This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam's 2020 NROA Rally - La Grande, Oregon - Sept 8th - 13th

FYI - the rally dates have changed due to Covid - 19 to September 8th - 13th and also note that I received notification (5/5/2020) from Northwood that they will not be joining in the 2020 rally. So this means no plant tours, Saturday raffle or BBQ, Big Top or Eagle nest building extention. Really no interaction with Northwood at all.
    Also
    For those who are of high risk to the covid virus I suggest not attending as I do not see it going away this year at all. I do hope I am wrong as this is one time I would love to be proven wrong.

So with that being said we will be gathering at Grande Hot Springs Resort like in the past

Their contact # (541) 963-5253 and they will start taking your phone reservation Jan 1st 8am, this is also when I will make the form available. Contact them directly to make arrangement for a site. When you make your reservations make sure you tell them you are with the "Northwood Rv Owners Association" and are attending the 2020 rally. AARP, AAA or Good Sam discounts maybe available so if you are a member make sure you mention it. There is space for 40 units (the number of units might be increased at a later date, depending on where Covid 19 social distancing requirements are) and it's a first come first serve so get your forms into me early. Once you got your site # send me an email to NROA2003@yahoo.com and I will reply back with the rally sign up form attached.

Directions to the RV park from La Grande:
    Exit #265 off of highway 84 by flying J station
    At the stop sign at the bottom of the exit ramp turn right(south) onto 203 for 5-7 miles. RV Park is on right down short 1/4 mile gravel road.

The following event will be modified depending on where the Covaid 19 virus situation is at the time of the rally. I will be looking for a couple of hand sanitizer system online to have available for all to use at the rally. As any other recommendations by the state of Oregon to hold this event. As I do not know where we will be at that time I will wait to fill out all the activities until Mid Aug.

Early bird Activities for Monday.

Monday – 7th

5:00 arrival - Pre-rally Dinner at Bud Jacksons sportsman bar and grill. You can view the menu online by clicking HERE.
    Contact/Address info = 2209 Adams Ave, La Grande, OR 97850 541-962-7858

Tuesday – 8th : Arrival day

1:00pm - Bingo in Eagles Nest building

Gonzo Golf - This will be a family friendly event involving a golf club and a tennis ball(they will be provided for you). Not a real tournament, but play at your leisure until Friday afternoon. Even at
    2am... Fighting on the course will cost you.... T's and Holes will be marked (sort of). Most holes will be 6-9" diameter and flagged... Turn in your best score to Bob Nelson in site # 99 by Noon on Friday as Bob will be announcing the winner Friday eve at the social gathering.
    Questions? Ask Bob Nelson, Rules (if needed) will be made up as we progress with this incredible tournament..

6:30pm - Welcome gathering - Rally Overview & Introductions in the Eagles Nest - First off I will be giving you all info about what's going on during the week and answering any questions you may have. Then we will all introduce ourselves. Show up wearing your name tags!

8:00pm- Campfire (Weather permitting)

Wednesday - 9th

1:30pm - Ice Cream Social - Meet at Eagle Nest. There will be Ice Cream (limited sugar free vanilla as well) with all the fixens to make a great sundae as well as all kinds of fresh fruit. Come and enjoy some great time together! Bowls, napkins & Silverware are provided

2:00pm - White Elephant gift exchange (location at park to be announced) You don't have to participate; you can watch the fun but HAVE to bring something if you want something. This activity has become quite popular/lengthy so this year I will be limiting the gifts to one gift per RV site, no exceptions.
    You give a wrapped gift and you receive one. The most fun ones are those where people are getting rid of something they don't want or use (new or in good shape is preferable) or an unwanted Christmas present. If purchasing something for this please keep the gifts worth to under $10.00. Could be a vase, knickknack, cd's, Tire pump, Purple Pig, Arctic Fox fix-it-kit, anything like that.

6:30pm Movie night - Popcorn will be provided but you will need to bring your own beverage

Thursday - 10th

9:30 – Sewer hose throwing contest!

10:00am - Quilting Ladies of the RV rally - Class Size: Limit to first 10 - with the reschedule of the rally this event is on hold at the moment pending enough ladies are interested.

