Quartzsite 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quartzsite 2020

Anyone planning on camping in Quartzsite during the 2020 RV Show again this year?

This year's show is scheduled for January 18th - 26th: https://www.quartzsitervshow.com

For members who have never been to the show or camped near Quartzsite, the town hosts a free gigantic outdoor, sports, vacation RV show each year.

The town is surrounded by BLM land and free camping in the desert. The weather in January is mild during the day and cool at night. Quartzsite offers many dining options, fuel, groceries, etc. There's also a dump station with potable water, LP, etc. in town.

For the past few years, several NROA members have met north of town. We had such a great time two years ago, we are planning to hit the area again, this January.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_8929.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	294599 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_10688.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	294600
    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

We plan to be there January 16-21.
    Always enjoy meeting up with fellow NW members.
    For anyone not familiar with where we are:
    Here is location Lat and Lon

Based on my mapping program.....
    N 33 degrees 45.917'
    W 114 degrees 10.827'

Housted
    2015 RAM 3500 Laramie 6.7L CTD Tow Rig, Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel hitch.
    2011 Arctic Fox 29-5T 2010 Arctic Fox 29-5T on permanent site in the mountains - RIP 2006 AF 29V :-(
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1012172...eat=directlink
    Interests: White water Kayaking,Photography,Shooting,Reloading
    Avatar:Eastern Sierra along US395

Comment

We'll be there. Great get together and the RV show is overwhelming. The site is in a short term visitor area and is no charge for up to 14 days. Boondock only but thats what your AF was made for. This is a very unorganized and uncoordinated event with no obligations or expectations. Just a fun get together for those who can attend.
      Ken and Rita Madsen
      2018 GMC 3500 Duramax, 2016 27-5L

Comment

We’re planning on being there January 21-26. Looking forward to it!
        Dave & Sandy
        2017 F250 6.7L Powerstroke 4WD
        2013 Nash 23D
        Equalizer Brand 1400#
        40 Amp AM Solar System
        Trojan T145+

Comment

We’re seriously talking about swinging through Quartzsite just to say we’ve done it.
          Jerry, Kathie, &
          Bo, one giant Lab
          2019 AF27-5
          2017 Nash 24M (Sold)
          2016 F250, 4X4, 6.7L
          Added 2 leaf springs each side
          50 gal Titan Fuel Tank
          Pressure Pro TPMS
          blog: 7rwanderers.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry and Kathie View Post
            We’re seriously talking about swinging through Quartzsite just to say we’ve done it.
            That's what we did two years ago (our 1st visit), and loved the experience.

The weather is perfect in January, the town of Quartzsite is welcoming and has all the conveniences (laundry, markets, restaurants, fuel, etc) of a larger town, the nearby BLM lands are spread out so each camper or group has plenty of room, it's dead-quiet at night (not a wild party atmosphere), and the nearby RV show (with it's 100's of vendors selling everything imaginable) is fun to visit one day or several.

The RV show is 100% free. The tent vendors are mostly geared to RV's, camping, outdoors and travel. The outside vendors offer everything from food, tools, jewelry, crafts, handmade trinkets, etc. It's all within an easy walk and close to the free parking.

If your thinking about adding something to your RV, most of the vendors offer installation / repair.

Even though camping is truly 'boondocking', just a couple of miles away, is the town and the RV Pit Stop (LP, water, full dump facility, etc). Donna & I will be there 5 days, so on day #3, we'll break camp and dump our tanks, then return to camp.

http://rvpitstopaz.com

Hope to see you there....

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

We’ve mostly drive through Quartzsite during the summer then a couple of years ago passed through in January and was totally shocked by what we saw. Never had the trailer with us so didn’t stop except for fuel.

