Adam's 2019 NROA Rally - La Grande, Oregon - June 18th - June 23rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam's 2019 NROA Rally - La Grande, Oregon - June 18th - June 23rd

Well its time for the annual NROA rally! Open on a first come first serve format to all supporting paid members of this site. If you are not a site supporter you will need to be come one to be eligible to attend my NROA rally. I put this annual rally on as a thank you for supporting the site.

The date for the rally is always the same - rally is first Tuesday following Fathers Day

We will be gathering at Grande Hot Springs Resort Their contact # (541) 963-5253 and they will start taking your reservation Jan 1st 8am . Contact them directly to make arrangement for a site. When you make your reservations make sure you tell them you are with the "Northwood Rv Owners Association" and are attending the 2019 rally. AARP, AAA or Good Sam discounts maybe available so if you are a member make sure you mention it. There is space for 78 units and it's a first come first serve so get your forms into me early.

Once the rally has filled up, the RV park is in charge of starting a waiting list, as each year there are some cancellations. If you are interested in being on the waiting list give them a call. (541) 963-5253. If there is an opening they will call in order of the waiting list. If you do not answer they will hang up and call the next person on the list. No message will be left. I know this sounds harsh but is does not work out to leave messages. If you are bypassed due to not answering then your name will go to the top of the list in the order of called but not answered for the next opening that comes about.

Please read below so very important!

The park will hold your spot for 30 day but if I do not have your form in my hand within that time period the site reservation will be cancelled and available for the next person who calls. So make sure once your get that site reserved you get that sign up form to me. If you do not have one then email me and I will attach it to my reply.
    I will also email you a confirmation once I get it from you.

Directions to the RV park from La Grande:
    Exit #265 off of highway 84 by flying J station
    At the stop sign at the bottom of the exit ramp turn right(south) onto 203 for 5-7 miles. RV Park is on right down short 1/4 mile gravel road.

To get the sign up form, send me an email to NROA2003@yahoo.com and I will reply back with the form attached.

Rally schedule

Early bird Activities for Monday.

Monday - 17th

5:00 - 5:45 pm staggered arrival - Pre-rally Dinner at Bud Jacksons sportsman bar and grill. You can view the menu online by clicking HERE. . SOLD OUT
    Contact/Address info = 2209 Adams Ave, La Grande, OR 97850 541-962-7858
    Since we are a large group this year I have reserved the whole restaurant and again since we are such a large group instead of all arriving at once I made the reservation starting at 5pm and extending to 5:45 so you can go when you want in that time period to stagger the groups arrival. If we are this large again next year I will be doing it different!

Tuesday - 18th : Arrival day

1:00pm - Bingo in Eagles Nest building

Gonzo Golf - This will be a family friendly event involving a golf club and a tennis ball(they will be provided for you). Not a real tournament, but play at random and when ever you can will be open until Friday afternoon. Even at 2am... Fighting on the course will cost you.... T's and Holes will be marked (sort of). Most holes will be 6-9" diameter and flagged...

This will be set up for you to play at your leisure but keep track of your score as Bob will be announcing the winner Friday eve at the social gathering.

Questions? Ask Bob Nelson, Rules (if needed) will be made up as we progress with this incredible tournament..

6:30pm - Welcome gathering - Rally Overview & Introductions in the Eagles Nest - First off I will be giving you all info about what's going on during the week and answering any questions you may have. Then we will all introduce ourselves.

8:00pm- Campfire (Weather permitting)

Wednesday - 19th

9:30am - 11:00am -Trailer towing obstacle course driving contest - This was a new idea last year that was quite fun! The mini Nash trailer will be back this year and I will have a new contest to test your driving skills in this timed fun event.
    Just like last year the trailer will be hooked to the back of a golf cart . This will be a timed event with time penalties for running into any of the trees or rocks ... as well as a max time limit to complete the course.

1:30pm - Ice Cream Social - Meet at Eagle Nest. There will be Ice Cream (limited sugar free vanilla as well) with all the fixens to make a great sundae as well as all kinds of fresh fruit. Come and enjoy some great time together! Bowls, napkins & Silverware are provided

2:00pm - White Elephant gift exchange UNDER THE BIG TOP by the Eagle Nest. You don't have to participate; you can watch the fun but HAVE to bring something if you want something. This activity has become quite popular/lengthy so this year I will be limiting the gifts to one gift per RV site, no exceptions.
    You give a wrapped gift and you receive one. The most fun ones are those where people are getting rid of something they don't want or use (new or in good shape is preferable) or an unwanted Christmas present. If purchasing something for this please keep the gifts worth to under $10.00. Could be a vase, knickknack, cd's, Tire pump, Purple Pig, Arctic Fox fix-it-kit, anything like that.