6:00pm Potluck Dinner - Coffee will be available. Please feel free to bring what ever you want, whether that be a main dish, vegetable, bread or dessert. Variety is the key to a good potluck! Take your dish with serving utensil to the canopy behind the Eagles Nest. There someone will direct you where to place it. Now return to the main building and have a seat for some brief announcements before you are excused by rows to serve yourself.
    Plates, napkins & Silverware are provided.
    Also label food dishes if they contain, nuts/dairy/soy/shell fish/mushrooms or if gluten free

Friday – 11th

7:00pm - Social gathering in the Eagle Nest. Hosted by Bob & Greg.
    Bring your favorite beverage and glass along with an appetizer with serving spoon(plate/napkins/silverware provided) Chat with your fellow RV'ers

Saturday – 12th

9:00am - 11:00am Ladies Social Gathering and Crafts in the Eagles Nest. Everyone’s welcome. Please come on over and see what's going on. Bring your own project, sewing machines, crochet hooks or any other things you might want to work with during this time or just come by to chat as this is more about socializing and connecting then any thing else. Besides the more the merrier!

8:00pm- Campfire (Weather permitting) Let all get together around the final nights campfire and share our last night together.

Sunday – 13th

8:30am- Farewell Potluck Breakfast in community building, while this maybe early for some of you, many attendees have to get an early start to head home. Please feel free to bring whatever you would like, after all variety is the key to a good potluck!
    Plates, napkins & Silverware are provided.
    Also label food dishes if they contain nuts/dairy/soy/shell fish/mushrooms or if gluten free

Clean up and depart - Please all that can, pitch in and help us clean up the rally building after
    breakfast. Also take down the county's red/white big top. The two white canopies stay up as they will be taken down by the rental company.

Rally sign ups that I have received(To see how many sites are left contact the park) - The format is Username - State - Unit - Site# & I put an asterisk after ones that have not attended before.
    1. Adam OR 07 AF31W Site #8
    2. BobNelson OR 19 AF25W Site #99
    3. RickB OR 17 AF27-5L Site #58
    4. Bobbon OR 15 AF30U Site #55 *
    5. Orhuskey OR17 35-5Z Site #27
    6. Radar14 CA 16 AF25W Site #73
    7. FoxWillTravel WA 16 AF27-5L Site #33
    8. TcWoody WA 13 FM235RLS Site #36
    9. Mardave OR 11 AF27T Site #40
    10. N7AU WA 12 FM235RLS Site #38
    11. Housted CA 11 AF29-5T Site #3
    12. Tom ID 14 AF25Y Site #78
    13. Roger246RKS OR 16 SR246RKS Site #37
    14. FoxRv WA 10 AF29V Site #5
    15. MJ OR 15 N23D Site #9
    16. Rogerd SD 17 AF29-5T Site #74
    17. Phillips370 ID 18 AF29-5T Site #?
    18. Arctic Rebel CA 16 AF27-5L Site #35
    19. Welch71 CA 07 AF27-5L Site #56
    20. Dyno Dave ID 13 AF990 Site #14
    21. Airopsjim OR 06 AF26X Site #16
    22. Matem95 OR 13 FM28-5 Site #54
    23. Freddy22 WA 20 AF811 Site #81
    24. Mipd115 OR 15 AF31D Site #97
    25. Christmas OR FM235RLS Site #98
    26. Idaho_Fox 2 ID 14 AF29-5T Site #2
    Adam
    2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
    07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
    07 AF31W Mod's
    Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Ok I have opened this topic so now you all can let me know what I forgot to include above.....
    Adam
    07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
    07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Newbies here with a dumb question. When you say the rally ends on the 28th, is that the day most folks will depart or will there be other rally functions that day?
      Dave and Linda
      Albany, Oregon

2002 Chevy Silverado with Duramax engine and Allison tranny.
      2016 Arctic Fox 32A

Comment

Originally posted by Dave B View Post
        Newbies here with a dumb question. When you say the rally ends on the 28th, is that the day most folks will depart or will there be other rally functions that day?
        In years past, some members arrive a day or two before the rally starts and leave a day or two after the rally ends.

Usually, the last day of the rally (Sunday) has a 'Farewell Potluck Breakfast' then a group clean-up of the rally building and taking down the 'big-top' tent.