We’re thinking about adding Joshua Tree and Death Valley National Parks to our itinerary. When are you and Donna planning on arriving?
              Jerry, Kathie, &
              Bo, one giant Lab
              2019 AF27-5
              2017 Nash 24M (Sold)
              2016 F250, 4X4, 6.7L
              Added 2 leaf springs each side
              50 gal Titan Fuel Tank
              Pressure Pro TPMS
              blog: 7rwanderers.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry and Kathie View Post
                ...We’re thinking about adding Joshua Tree and Death Valley National Parks to our itinerary. When are you and Donna planning on arriving?
                We will be arriving in Quartzsite on Jan 20th, and departing Jan 25th.

That will give us 5 nights in camp.

Comment

We'll be there! We heard about Quartzsite and the RV Show for many years from our parents, and wanted to see what it was all about. This will be our 4th year. While it's fun, quirky and interesting, it's not the area or the activities that bring us back year after year - it's the gathering of Northwoods family that keeps us coming back! Hope to see y'all there!
                  Kirk n Kay and Mickey, the big black lab
                  2012 F-250
                  2016 27-5L

Comment

Last year was our first time at Quartzsite. I was expecting a to find a trashy, noisy, ugly campsite with a bunch of boring Yaba daba doooooYaba daba doooooYaba daba dooooo people. I was wrong on all counts-it was a great time with some wonderful people. We’ll be there for a week arriving on Wed. 1/22/20. Maybe I can get some input in creating a separate switch for my front cap aircraft lights. Kirk, Are you ready for some Football? I can’t be held responsible if the Patriots decide to win another one. Until we meet again—have fun!
                    Greg and Laura
                    2017 GMC Denali, Duramax, DRW, 4x4, NavCameras, CC, Anderson Ultimate 2 hitch, Retrax Cover
                    2017 295k
                    600AH lifeline bank, Yamaha3000ISEB on Slider, 2800W Magnum inverter, HW Progressive Surge Gaurd, Trimetric monitor, Dexter EZ Flex

Comment

We've been to Quartzsite three times - all when the "Big Tent" was already over. The idea of 40k of my closest friends all packed into the teeny town of Quartzsite and surrounding area kinda scares me. We're in the center of this pic with two trailers, on the Plamosa Road free area. From pics I've seen of this area when the "Big Tent" affair is on, it's jam packed!Click image for larger version

Name:	Our Campsite.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	294718
                      2016 Ford F-350, 6.7 Powerstroke, long bed, long wheelbase, crew cab, Banks iDash 1.8 Digital Monitor, Highway Products "Pickup Pak".

2012 Arctic Fox 25Y, 700 watts of solar, two T-145 Trojan 6 volt batteries, Morningstar MPPT controller, Equalizer hitch system

(Previously owned 1997 Nash 25S which we enjoyed from 1996 to 2012.)

Comment

Greg....we will be there starting somewhere in week two of January and staying 14 days. And, I'm always up for football, I'll bring the beer! But in case you have not noticed, the Niners are looking GOOD! Wouldn't it be great to ave a playoff between the Pat's and Niners while in QS! I love the camaraderie of he entire group and am looking forward to another QS adventure!

See ya all then!
                        Kirk
                        2012 F-250
                        2016 27-5L

Comment

Tommy, 40K during the tent sale won't cut it. The state estimates over 1,000,000 camped out around the greater Q area and the show folks estimate 150,000 attend the tent sale. Our group meets up on the north side of Plamosa Rd about 5 miles in. Post 2 has lat,lon for your GPS. Our group is usually a dozen or so trailers with room for many more. No real need to attend the show unless you want. We try to bring enough of everything to make trips to town optional but we usually head in to the show at least one day. If you are a shopper, you can easilly spend an entire day at the big tent and another day or two looking at the vendors off site, mostly rocks but some other stuff. If your brave you can see the sights at the bookstore.
                          Ken and Rita Madsen

Comment

Sadly the owner of "The Book Store" passed away this year. So just books, not even sure it is still open
                            2012 F-250
                            2016 27-5L

Comment

Oh bummer, he was one of the folks that made Quartzite what it is. We were just by the store last week and it was open but we didn't stop.
                              Ken and Rita Madsen

Comment

Working...
                              X