3:30pm - Northwood factory tour. Meet outside of Northwood's office @ 3:15pm Address for your GPS is 59948 Downs Rd, La Grande,

6:30pm Movie night - Yours, Mine and Ours(1968 version) staring Lucille Ball, Henry Fonda and Van Johnson.
    Popcorn will be provided but you will need to bring your own beverage

Thursday - 20th

9:00am - Cathy Nowak presents Walking tour of Ladd Marsh - Meet at the Eagle Nest. Bring your binoculars, insect repellent and good walking shoes. Plus consider wearing long pants as you will be walking though tall grasses Appox 1.25 miles

10:00am - Quilting Ladies of the RV rally - Class Size: Limit to first 10 that sign up via email to Marie mardave54@gmail.com This is also the email address to use if you have any questions. I (Adam) will cover the cost of the class and lunch but not the book mentioned below. Marie has provided info how to purchase the book below if you wish to.
    The Quilt shop will open at 9:30 to set up machines

There will again be a quilting class offered during the June RV rally. The class will be Sparkle
    Table Runner. The class is a quick and funky Star Table Runner, you will learn an easy way to do both set-in seams and a binding with inside edges.
    Where: LaGrande Quilt Shop 1107 Washington Ave, La Grande, OR This activity is now full

Supplies:
    Book: Absolutely Crazy from One Sister, pattern on page 24
    Sewing Machine, basic sewing supplies (thread, pins, scissors, etc)
    Rotary cutter with new blade
    Rulers: 6 1/2 x 24 1/2 A ruler with a 60 degree line on it, you could use a 60 degree triangle ruler
    Wash out marker
    Freezer paper will be supplied. You may also choose to trace the Sparkle Star before
    class; using a ruler and pen or pencil, marking all the numbers and letters.
    Fabric: 7 Fat Quarters with a mix of light, medium, and dark's for contrast.

Binding: Demo in class

If you would like to see a picture of what we will be making, I looked up the author of the book, Janet Nesbitt, and typed in Sparkle Table Runner and it will give you an idea of what we will be making. I also have looked up the price of the book. If you go to the One Sister site the book is $30 + shipping. The book on Amazon is $21.99 + shipping.

If you are interested in the class please email: Marie Cooper-Thomas mardave54@gmail.com

9:30am - 10:30am - Bingo in Eagles Nest building

10:00am - 12:00 noon - Northwood swag time! Northwood will be selling at a discounted price Northwood apparel at the rally in the Tent attached to the Eagle Nest gathering building. There will be Jackets, Pullovers, Sweat shirts, Travel mugs and other items. There will be a limited number of each item and when they are gone then they are gone!

11:00 - 11:30am - Resealing your trailer - come watch this live demonstration put on by Northwood on how to inspect and replace the chalking on your trailer. One of the most important maintenance for your trailers longevity

1:00pm - 2:30pm Seminar - rep Wes from Zamp Solar to talk about solar systems

3:00 - 5:00pm Seminar - Rep Gary Wheeler from MORryde will be covering suspensions, disc brakes, and tires.

6:00pm Potluck Dinner - Coffee will be available. Please feel free to bring what ever you want, whether that be a main dish, vegetable, bread or dessert. Variety is the key to a good potluck! Take your dish with serving utensil to the canopy behind the Eagles Nest. There someone will direct you where to place it. Now return to the main building and have a seat for some brief announcements before you are excused by rows to serve yourself.
    Plates, napkins & Silverware are provided.
    Also label food dishes if they contain, nuts/dairy/soy/shell fish/mushrooms or if gluten free

Friday - 21st

9:00am - 11:00am SkyMed - in the Eagles Nest presented Bruce and Pauline Pokallus from SkyMed will be doing a presentation for Emergency Travel Evacuation. Its quite an impressive program, please come on down to the Eagles nest and give them some of your time.

10:00am - 12:00 noon - Northwood swag time! Northwood will be selling at a discounted price Northwood apparel at the rally under the big top. There will be Jackets, Pullovers, Sweat shirts, Travel mugs and other items. There will be a limited number of each item and when they are gone then they are gone!

