Quartzsite 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quartzsite 2022

The annual Quartzsite Vacation & RV Show will be January 22nd - 30th, 2022. https://www.quartzsitervshow.com/attendee-info

As in years past, Donna & I are planning on attending the show, under the 'big-top'. We're also looking forward camping with other NROA members, guests and whomever else shows up - all are welcome.

The camping is on open BLM land. No hook-ups, but a full-service fresh water / LP / dump station is located just a couple of miles from camp for a nominal fee: https://rvpitstop.com/, Fuel, markets, restaurants, etc. area few minutes away, in town if needed.

For those who haven't camped near Quartzsite in the past, here's the camping location members have used for several years: GPS: 33 45.917 -114 10.827 (Highway 95 eleven miles north of Quartzsite off of Plomosa Road). Daytime temperatures are in the 70's (rain is rare) and nights are cool.

In addition to the RV Show, there's area hiking, exploring nearby towns, nightly campfire get-togethers, etc.... best of all, the RV Show / camping is all FREE.

Donna & I will arrive on Jan 21st and depart for Benson on Jan 25th.

Anyone else planning attending?

Prior Quartzsite photos:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_11888.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.7 KB ID:	313394 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_12220.jpg Views:	0 Size:	11.9 KB ID:	313389 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_12219.jpg Views:	0 Size:	18.0 KB ID:	313393 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_12223.jpg Views:	0 Size:	12.9 KB ID:	313390 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_11879.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.9 KB ID:	313391 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_11878.jpg Views:	0 Size:	14.8 KB ID:	313392
    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

We are planning to be there for at least a few of the days.
    Randy & Connie
    Walnut Creek, CA
    2016 6.7L Ford F-350 SRW, EEZ TPMS
    2016 27-5L, 5.5kW Gen, 600W Solar, 400Ah Lithium, Hybrid 3kW Inverter, plus a few other Mods.

Comment

I’d like to go but probably can’t stay the whole week. I haven’t been to one of these before. Can we drive there and setup on Friday the 21st? I am actually pretty close, living in San Diego. Will have to get permission from the Mrs Boss. I’ll update you in the upcoming weeks.
      Terry Haynes
      USAF Retiree. 2018 29-5T, Disc Brakes, Slipper Springs, SoftStart, RV Airflow,12v EverChill frig, Pantry & basement slides, slide toppers, Drain Master, LevelMatePRO, 2 A/Cs & fireplace on thermostats, SeeLevel II, TorkLift Steps, 3.8KW Gen, 4 BB Batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Clr Ctrl GX & 712 Battery Monitor, Clear Source Ultra Water Filter in basement
      2019 RAM 3500 CTD SRW LB Longhorn, B&W hitch, BAK Flip X4 Cover, TST w/ truck and RV spare tire monitors, 4 camera Haloview

Comment

Originally posted by IRN83 View Post
        I’d like to go but probably can’t stay the whole week. I haven’t been to one of these before. Can we drive there and setup on Friday the 21st? I am actually pretty close, living in San Diego. Will have to get permission from the Mrs Boss. I’ll update you in the upcoming weeks.
        Campers come & go before, during and after the show. Many stay the entire winter (snow-birds).

Some campers stay in groups, some all by themselves. The free BLM land is huge (+/- 100sq miles). Only 'unwritten' rule is with all the open available space, no need to park right next to a stranger, like at a small RV park.

Before our 1st time there, I thought it was going to be a 'hippie free-for-all'. Not true: Campers are spaced out and most are in high-end RV's and fancy motor homes. Very quiet at night and the stars are fantastic in the dark desert sky.

We'll be arriving on the 21st for four nights. There will probably be members there before the 21st.

Click image for larger version  Name:	index.jpg Views:	0 Size:	17.0 KB ID:	313415 Click image for larger version  Name:	kjb.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.9 KB ID:	313416

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Dave, after talking to you and Donna at the rally Deb and I were planning on attending but health issues will probably keep us home. The rally was our only time out this year.
          2013 Ram 3500 Dually, Aisen, 3.73 gears. 190,000 miles.

2021 32-5M. 1200 watts solar, 400 AH LiFePo4, Smart Shunt, MultuPlus 3000, Solar Charge Controller, Microair Easystart both ACs, EMS, Cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by gschlegel View Post
            Dave, after talking to you and Donna at the rally Deb and I were planning on attending but health issues will probably keep us home. The rally was our only time out this year.
            Health concerns take priority --- if you can swing it, would love to visit again.

Comment

I'm hoping to attend. It will be my shakedown trip after installing the new solar power gear.
              1998 USAF retiree
              2020/21 Arctic Fox 32-5M
              2020 Chevrolet 3500HD - Diesel, 4x4, DRW, Transfer Flow 50 gal. aux tank, B&W Companion

Comment

I'm planning on being at FT Huachuca 15 Jan for a month. I may be able to run up to Quartzite for a couple days and not lose my space.
                I don’t always go the extra mile, but when I do it’s because I missed my exit.

2021 AF32-5m, 50 AMP, 5.5 Onan, 6 p auto level, Tire Tracker, bike rack, rear mount camera, 2nd 13.5k A/C, Slide Toppers, Fireplace, power reel, basement slide, Progressive hanging on pedestal
                2020 Ram Long Horn LB diesel dually,60 gal aux, Curt 20K hitch

Comment

Originally posted by MikeZ View Post
                  I'm hoping to attend. It will be my shakedown trip after installing the new solar power gear.
                  Perfect location for that + if you need advice / parts, the RV Show has many solar vendors.

Comment

We will arrive on the 20th and depart on the 26th.
                    Looking forward to seeing everyone.
                    This year there were only two of us AF people there!!

Housted
                    2015 RAM 3500 Laramie 6.7L CTD Tow Rig, Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel hitch.
                    2011 Arctic Fox 29-5T 2010 Arctic Fox 29-5T on permanent site in the mountains - RIP 2006 AF 29V
                    Interests: White water Kayaking,Photography, Shooting,Reloading
                    Avatar:Eastern Sierra along US395

Comment

Originally posted by Housted View Post
                      We will arrive on the 20th and depart on the 26th.
                      Looking forward to seeing everyone.
                      This year there were only two of us AF people there!!

Housted
                      Sorry... we were on our every-other-year cross country Florida trip in January...... Donna waved & I honked the horn as we passed on I-10 .

Comment

We are planning to stop for a couple of nights on our way to So Carlsbad State Beach, should be there around the 21st and will leave for CA on the 23rd. Look forward to seeing everyone.
                        Jerry, Kathie, &
                        Bo, one giant Lab
                        2019 AF27-5
                        2017 Nash 24M (Sold)
                        2016 F250, 4X4, 6.7L
                        Added 2 leaf springs each side
                        50 gal Titan Fuel Tank
                        Pressure Pro TPMS
                        blog: 7rwanderers.wordpress.com

Comment

We aren’t committed to dates yet but we are planning on coming up for a few days.
                          Ken and Rita Madsen
                          2018 GMC 3500 Duramax, 2016 27-5L

Comment

Folks looking for Winter fun might look into Winter Blast in Lake Havasu City Feb 16-20, 2022. It is 3-4 nights of the latest- greatest Fireworks by the fireworks manufacturers to show off their new wares. Not a Dog friendly event. They have a web-site. We'll be there with our SaddleBrooke RV Club.
                            2013 Arctic Fox 29-5T. 2016 F-350 6.7 PowerStroke Super Cab Lariat SRW Curt 20K

Comment

I plan to attend and staying for the entire event. See you all there.

Comment

Working...
                              X