No announcement yet.

Adam's 2019 NROA Rally - La Grande, Oregon - June 18th - June 23rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I clicked on the video and got the message that it was unavailable !
    BPofMD - Bud & Penny / Actively Retired Navy Vet
    2005 F250 6.0 - TorqLift Upper Overloads
    2007 Silver Fox 29-E 5th Wheel / Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Comment

• Originally posted by BPofMD View Post
      I clicked on the video and got the message that it was unavailable !
      Worked fine for us...
      Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

• I had to right click the vid and watch it via a new link. Too funny !
        BPofMD - Bud & Penny / Actively Retired Navy Vet
        2005 F250 6.0 - TorqLift Upper Overloads
        2007 Silver Fox 29-E 5th Wheel / Anderson Ultimate Hitch
        2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	2019 NROA Rally group photo.jpg Views:	40 Size:	729.3 KB ID:	291925

We've both checked the weather forecast, and it look like it's going to be a really nice rally year for temps. Mid to upper 70's for the most part, so much nicer than 100 plus--anyone remember that year... with no a/c in the building....or last years Olympic swim?...=)

Monday is here, and the building is getting all set up, we had some great help again putting out chairs, and getting the picnic tables under the Big Top. Thanks for the muscle guys!
          Pre -rally dinner was at Bud Jackson's Sportsmans Bar. This was our first year here, and it seemed to work out quite well. We had about 69 or so attend. Thanks Bud for having us all!

Tuesday we finished getting most of the prep done, and started with Bingo at 1pm. Next was the Meet and Greet at 6:30. We have a lot of new attendees this year, and even one couple that stumbled across our group ( a little in awe at all the Fox's in the campground) and even decided to stay a few days.
          We ended the night with Vernon and Sharon Elsasser, and a group around the campfire with S'mores. Vernon and Sharon have attended the fires every year now since 2011, we are very lucky to have them.

Wednesday Adam set up an obstacle course for the golf cart, and mini Nash trailer. There were items to avoid, a tennis ball that the driver had to throw into a pool while driving by (harder than you think because it kept bouncing out! ) 2 GREASED planks with Crisco to cross and a complete circle you had to go through (without knocking down things in the middle) and all the time staying within border flags through the whole course. Each driver was timed, and we had a Grand Winner David Follett with a time of 31.09! Awesome job! 2nd place was a tie and went to Gary Gregorius, and Dave Thomas, then Dave Sturgill (our first victim of the course) won the boobie prize which was the remaining can of Crisco....you are such a good sport Dave. =)

At 1:30 was the Ice Cream Social with every kind of topping you can imagine. Fresh cut strawberries, hot fudge, Hershey's syrup, brownies, nuts, cherries, gummy bears, and many many fresh fruits. Hopefully no one walked away wanting more.
          Shortly after was the White Elephant gift exchange. There are always some good laughs with this event. I was wondering how many times Gary Gregorius was going to have to choose yet another gift to unwrap. His was stolen so many times. There were a few return items, including what we were calling the "Chuckie doll" and the actual "white elephant." We did stop halfway through to sing Happy Birthday to Dave Sturgill (SOMEONE may have leaked that it was his birthday!)
          Thanks to Greg Barryman, and Ed Housted for helping out with the White Elephant as their voices are heard much better than mine, and thanks to our grand daughter Chantel for picking the numbers too!

At 3:15 several left for Northwoods Factory tour, then it was a somewhat quiet afternoon in the park until 6:30 when we met in the building for movie night, and popcorn. This year it was "Yours, Mine, and Ours" with Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda.

Thursday started out cloudy, cool, and it kept trying to spit rain. Kathy Nowalk came at 9 and we did the Ladd Marsh walk. In spite of the weather we had a good sized group participate, and they got to see quite a few birds including American Bitner, Virginia Rail, 2 different kinds of hawks and many more.

At 9:30 Adam did Bingo in the building, then at 10am Rich and some of his crew from Northwood came to sell sweatshirts, jackets, hats, bags, drink cups, and several other things at awesome prices. Being so cool out today the jackets and sweatshirts were selling quite well. At those prices how could you pass them up?

11 am Northwood did the trailer sealing class in front of the building. Which is always well attended.

Our 1:00 vendor from Zamp Solar didn't show. Stating they just forgot they said they would be there. So everyone had an afternoon of visiting or "chilling" in their trailers.
          Then at 3:00 MORryde did a fantastic class on suspension, disc brakes and tires. This fellow put on an amazing class, sharing all kinds of info without trying to selling anything to us. Just providing education!