1:00 - 3:00pm Mr Bob Nelson will be giving a talk on Boondockerswelcome.com and HarvestHost.com A couple of ways to find places to Boondock. Each of these topics will include time for questions and sharing of ones own knowledge.

7:00pm - Social gathering in the Eagle Nest. Hosted by Bob & Greg.
    Bring your favorite beverage and glass along with an appetizer with serving spoon(plate/napkins/silverware provided) Chat with your fellow RV'ers

Saturday - 22nd
    9:00am - 11:00am Ladies Social Gathering and Crafts in the Eagles Nest. Everyoneís welcome. Please come on over and see what's going on. Bring your own project, sewing machines, crochet hooks or any other things you might want to work with during this time or just come by to chat as this is more about socializing and connecting then any thing else. Besides the more the merrier!

9:30 am - Torklift - Come hear about the history of this Pacific Northwest company and see some of their products.

12:00pm- Northwood BBQ in Eagles Nest - Northwood & crew will be hosting a BBQ as well as a Raffle drawing with gifts given away.
    EVERYONE WEAR YOUR RALLY TEE SHIRTS PLEASE as we will be taking a group photo before we eat!

1:00pm approx. Northwood raffle - Everyone gets a prize!

8:00pm- Campfire (Weather permitting) Let all get together around the final nights campfire and share our last night together.

Sunday - 23rd

8:30am- Farewell Potluck Breakfast in community building, while this maybe early for some of you, many attendees have to get an early start to head home. Please feel free to bring whatever you would like, after all variety is the key to a good potluck!
    Plates, napkins & Silverware are provided.
    Also label food dishes if they contain nuts/dairy/soy/shell fish/mushrooms or if gluten free

Clean up and depart - Please all that can, pitch in and help us clean up the rally building after
    breakfast. Also take down the county's red/white big top. The two white canopies stay up as they will be taken down by the rental company.

Rally sign ups - I put an astrick after ones that have not attended before.
    1. Adam) OR 07 AF31W Site #8
    2. MJ) OR 15 N23D Site #9
    3. Housted CA 11 AF29-5T Site #3
    4. AdventureGirl55 OR 04 N19B Site #71
    5. Phillips370 ID 18 AF29-5T Site #33
    6. Dyno Dave ID 13 AF990 Site #17
    7. Lilly Jane ID 14 AF29-5T Site #30
    8. Fox RV WA 10 AF29V Site #5
    9. 7mag4ever ID 12 AF30U Site #47
    10. Smedley WA 18 FM235RLS Site #100
    11. N7MYN WA 08 AF29V Site #11
    12. Jim King OR 16 AF25Y Site #27 *
    13. RonStrolb ID 17 AF25Y Site #72
    14. 25Ynot OR 16 AF25Y Site #7
    15. RickB OR 16 AF27-5L Site #26*
    16. Tail House ID 16 AF25Y Site #35
    17. Shootngranpa UT 13 AF32-5M Site #88*
    18. Kramden CA 12 AF29-5T Site #14
    19. giandlj CA 18 AF27-5L Site #15
    20. Tcwoody WA 13 FM235RL Site #36
    21. jtvss33 OR 16 AF990 Site #99*
    22. BigAL CA 13 AF29-5T Site #4
    23. kkerfoot OR 14 AF27-5L Site #38
    24. Believers OR 16 AF24J Site #98*
    25. Chris & Norma CA 17 AF35-5Z Site #91*
    26. GregDE1037 NV 13 AF29-5K Site #61
    27. Fox & Bear WA 17 AF27-5L Site #32
    28. rogerd SD 17 AF29-5T Site #94*
    29. Airopsjim OR 06 AF26X Site #49*
    30. Symonsr OR 09 DF28KS Site #16
    31. Ben & Diane ID AF29-5 Site #34
    32. Fox & Hound CA 19 AF29-5K Site #42*
    33. Wolfman OR 17 WC850 Site #75*
    34. WalterG ID 97 N25S Site #37
    35. Columbiagorge1 OR 14 AF29-5K Site #64
    36. Christmas OR 18 FM235RLS Site #13*
    37. Fredbennett NV 13 AF32A Site #43*
    38. Bubba and Toots NV 17 AF29-5K Site #89*
    39. Ndcuster ID 16 AF25Y Site #96*
    40. HitchItch OR 14 AF27-5L Site #67
    41. Ralph & Angela SD 17 AF1140 Site #78
    42. davegonfishn CA 12 N23D Site #74
    43. Dkidd ID 13 AF29L Site #46
    44. Welch71 CA 07 AF27-5L Site #31
    45. Stubble Jumper SK 18 AF27-5L Site #2 *
    46. Randy & Jessie OR 17 AF29-5K Site #25 *
    47. Rvingforever OR 14 AF32A Site #48
    48. Arctic Fire OR 07 AF25S Site #45
    49. N7AU WA 12 FM23-5 Site #39
    50. Dave55 BC 18 FM235RLS Site #23
    51. Bryce & Bonnie OR 19 AF29-5T Site #70
    52. Fox on the run CA 06 DF21S Site #65
    53. Janisandlarry FL 19 27-5L Site #63
    54. Crafty Fox CA 16 AF27-5L Site #69*
    55. GGregorius WA 16 AF29-5K Site #62
    56. BobNelson OR 12 AF1140 Site #76
    57. Radar14 CA 18 AF25W Site #68
    58. Mipd115 OR 15 AF31D Site #12
    59. Mardave OR 11 AF27T Site #77
    60. rremus WA 11 AF29-5T Site #24
    61. Foxyrvlady OR 02 AF25R Site #10
    62. N-L Hernandez CA 11 FM245RKS Site #44
    63. Dale & Christine ID 18 FM Site #22
    64. Cronanmjc OR 17 AF27-5L Site #19
    65. Pro Lineman OH 18 AF32A Site #21
    66. Tickle Mousy WA 09 AF36-5V Site #18
    67. Dancndave WA 16 AF32-5m Site #66
    68. Lee & Sharon ID Site #40

