No announcement yet.

Adam's 2018 NROA Rally - La Grande, Oregon - June 19th - June 24th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam, it sounds like you might need to budget in a chain and lock to keep it from getting moved around the RV Park....
    Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank, Titan Disc Brakes, MorRyde SRE4000

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

I got a call into vector control to get some feed back from the local experts. I have not heard of Northwood having anything maybe over there they do not have much trouble.
      Your probably right Rolland....would I need to start my search for my missing machine in your site?
      Maybe I just need something to create a breeze to keep them down
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2703.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	276370
      Adam
      2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
      07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
      07 AF31W Mod's
      Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

Naaaaa, Adam. As a first timer to the Rally, Iíll behave.

That fan reminds me of some of the inflator fans we used when we crewed for hot air balloons. Combine the fan with a big zapper should do.

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank, Titan Disc Brakes, MorRyde SRE4000

Comment

Well after putting a lot of time into multiple sites with reviews on each type of machine and visiting sites that talk about mosquito control I came to the conclusion that this is to complicated to deal with this year with all the "other stuff" I have going on. It appears you first have to identify which species of mosquitoes you have then it varies by each person blood type, diet, chemistry make up, genetics and a whole bunch of other stuff! So in the end I just purchased two additional bug zapper.....

I also read you can throw some Sage, Lemon balm & Citronella into the camp fire to ward them off. Maybe I will see if I can find some of this stuff to give it a try.
          Adam
          07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
          07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

[QUOTE=Adam] I also read you can throw some Sage, Lemon balm & Citronella into the camp fire /QUOTE]

BOOM!!! Pyrotechnics in the campfire this year LOL The sage and lemon balm might be good smelling, but throwing citronella in might just take out all the innocent bystanders as well as the mosquitoes.

What ever happened to having the area sprayed a little before the rally?
            2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
            Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
            2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
            Celia's Gourmet Foods
            Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Infused Olive Oils

Comment

I still put in my request for the spray which they do but wanted to do more.
              Adam
              07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Originally posted by Adam
                I still put in my request for the spray which they do but wanted to do more.
                How about some human decoys? We could hire some high school kids to stand in a circle outside the people around the fire, skeeters might go after them and leave the rest of us alone?
                2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
                Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
                2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
                Celia's Gourmet Foods
                Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Infused Olive Oils

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post

I also read you can throw some Sage, Lemon balm & Citronella into the camp fire to ward them off. Maybe I will see if I can find some of this stuff to give it a try.
                  Adam, what do you know about using Lemon Balm in a campfire? We have some in the yard so could cut some and bring along. If it needs dried we can cut it weeks earlier than the rally and set it in the sun before bagging it.

Im caravaning over with two retired LE so will make sure hey know itís not something recreational....

Comment

Originally posted by Rolland View Post
                    Im caravaning over with two retired LE so will make sure hey know itís not something recreational....
                    Hahahaha!!! Very funny.
                    2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, B&W Companion Hitch. Rebuilt tranny, PakBrake Exhaust Brake, PakBrake Airbags w/ Wireless remote fill.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, TPMS TST 507, ARP Controller, Sailun G rated tires.

Comment

Thanks Rolland, I read it on several sites while surfing for ideas and you know if its on the net it must be true! I figure if would be worth a try as I could not find anything negative posted. What I did not read was if it has to be dried or how much to add to the fire. This is one of the sites that recommended it .
                      Adam
                      07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Thanks Rolland, I read it on several sites while surfing for ideas and you know if its on the net it must be true! I figure if would be worth a try as I could not find anything negative posted. What I did not read was if it has to be dried or how much to add to the fire. This is one of the sites that recommended it .
                        I'm bringing my CS tear gas mask, just to be safe......
                        Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

What I did not read was if it has to be dried or how much to add to the fire.
                          I was I was told about this once years ago and was told to just throw handfuls of the green leaves into the fire to make it smoke. I never tried it specifically but since any kind of smoke pretty much repels the mosquitoes I'm not sure why it wouldn't work or what is special about lemon balm. All this mosquito talk is starting to get me worried! Is it really that bad?
                          2001 F-350 V-10 4X4 CC 68,000 miles. Added Larger Transmission Cooler, Rear View Camera, ScanGauge II.
                          2018 Nash 26N. 540W Solar, 2nd Bathroom Medicine Cabinet, Progressive Industries EMS, Two Recliners,
                          2015 Nash 17K Previous

Let's Go Geocaching!

Comment

Originally posted by Will View Post

I was I was told about this once years ago and was told to just throw handfuls of the green leaves into the fire to make it smoke. I never tried it specifically but since any kind of smoke pretty much repels the mosquitoes I'm not sure why it wouldn't work or what is special about lemon balm. All this mosquito talk is starting to get me worried! Is it really that bad?
                            There's a marsh nearby, but the bugs were not horrible.

A little mosquito spray containing DEET, did the trick for us last time.
                            Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Adam, reading the info on your link, I have this gut feeling it doesnít need dried. It talks about foraging around where camped which to means it isnít dried before putting on a campfire. Let me know if you want us to bring some along.

Comment

Yes, if you don't mind bring some as I would love to give it a try.
                                Adam
                                07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Working...
                                X