Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rolland View Post

What, no Crypto option…….
    Rolland, you and Judie should attend if possible. It's a nice show and the evenings with the group de jour are easygoing with good company and conversations. Plus the homestead gardens can use a break from your grooming.
    Randy & Connie
    Walnut Creek, CA
    2016 6.7L Ford F-350 SRW, EEZ TPMS
    2016 27-5L, 5.5kW Gen, 600W Solar, 400Ah Lithium, Hybrid 3kW Inverter, plus a few other Mods.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy&Connie View Post

Rolland, you and Judie should attend if possible. It's a nice show and the evenings with the group de jour are easygoing with good company and conversations. Plus the homestead gardens can use a break from your grooming.
      X2
      Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Thanks Randy and Dave. Not sure if a trip down their will be in the cards for 2022 or not. We have our eyes on a trip to Norway in August and have committed to it if the Covid world tames down a bit.
        Rolland & Judie, 1 Sheltie, Brinkley

2013 GMC Yukon Denali, 6.2 liter, no mods

2021 19 Other Brand Travel Trailer

Comment

How is the Verizon signal in the area where you guys camp? If we make it down that way I will likely need to get some work done....

-Kyle
          2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
          • 4 pt Auto Level / 15k Single AC / 50 Amp (no Gen)
          • 3xFantastic Fans / 3xFantastic Covers
          • Sofa with Air Bed / Dinette / Slow Rise Shades
          • Factory 2" Receiver hitch
          • MODS
            • 395W Solar / Rear Camera / TPS / Flagpole Buddy / BMV-712 / Fridge Defend
          2020 Chevy 3500 Dually LTZ

Comment

Originally posted by Chakara View Post
            How is the Verizon signal in the area where you guys camp? If we make it down that way I will likely need to get some work done.... -Kyle
            We have AT&T and have always had a good cellular signal in camp (no external antenna).

I looked up Verizon Cell Sites and the nearest tower is approximately 7 air miles between the tower and camp on Plomosa Road. That's in very flat topography.

The distance between camp and Quartzsite is also approximately 7 air miles away.

You should be able to get a signal at 30+ miles.

Click image for larger version  Name:	qqq.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.5 KB ID:	314147

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

We've got Verizon and get a good signal there. Calls are no problem however we have noticed in snowbird areas the internet speed is sometimes very slow due to the high seasonal volume. On rare occasion a call will be dropped but only during peak hours.
              Ken and Rita Madsen
              2018 GMC 3500 Duramax, 2016 27-5L

Comment

Hey Dave, Karen and I are planning to go but not for the whole time you’ll be there. Is it better to be there in the middle of the show dates, or towards the beginning or end. Or does it really matter.
                Mark,
                Roseville, Ca

2009 AF 990 camper, 2.5 Onan, 200w solar,
                1500w inverter, Camco cat heater,
                2007 Chevy 3500 Classic LBZ, Aero Tank-62 gal.
                Bilstein 24 shocks, Torklift StableLoad.TorkLift Tie Downs.
                Hellwig Big Wig Sway Bar, Edge CTS-2 Evo.
                Tire-Safeguard TPMS
                Reese Class V hitch, Front hitch.

Comment

Originally posted by rtbmrgl View Post
                  Hey Dave, Karen and I are planning to go but not for the whole time you’ll be there. Is it better to be there in the middle of the show dates, or towards the beginning or end. Or does it really matter.
                  Doesn't really matter.....

The vendors both inside the main tent and outside tend to be there the entire run. Lots of 'state fair type food' is always available.

Most of the larger vendors (Suburban, Ford, Progressive, Dometic, Norcold, etc) give away "SWAG" all during the show each day, including hats, pens, travel mugs, etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X