Adam
    2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
    07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
    07 AF31W Mod's
    Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

I am trying to not teach summer school next year, so this may be my chance. I donít see the information about a weather guarantee.
    On a serious note, should we reserve a space and then register with you, Adam? I donít know the protocol.
    Mark and Anita
    2012 AF 22H dutifully following a 2014 F-350 diesel SB

Comment

Originally posted by ProfQuinn View Post
      I am trying to not teach summer school next year, so this may be my chance. I donít see the information about a weather guarantee.
      On a serious note, should we reserve a space and then register with you, Adam? I donít know the protocol.
      I do provide a guarantee there will some weather....

Yes that is the protocol, got distracted by work and now need to head out but I will be posting/editing/adding more info soon.
      Adam
      07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
      07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
        I do provide a guarantee there will some weather....
        Those of us there last summer can vouch for his guarantee for sure. But this year Adam please be easier on everyone with the choice of weather.

2001 F-350 V-10 4X4 CC 68,000 miles. Added Larger Transmission Cooler, Rear View Camera, ScanGauge II.
        2018 Nash 26N. 540W Solar, 2nd Bathroom Medicine Cabinet, Progressive Industries EMS, Two Recliners,
        2015 Nash 17K Previous

Let's Go Geocaching!

Comment

It was good to test how water tight your unit is....mine failed on the lower part of the window where the weep holes are.

Ok working with the park and came up with this years booking process, its posted here and on the 1st post as well.

Online Reservations are preferred at first, as they allow the quickest reservation processing. Requesting a specific site or other special requests can be made in the comment section of the reservation form. The online reservation link below is available from January 1, 12:01am PST to January 3rd 11:59pm PST:

http://www.grandehotsprings.com/reservation/

Please note: Any online reservations made before 12:01am PST or phone reservations before 8:00am PST will go to the end of the list.

After January 4th, all online reservations will need to be sent as a direct email or phoned in, as the online booking system will be blocked to prevent over-booking.
          Adam
          07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Adam,
            If you are planning rain like last year, you better bring your water wings!!
            If possable the blind backing contest was a great event.

Housted
            2015 RAM 3500 Laramie 6.7L CTD Tow Rig, Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel hitch.
            2011 Arctic Fox 29-5T 2010 Arctic Fox 29-5T on permanent site in the mountains - RIP 2006 AF 29V :-(
            https://picasaweb.google.com/1012172...eat=directlink
            Interests: White water Kayaking,Photography,Shooting,Reloading
            Avatar:Eastern Sierra along US395

Comment

Originally posted by Housted View Post
              Adam,
              If possible the blind backing contest was a great event.