We finished the day with a potluck at 6:30. Everything you could imagine was on those tables, and I think we all waddled away when it was over. =)
          It was pretty cool, out and the wind was blowing a bit, but we still finished the night by the fire. Vernon put some of his magic powder in the fire and we had all kinds of colored flames.

SkyMed started out Friday morning with donuts for everyone, and great info for insurance, and Northwood set up outside under the big selling more jackets, sweatshirts, cups, bags, and lots more. At 1:00 Bob Nelson did a class on Boondockerswelcome.com and HarvestHost.com. Great info if you would like to meet people and travel with your R.V. at a great price.
          After Bob was done, Housted did an inprompto class on Solar for those who where interested to make up for Zamp not showing up. He did an amazing job!

7pm was our social gathering hosted this year by Greg Barryman, and Bob Nelson. We managed to fill the building including the back canopy, and had the park owners join in. There was way more food than even 4 tables could hold, plenty of wine and several kinds of beer to sample along with coffee/tea for those who attend. We showed the video from the obstacle course that Northwood put together and it was set to music like in the Benny Hill movies and in fast forward. Pretty funny.
          Bob did also make an announcement for the golf winners, and there was a tie between Dave Thomas, and Phil Scott. Nice job guys! Just before dark I stepped outside and 2 of the kids from the park had a golf cart, and had made friends with 2 kids from our group, they were having such a good time riding all over the park together.
          After the social night we met by the fire for a few minutes, but by then it was already 10pm! A very full, but fun day.
          The crafty ladies started the morning, some working on cross stitch, many working on quilting, and a few knitters and crocheters were amongst the group. There were some beautiful quilting projects going on, and Kevin Manning even special delivered some warmed up lemon blueberry scones for everyone to try! Wow!
          Torklift did their class or seminar at 9:30, and then it was time for Northwood. They were getting set up for the raffle, while Bud Jackson and his crew were setting up for a catered lunch of BBQ ribs, chicken, broccoli salad, potato salad, beans and rolls. That is a pretty large crew to feed.
          The raffle went really well. Everyone from Northwood was introduced, and said how long they had been with the company. Then Donald Cochran started the raffle. He was the perfect voice to be calling those out. Socket sets, arctic fox chairs, arctic fox mats, arctic fox blankets, propane campfires, and folding tables were a few of the prizes.
          The grand prize was a Wireless camera back up system valued by NW at $600 and went to Rick and Chris! .
          For the rest of the afternoon everyone just hung out and visited, or went to their trailers for some down time.
          Sunday morning our group is always smaller as some have to hit the road early. We did still manage to mostly fill the building though, and clean up went super fast with so many helping hands. Before we knew it we were ready to head home.
          I am thankful that Ron and Sherry Nash started Northwood, or we wouldn't have met so many really nice people that we call our R.V. family.
          Many thanks to Northwood for all they do to help make this rally possible (you guys are AWESOME!)
          Safe travels to each and every one of you, --can't wait until next year!

Adam will post more photos when he catches up!

Comment

• That towing challenge was a challenge to just set up with the wind that was blowing! Those trees and rock foam obstacle where supported be lots of tape. I had a fantastic pit crew (unbeknownst to me) out there reassembling everything as needed!!! Just goes to show you how wonderful all these individuals who attend are, they saw an area where they could help and did. This event had a few twist that I did not expect like just how slippery crisco is when you apply it to 2x6 boards and that you can go fast enough in a golf cart to get it up on two wheels around the finish line corner......
            Adam
            2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
            07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
            07 AF31W Mod's
            Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

• Back up camera winner was in site 67
              Can’t remember his name
              Gordon-Mary Anne Sunny-Radar Rescue Dogs 2018 Arctic Fox 25W 2-12 volt Interstate Deep Cycle 2015 Chevrolet Crew Cab LTZ HD 2500 D/A 4x4 3.73 Leer Cab High Camper Shell Honda EU2000ia Zamp solar
              Equal-i-zer Hitch 1000 lb bars
              2018 Days Camped 65 Miles Towed 4702 Total Days 424 Towed Miles 26,360 Total Miles 38,063

Comment

• Thanks, according to my lists that would of been Rick and Chris. I will edit Donna's post with this info.
                Adam
                2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
                07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
                07 AF31W Mod's
                Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

Working...
                X