Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adam View Post

Wow Hope that repair went smooth!

We arrived safely and the canopies are up, got the welcome bags put together in only slightly more then three hours. Tomorrow will start decorating the "sewing hut" then set up the tables and chairs. Then start designing the back up course, Rich from Northwood and his crew went up and beyond designing this mini trailer for me as well as installing the hitch ball on the back of Ron's golf cart!!!!!!
    Donna & I will be there tomorrow about noon..... leave the keys in the cart, for pre-rally practicing please .
    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

• Oh no there will not be any practicing! Yesterday the cart ran out of battery juice as I was crossing the park grounds. I guess Northwood forgot to charge it. As I slowly came to a stop three young children approached me and asked what happened. I explained that I ran out of battery juice and was going to leave the cart parked here until I could find some help to push it to the nearest outlet. The oldest one said "Don't worry we all will keep an eye on it so no one messes with it". That gave me a chuckle as I could envision coming back for it and finding it up on blocks stripped like in the movies! An hour later when I came back with Donna to fetch it they were indeed keeping an eye on it,I gave each a NW hat for there good efforts.
      Adam
      2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
      07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
      07 AF31W Mod's
      Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

• Well another good night sleep, yesterday's set up went quite smoothly. Got some much needed help from Dave and Donna, Thanks guys! Heading home for Fathers day to spend it with my kids but will be back mid afternoon to knock a few more items off our list.
        Adam
        07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
        07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

• Well looks like the beginning of the week here at the Rally will be a damp one. All I can say is bring it on, we are RV'ers and do not melt when wet!
          https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...9#.WyemylVKjDc

The sound of rain does make for a fantastic night sleep!
          Adam
          07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

• Looks like the pre-rally party is in Boardman tonight. Pulled in about 8 and met Smokey, and I guess Will and others are here too. Plan on getting up early and getting to hotlakes before noon. One question, is heckling allowed at the blind backing competition?
            2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
            Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
            2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
            Celia's Gourmet Foods
            Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Infused Olive Oils

Comment

• One question, is heckling allowed at the blind backing competition?
              As long as the driver can clearly hear the passenger directing him or her! There will be a 3 min time limit per person. Also Northwood will be here to film it.
              I will start the sign up for the back up event at 2:00pm.

Tuesday - 19th

1:00pm - Bingo in Eagles Nest building

2:30pm - 3:30pm Blind man"s backing contest - This is a new idea for this year, I am having a mini Arctic Fox trailer made out of banners which will hook to the back of a golf cart. Two people will pair up, one driver and one guide. The driver will be blind folded and must navigate between cones forward to a stopping point then must back up to one side also marked out with cones as if backing into a RV site. It will be a timed event with time penalties for knocking over cones.

7:00pm - Welcome gathering - Rally Overview & Introductions in the Eagles Nest - First off I will be giving you all info about what's going on during the week and answering any questions you may have. Then we will all introduce ourselves.
              Adam
              07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

• QUOTE=Shotgun;n277807]Looks like the pre-rally party is in Boardman tonight. Pulled in about 8 and met Smokey, and I guess Will and others are here too.[/QUOTE]

This Will, at least, is at Phillips Lake not Boardman tonight. We came up 395 to 7 today and head out in the morning through Baker City and on to the rally.
                2001 F-350 V-10 4X4 CC 68,000 miles. Added Larger Transmission Cooler, Rear View Camera, ScanGauge II.
                2018 Nash 26N. 540W Solar, 2nd Bathroom Medicine Cabinet, Progressive Industries EMS, Two Recliners,
                2015 Nash 17K Previous

Let's Go Geocaching!

Comment

• Coffee's on in the Eagles nest
                  for those who are interested this morning
                  Adam
                  07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

• Originally posted by Will View Post
                    QUOTE=Shotgun;n277807]Looks like the pre-rally party is in Boardman tonight. Pulled in about 8 and met Smokey, and I guess Will and others are here too.

This Will, at least, is at Phillips Lake not Boardman tonight. We came up 395 to 7 today and head out in the morning through Baker City and on to the rally.

It's Will M. Came in the caravan with Rolland (and wife) and Mary and I, from Albany.
                    2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, B&W Companion Hitch. Rebuilt tranny, PakBrake Exhaust Brake, PakBrake Airbags w/ Wireless remote fill.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, TPMS TST 507, ARP Controller, Sailun G rated tires.

Comment

• We're not able to attend this year but did want to post a shout-out to Torklift. We saw the great GlowStep Revolution steps on Randy's 29-5L and had a set installed on our fiver, too. We love them. So many folks, in RV parks, have asked us about them...we could have sold at least six in the last week! So, if you get a discount from Torklift - follow-up on it. You'll be pleased.
                      2015- 27 5L, 2013 Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
                      Enhanced by dos gatos: Packett and Luucy

Comment

• Ok the Blindman's backing event is over below are some photo's and everyone's score/time. Each person was scored by a panel of impartial but slightly swayable judges!

