X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam's 2021 NROA Rally - La Grande, Oregon

2021 RALLY DATES = TUESDAY JUNE 22 - SUNDAY JUNE 27TH

Covid 19 notice - I am sure it will still be with us at rally time so the number of attendees will be limited to the first 46 members who sign up. Once the rally has filled up, the RV park is in charge of starting a waiting list, as each year there are some cancellations. If you are interested in being on the waiting list give them a call. (541) 963-5253. If there is an opening they will call in order of the waiting list. If you do not answer they will hang up and call the next person on the list. No message will be left. I know this sounds harsh but is does not work out to leave messages. If you are bypassed due to not answering then your name will go to the top of the list in the order of called but not answered for the next opening that comes about.

Rally is full. See you next year!

We will be following all state/local mandated guide lines that are recommended/required during the rally. So that means if masks and social distancing requirement are still in place we will be following them. If that is a problem or you have covid concerns then please wait another year before attending.

This will not be a gathering like in past years, it will most likely be very limited in what functions are offered. There will be no involvement from the factory period and no factory tours. Also no showing up at the factory for any reason unless you have made an appointment with them.

So if you sign up figure it to be more of a gathering of other Northwood owner in the same park and anything that can be offered with what ever restrictions in place during that period of time a bonus!

Well its time for the annual NROA rally! Open on a first come first serve format to all supporting paid members of this site. If you are not a site supporter you will need to be come one to be eligible to attend my NROA rally. I put this annual rally on as a thank you for supporting the site. Each member will need to contact the park to reserve their own site themselves. No multiple site reserving by the same member will be allowed.

The date for the rally is always the same - rally is first Tuesday following Fathers Day and ends on Sunday

We will be gathering at
    Grande Hot Springs Resort

Below is the process to sign up for this years rally. Reservations for your site at the park will need to be sent as a direct email, as the online booking system will be blocked to prevent over-booking.
    You can call them as well
    Their contact # (541) 963-5253 Contact them directly to make arrangement for a site. When you make your reservations make sure you tell them you are with the "Northwood Rv Owners Association" and are attending the 2021 rally. AARP, AAA or Good Sam discounts maybe available so if you are a member make sure you mention it. There is space for 49 units and it's a first come first serve so get your forms into me early.

After you gotten your site send me an email to nroa2003@yahoo.com and I will attach the rally sign up form to my reply.

Please read below so very important!

The park will hold your spot for 30 day but if I do not have your form with rally payment included in my hand within that time period the site reservation will be cancelled and available for the next person who calls. So make sure once your get that site reserved you get that sign up form to me along with the check to cover the rally fee. If you do not have one then email me and I will attach it to my reply.
    I will also email you a confirmation once I receive your form in the mail so you know.

Directions to the RV park from La Grande:
    Exit #265 off of highway 84 by flying J station
    At the stop sign at the bottom of the exit ramp turn right(south) onto 203 for 5-7 miles. RV Park is on right down short 1/4 mile gravel road.

Come enjoy meeting new people and reconnecting with past friends.
    This will not be a gathering like in past years, it will most likely be very limited in what functions are offered. There will be no involvement from the factory period and no factory tours. Also no showing up at the factory for any reason unless you have made an appointment with them.
    Activities will depend on what is possible depending on where the area is on the Covid 19 situation at the time of the rally.

Early bird Activities for Monday.

Monday – 21st

Pre-Rally dinner @ Bud Jackson Eatery For those who signed up via the rally form.
    You can view the menu online by clicking HERE.
    5:00pm to 6:00 pm staggered arrival so we do not overwhelm the kitchen.
    Contact/Address info = 2209 Adams Ave, La
    Grande, OR 97850
    541-962-7858

Tuesday – 22nd : Arrival day

1:00pm - Bingo -
    - All markers have been pre-sanitized and will be handed out by volunteers, as well as bingo sheets
    - Weather allowing will hold bingo outside - set up tables for two with 6' spacing
    - Winners will be allowed to approach the prize table but only touch the item you are taking.

