg

Hooray, it worked!!

Thanks Adam and Shotgun for your prompt and successful problem solving!

Now I can regale all my forum fans with my wonderful adventure photos.

Bob
                          Bob and Nancy
                          ======
                          ---------

Comment

Ok Shotgun, let's give it a try with a picture of the quarters for guests at our Idaho home.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1513[/ATTACH]

How do we make reservations?
                            Celia's Gourmet Foods

Comment

Now I can regale all my forum fans with my wonderful adventure photos.
                              Popcorn anyone???
                              Celia's Gourmet Foods

Comment

Working...
                              X