Housted
              Oh you know we have to do the driving contest again but this year it will be a different challenge.
              Adam
              07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Adam,
                As a relatively new NROA member and a Portland area resident, is it possible that a caravan by region to the RV Resort be organized?
                Is there any way to know or to organize a specific day for interested members to play golf at the nearby Buffalo Peak Golf Course?
                Has a daily activity schedule for the 2019 rally been created? If so, then where or how can I view it?

Thanks for assuring that the weather will be sunny and warm during this event. :-)
                Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Windspirit View Post
                  Adam,
                  As a relatively new NROA member and a Portland area resident, is it possible that a caravan by region to the RV Resort be organized?
                  Is there any way to know or to organize a specific day for interested members to play golf at the nearby Buffalo Peak Golf Course?
                  Has a daily activity schedule for the 2019 rally been created? If so, then where or how can I view it?

Thanks for assuring that the weather will be sunny and warm during this event. :-)
                  So I can step in a little here, and if I am wrong (OH NO) I am sure Adam will clarify:

1 - Caravan: I am sure you could be the ring leader and post here on the forum and see how many people would be interested. We have 75 rigs coming from all over the NW and country for that matter, and for Adam or any of us to head that all up would be a huge undertaking that we do not have time for. I give you the my vote for the Portland area caravan leader...

2 - Golf at Buffalo Peaks: This is something that I started years ago, we had a tournament every year, but it kind of fizzled out over time. I also had to devote my time to start our business and I missed the rally for like 5 years in a row or something, and I could not continue as the organizer of the tournament. My two cents is, there were those that were very serious, and then the other half was there for just fun, and the two didn't exactely make the best foursomes in the world if you get my drift. I also think that the majority of us that played have moved on and the event was left with only a couple people. It also bled into the other events and we just could not devote an entire day to playing golf.
                  So with that said, what we have done in the past few years, is set up a little "pitch and put" family thing around the RV park. This last year we probably had over 25 people, including kids involved and it was a blast. No chance to be serious, as heckling is not only allowed, it is encouraged, and from what I was told everyone had a great time!!! We use 5 gallon buckets and such as holes, and my devious mind comes up with a few "putt putt" type obstacles to give everyone a good laugh. We do it in the morning before it gets hot, and it lasts about an hour or so.
                  Again, with that said, if you would like to setup a little informal "non rally" golf outing during the week, I am sure you will find at least a few that would join you, including me. But, and I say But again, to make it part of the schedule you would have to talk to Adam and see what he says.

3 - Daily Schedule: This is something Adam works on starting after the first of the year (well OK maybe all year). He will start posting the schedule after new years and it is a continuing thing util he finalizes the entire week. If you want a good idea, look at the past rally postings and see what we have done in the past, and a LOT of that will be done again this year.

So that my two bits worth, looking forward to seeing everyone again this summer!!!
                  2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
                  Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
                  2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
                  Celia's Gourmet Foods
                  Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Infused Olive Oils

Comment

Shotgun,
                    I like your idea of repeating the "local" pitch and putt as you did last year.
                    Please get Adam to schedule the time for it...
                    Thanks,
                    Housted
                    2015 RAM 3500 Laramie 6.7L CTD Tow Rig, Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel hitch.
                    2011 Arctic Fox 29-5T 2010 Arctic Fox 29-5T on permanent site in the mountains - RIP 2006 AF 29V :-(
                    https://picasaweb.google.com/1012172...eat=directlink
                    Interests: White water Kayaking,Photography,Shooting,Reloading
                    Avatar:Eastern Sierra along US395

Comment

Geezz Tom its like you been around for a while.....I think you summed it up just fine so nothing much for me to really add! I am hoping in the next couple of days to post the start of the unofficial schedule. My goal each year is to have the final draft posted by first of May as it can take that long to get every one/place to confirm with me.
                      Adam
                      07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

The countdown to 12:01 has begun.
                        Ipad charged, internet on and the alarm set just in case We canít wait to see everyone
                        2013 Arctic Fox 990 milestone, 2016 Ford F-350 King Ranch

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                          Geezz Tom its like you been around for a while.....
                          Old as dirt and twice as dusty is what your sayin???
                          2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
                          Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
                          2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
                          Celia's Gourmet Foods
                          Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Infused Olive Oils

Comment

All y'all have a good time at this one. We'll be skipping it this time.
                            2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali 4x4 Diesel
                            2017 Arctic Fox 22G.

Comment

Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

Old as dirt and twice as dusty is what your sayin???
                              Funny
                              Adam
                              07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Working...
                              X