- Gonzo Golf - This will be a family friendly event involving a golf club and a tennis ball(they will be provided for you). Not a real tournament, but play at your leisure until Friday afternoon. Even at 2am... Fighting on the course will cost you.... T's and Holes will be marked (sort of). Most holes will be 6-9" diameter and flagged... Score cards are in the Eagles nest gathering building next to the Gonzo Golf coffee can.(you will need to bring your own pencil) Put your best score in the coffee can in the Eagles nest marked Gonzo Golf by Noon on Friday as Tom will be announcing the winner Friday eve at the social gathering.

4:30pm - Welcome gathering - Rally Overview & Introductions in the Eagles Nest - First off I will be giving you all info about what's going on during the week and answering any questions you may have. Then we will all introduce ourselves. Show up wearing your name tags!

8:00pm- Campfire (Weather permitting)

Wednesday – 23rd

10:00am - Leather work class - Basic intro into leather works - Learn the the fundamental skills you need to start working with leather by making a simple, useful key fob or a wrist band (limited number of each at each class)! In this class you’ll be introduced to a basic range of leatherworking techniques, tools and materials and then shown how to apply them to a design. Working with leather, we'll start from the basics and use our skills to create something you can use everyday. We’ll also learn about the different types of leather, and how to shop for what you need. By the end of this class you’ll have all the beginning skills and info you need to start creating your own beautiful leatherwork. Each class will have enough material for 10 - 15 hands on participation

1:30pm - Ice Cream Social - While practicing social distancing line up behind the Eagle Nest with mask on. There will be Ice Cream (limited sugar free vanilla as well) with some toppings to have a great sundae made for you. Come and enjoy some great time together! Bowls, napkins & Silverware are provided

2:30pm - White Elephant gift exchange (location at park to be announced) This activity has become quite popular/lengthy so one gift per RV site, no exceptions. I will place a sign up sheet during the Tuesday greeting to know how to arrange seating based on attendance. - Instead of each person getting up and choosing a gift off the table. The member will choose from their seat and a volunteer wearing the proper ppe will bring the gift to the member and open it for them. Placing it on the table where it is to remain untouched until the game is over. When a gift is stolen it will be moved to the new owner by the volunteer where it is to remain untouched until the game is over.

You give a wrapped gift and you receive one. The most fun ones are those where people are getting rid of something they don't want or use (new or in good shape is preferable) or an unwanted Christmas present. If purchasing something for this please keep the gifts worth to under $10.00. Could be a vase, knickknack, cd's, Tire pump, Purple Pig, Arctic Fox fix-it-kit, anything like that.

6:30pm Movie night - Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl PG-13

Popcorn will be provided but you will need to bring your own beverage

Thursday - 24th

10:00am – Solar 101 - Discussion of the elements of a Solar system after some basic facts are presented. Covering Batteries, solar panels, Solar controller, Inverters & monitoring the system.

1:00pm - Celia's Gourmet Foods - Balsamic/evoo demo

2:30 - MORryde presentation. Make sure you wear your MORryde tee shirt to show support to this rep who flew across the country to be here for us.

Friday – 25th

9:00am -SkyMed has been serving the traveling public since 1989. A membership company specializing in 18 emergency travel services, we have organized air evacuations literally all over the world under almost every kind of circumstance. If a member sustains a critical illness or injury while traveling in one of the 32 countries that make up the SkyMed UNIVERSE, they will be repatriated back to their home hospital of choice. As well as making arrangement to get your truck and RV back home for you.
    Bruce & Pauline Pokallus
    cell: 503-577-3616
    cell: 503- 577-3613
    email: bpskymed@aol.com
    facebook: brucenandpaulinepokallusskymedtakesyouhome

10:30am - Leather works - Basic intro into leather works - Learn the the fundamental skills you need to start working with leather by making a simple, useful key fob or a wrist band (limited number of each at each class)! In this class you’ll be introduced to a basic range of leatherworking techniques, tools and materials and then shown how to apply them to a design. Working with leather, we'll start from the basics and use our skills to create something you can use everyday. We’ll also learn about the different types of leather, and how to shop for what you need. By the end of this class you’ll have all the beginning skills and info you need to start creating your own beautiful leatherwork. Each class will have enough material for 10 - 15 hands on participation

1:00pm Taylor Spike(west coast supervisor) from Lippert will be doing a talk on Power gears and Schwintek slide out systems covering the topics of Maintenance, Trouble shooting and Manual operation.