Bill/Bob 56/3:34
                        Tommy/Galeyn 49/4:07
                        Ed/Scott 28/4:04
                        Karen/Garry 61/4:10
                        Ted/Beth 84/2:20
                        Michele/Alexis & Ethan 41/5:00
                        Karin/Mary 58/4:20
                        Ken/Diane 20/5:00
                        Tom/Gus 26/3:20
                        Donna/Brian 77/2:13
                        Bob/Betty 52/3:28
                        Adam - guided by all 95/2:41

Click image for larger version  Name:	100_0567.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.95 MB ID:	277823
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	100_0579.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.81 MB ID:	277824
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	100_0589.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.99 MB ID:	277825
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	100_0585.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.93 MB ID:	277826
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	100_0591.JPG Views:	2 Size:	1.71 MB ID:	277828
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	100_0592.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.98 MB ID:	277829
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	100_0593.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.12 MB ID:	277830
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	100_0601.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.83 MB ID:	277831
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	100_0603.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.69 MB ID:	277832
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	100_0604.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.01 MB ID:	277833
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	100_0605.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.94 MB ID:	277834
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	100_0606.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.02 MB ID:	277835

Attached Files
                        Adam
                        07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

• Wednesday 20th Rally schedule

I have posted the bus list in the eagle nest building. You will want to head down and see which bus you are on before Thursday morning.

9:00am - Michael Barnett from PERFORMANCE TRAILER BRAKING will be giving a talk on Disk brakes as well as be doing installations for those who pre-arrange through them. So if you are interested give them a call at least 1 month before the rally. (405) 626-7009

9am - 1:30pm - Come make a table runner or a wall hanging at the LA GRANDE QUILT SHOP This pattern can be used as a table topper, a wall hanging, baby quilt, and whatever else a person can think up.
                          The class is open to the first 10 that sign up and includes the pattern, the ruler needed to make this project, 4 hours of studio time, use of shop tools, and instruction. I would suggest that people have their fabric all ready prior to class, either bringing from home or shopping the day before at the quilt shop. So many details! Quilter's should bring their own machines.

The class can accommodate up to 10 people. People can sign up through me ( Mary Z ) I will be in contact with the quilt shop. People can email me if they want to see pictures. email address = purrfect-lady@comcast.net

La Grande Quilt shop contact info ; 1107 Washington Ave La Grande 541-663-1817

For questions or to join this class send an email to Mary Z - Email address = purrfect-lady@comcast.net

10:30am - Golfing For Grins: Heckling is not only allowed, it is encouraged!!!. Shotgun, Bowhunter and KandD will be setting up a little pitch and putt course around the RV park for nothing but fun and giggles. This will be a one club, one ball event that is open to everyone regardless of experience or ability. No need to bring your own club or ball if you don't have one, we will have plenty for you to borrow or share. Come have some fun and see how many balls Gus and the rest of us can put in the drink again this year. This event is free, but there is a possibility of a little side betting to add to the excitement.

2:00pm - Ice Cream Social - Meet at Eagle Nest. There will be Ice Cream (limited sugar free vanilla as well) with all the fixens to make a great sundae as well as all kinds of fresh fruit. Come and enjoy some great time together! Bowls, napkins & Silverware are provided

2:30pm - White Elephant gift exchange UNDER THE BIG TOP by the Eagle Nest. You don't have to participate; you can watch the fun but HAVE to bring something if you want something. This activity has become quite popular/lengthy so this year I will be limiting the gifts to one gift per RV site, no exceptions.
                          You give a wrapped gift and you receive one. The most fun ones are those where people are getting rid of something they don't want or use (new or in good shape is preferable) or an unwanted Christmas present. If purchasing something for this please keep the gifts worth to under $10.00. Could be a vase, knickknack, cd's, Tire pump, Purple Pig, Arctic Fox fix-it-kit, anything like that.

6:30pm Evening band Corey Peterson Band come on down with your favorite beverage in hand and enjoy the great music! Weather permitting it will be out behind the big top if the weather turns bad it will be inside the Eagles Nest.
                          Adam
                          07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

• Tonights band performance has been moved into Eagles Nest due to weather! Will be starting at the same time.
                            Adam
                            07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

• Well we got thunder,lightening, hail, and rain so the band downsized to a guitar and a violin, and played in the building for us. They were real troopers and did a great job!

For those going tomorrow on the bus please bring whatever gear you need as this is Eastern Oregon no one can predict the weather.........
                              Adam
                              07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

• Just got back into the trailer, our site is currently 4" under water. I think I will grab my fishing pole and open a window on the downwind side.....
                                Adam
                                07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Working...
                                X