By noon, most members are on their way out the gate.
        Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Thanks. That’s what we needed to know.
          Dave and Linda
          Albany, Oregon

2016 Arctic Fox 32A

Comment

Ok going to make a change to the White elephant. While talking with shotgun on the phone a few days ago he shared a different version and then during a visit with my sis this last weekend she also shared more versions with me.
            So this year we will be mixing it up some. Some of you more then likely have done various version of the White elephant gift exchange. This year instead of passing out numbers when you drop off your gift we will be using dice and placing one wrapped gift on the table in front of each person. Each person will get to roll the dice and then follow the action on the dice. The dice will be labeled with such things as pass the gifts to the left one spot, trade with the person across from you, etc. Then after each person has rolled you will open the gift to see what you ended up with!
            Adam
            07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
              Ok going to make a change to the White elephant. While talking with shotgun on the phone a few days ago he shared a different version and then during a visit with my sis this last weekend she also shared more versions with me.
              So this year we will be mixing it up some. Some of you more then likely have done various version of the White elephant gift exchange. This year instead of passing out numbers when you drop off your gift we will be using dice and placing one wrapped gift on the table in front of each person. Each person will get to roll the dice and then follow the action on the dice. The dice will be labeled with such things as pass the gifts to the left one spot, trade with the person across from you, etc. Then after each person has rolled you will open the gift to see what you ended up with!
              That sounds like fun!

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

The way you described this version, everyone that wants to participate will have to bring a gift. Would it be correct to say If you don't bring you will not be able to participate. In past years it was 1 gift per RV but everyone that wanted to could sit around and enjoyed the exchanges.
                Gordon-Mary Anne Sunny-Radar Rescue Dogs 2018 Arctic Fox 25W 2-12 volt Interstate Deep Cycle 2015 Chevrolet Crew Cab LTZ HD 2500 D/A 4x4 3.73 Leer Cab High Camper Shell Honda EU2000ia Zamp solar
                Equal-i-zer Hitch 1000 lb bars
                2020 Days Camped 29 Miles Towed 2402 Total Days 453 Towed Miles 28,762 Total Miles 40,5545

Comment

Originally posted by Radar14 View Post
                  The way you described this version, everyone that wants to participate will have to bring a gift. Would it be correct to say If you don't bring you will not be able to participate. In past years it was 1 gift per RV but everyone that wanted to could sit around and enjoyed the exchanges.
                  That's a good point Radar and thank you for pointing it out forget about the previous rule of 1 gift per RV. That was done due to the concern about how long the event lasted as it grew. With this game things should move along much quicker so don't think it will be a problem with each person who wants to play bringing a gift and absolutely even if a person is not playing please come and watch!
                  Adam
                  07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Ok we are on count down to the rally sign up! Only 20hrs to go, just talked to the park and they said they are as ready as they can be and are excited to get this started!!!
                    Adam
                    07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

So how many of us are frustrated with the on-line booking system that seems to have not released the dates yet?
                      Dave and Linda
                      Albany, Oregon

2016 Arctic Fox 32A

Comment

Originally posted by Dave B View Post
                        So how many of us are frustrated with the on-line booking system that seems to have not released the dates yet?
                        Just a hiccup....

Comment

I just tried as well, no luck. I sent an email with my reservation request. Hopefully that will work. I was bummed. I refreshed the link several times, no deal.
                          2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, B&W Companion Hitch. Rebuilt tranny, PakBrake Exhaust Brake, PakBrake Airbags w/ Wireless remote fill.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, TPMS TST 507, ARP Controller, Sailun G rated tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Copper865 View Post
                            I just tried as well, no luck. I sent an email with my reservation request. Hopefully that will work. I was bummed. I refreshed the link several times, no deal.
                            Looks like it's up & working now !!!

Comment

It's 5:47am Pacific time and I just made our reservation for RV park and got back an email saying a confirmation email will be sent soon.

Bill
                              Bill, Mary, and Scottie
                              2015 RAM 3500 Crew Cab, Long Bed, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin, SRW, Hensley BD-3 Hitch
                              2017 AF 27-5L
                              http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/719790.png

Comment

Working...
                              X