3:00pm -
    Rock painting - Intro and advanced rock painting class by Beadmaker (Betty). For those of you who see painted rocks around but have no clue how to do it, or are a professional yourself, this class is for you! Come have fun and be creative. Young and old, all are invited. Examples

7:00pm - Social Gathering will be at The Lodge at Hot Lake Springs

Saturday – 26th

9:00am - 11:00am Ladies Social Gathering and Crafts in the Eagles Nest. Everyone’s welcome. Please come on over and see what's going on. Bring your own project, sewing machines, crochet hooks or any other things you might want to work with during this time or just come by to chat as this is more about socializing and connecting then any thing else. Besides the more the merrier!

10:00am - Trailer Backing Challenge

11:45am - Group photo - Everyone wear your rally shirts

12:00 noon - BBQ picnic Provided. Chicken, BBQ ribs, Salads provided as well as plates and silverware. YOU just need to bring your favorite beverage.

1:00pm - Raffle drawing

8:00pm- Campfire (Weather permitting) Let all get together around the final nights campfire and share our last night together.

Sunday – 27th

Clean up and depart - Please all that can, pitch in and help us clean up the rally building. Also take down the county's red/white big top also the white 10x20 needs to be taken down and placed into the box.
    The one white canopy that is attached to the building stay up as they will be taken down by the rental company.

Rally sign ups that I have received(To see how many sites are left contact the park) - The format is Username - State - Unit - Site#

1. Adam OR 07 AF31W Site #8
    2. Housted CA 11 AF295T Site #3
    3. Mardave OR 11 AF27TSFE Site #40

4. Airopsjim OR 06 AF26X Site #49

5. Rocklindave CA 16 AF29-5T Site #61
    6. FuManQue CA 15 AF35-5Z Site #4
    7. Davegonfishn CA 12 N23D Site #44
    8. KevinC WA 14 AF29-5K Site #35
    9. Tcwoody WA 06 AF990 Site #36
    10. Roger246RKS OR 16 SR246RKS Site #15
    11. RickB OR 17 AF27-5L Site #77
    12. DynoDave ID 13 AF990 Site #16
    13. Dthane CA 19 AF27-5L Site #76
    14. NuAF0916 NY 20 AF28-5C Site #48
    15. Gschlegel NE 20 AF32-5M Site #62
    16. Happy Trails AZ 16 AF25W Site #63
    17. MikeZ OH 20 AF32-5M Site #6
    18. Rtbmrgl CA 09 AF990 Site #38
    19. Phillips1970 ID 18 AF29-5T Site #30
    20. Big N26N Site #47
    21. Itstom AZ 20 AF35-5Z Site #65
    22. Mipd115 OR 15 AF31D Site #18
    23. HitchItch OR 14 AF27-5L Site #66
    24. Ramjet18 CA 18 AF32A Site #78
    25. WalterG ID 97 N25S Site #14
    26. Marcielo OR 05 AF22GQ Site #34
    27. Rigdriver TX 21 AF Site #5
    28. Skookum WA 11 AF25R Site #39
    29. Pnachtwey WA 19 AF990 Site #37
    30. Texanna Site#
    31. MJ OR 15 N23D Site #9
    32. Christmas OR AF 5th wheel Site #17
    33. Fox on the Run CA 20 N22H Site #64
    34. HRA WA 09 AF29V Site #11
    35. Shotgun OR 05 AF22H Site #7
    36. Deciduous1 FL 19 AF27-5L Site #33
    37. Ramp&jmp2020 OR 18 AF29-5K Site #32
    38. MerMarcel CA 21 AF27-5L Site #31
    39. Bowhunter OR 13 AF27-5L Site #13
    40.Crafty Fox CA 16 AF27-5L Site #42
    41.Pilot140 MN 06 AF30U Site #41
    42.Fox & Bear WA 17 AF27-5L Site #12
    43 Foxyrvlady OR 02 AF25R Site #10
    44.N7AU WA 12 FM235RLS Site #75
    45.AdventureGirl55 04 N19B OR Site #67
    46.Lee & JoAnn TN Site #80
    Adam
    2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
    07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
    07 AF31W Mod's
    Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Last time we were in the old hotel, was when the previous owners still owned it and it was getting a little ragged...... can't wait to see the new upgrades & improvements .
    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post
      Last time we were in the old hotel, was when the previous owners still owned it and it was getting a little ragged...... can't wait to see the new upgrades & improvements .
      Yes Mike and Tamarah are doing a fantastic job of bring it back! They put in new outside soaking tubs which will be awesome to experience!
      Adam
      07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
      07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

So working on some of the activates with the expected social distancing in mine. So far came up with a Scavenger hunt and modified White Elephant. Any suggestions out there for other ideas?
        Adam
        07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

I enjoyed the miniature golf and the golf cart race towing the trailer.
          Dave & Sandy
          2017 F250 6.7L Powerstroke 4WD
          2013 Nash 23D (sold)
          Equalizer Brand 1400#

Comment

Originally posted by Davegonfishn View Post
            I enjoyed the miniature golf and the golf cart race towing the trailer.
            Hi Dave, Thanks for the reply was beginning to think no one would! Bob set up that golf course and I am sure I can persuade him to do it again!
            Yes the cart races are always a big hit, will have to give it some thought to see what I can come up with that and still be compliant if needed to be.
            Adam
            07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Below is the process to sign up for this years rally. Site available are numbers 2-18, 30-49 and 61-78.

Online Reservations are preferred, as they allow the quickest reservation processing. Please leave at least 3 choices (in order of preference) for your site number in the comment section of the reservation form. You may also leave additional info/requests in this section. We will be processing online requests in the order that we receive them.

The online reservation link below is available from January 1,
              12:01am PST to January 3rd 11:59pm PST:
              http://www.grandehotsprings.com/reservation/

Please note: Any online reservations made before
              12:01am PST or phone reservations before 8:00am PST will go to the end of the list.

After January 4th, all online reservations will need to be sent as a direct email, as the online booking system will be blocked to prevent over-booking.”

Their contact # (541) 963-5253 and they will start taking your phone reservation Jan 1st 8am, this is also when I will make the form available. Contact them directly to make arrangement for a site. When you make your reservations make sure you tell them you are with the "Northwood Rv Owners Association" and are attending the 2021 rally. AARP, AAA or Good Sam discounts maybe available so if you are a member make sure you mention it. There is space for 55 units and it's a first come first serve so get your forms into me early.

Adam
              07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

I just sent my online reservation in. (2:07 am. CST). Hope we get a spot, my wife and I look forward to finally meeting you guys and gals.
                2013 Ram 3500 Dually, Aisen, 3.73 gears.

2020 32-5M. 400 watts solar, 400 AH LiFePo4, Smart Shunt, MultuPlus 3000.

Comment

Requested reservation at 5AM MST. I haven't seen the amount of rally registration fee to be sent to Adam. Let us know amount and address and I will send check when RV park reservation is confirmed
                  Bob P
                  2008 Ford F350 Super Cab 6.4 PSD 4x4
                  2018 AF 29-5T

Comment

Down Load the Rally sign up form HERE If for any reason you are unable to down load the form then send me an email to nroa2003@yahoo.com and I will attach it to my reply.
                    As in the past I have put the instructions at the top of the form.

Attached Files
                    Adam
                    07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Got our reservation back, we're in site 62. Will fill out Adam's form and mail it and check soon.
                      2013 Ram 3500 Dually, Aisen, 3.73 gears.

2020 32-5M. 400 watts solar, 400 AH LiFePo4, Smart Shunt, MultuPlus 3000.

Comment

Happy new year’s everyone. Adam we are registered for site 16 and the form’s in the mail. Can’t wait to see everyone.
                        2013 Arctic Fox 990 milestone, 2016 Ford F-350 King Ranch

Comment

Confirmed site 63. our third choice but so glad we have a spot. Sent email at 1:02 Arizona time 12:02 PST.
                          it was so nice meeting a few people last year and really looking forward to see group functions.
                          Susan
                          Happy Trails
                          SallyKay 9 lbs of sass
                          2016 Arctic Fox 25W,
                          2004 Ford F250,

Comment

Awesome someone is coming this year!!!! LOL This thread was so dead this year I was not sure.....
                            As I receive the forms and get them entered I will send out an email to let you know it has arrived safely.
                            Also approx. 30 days out from the rally I will send out an email to everyone coming with all the final details that pertain to this years rally.
                            Adam
                            07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Confirmed Site #61.

Checks in the mail.....
                              Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Working...
                              X