Adam's 2018 NROA Rally - La Grande, Oregon - June 19th - June 24th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post
    A couple of months ago, after the list of 2018 rally sites with member locations was released, the last row of the RV park (sites #88 - #100) was given the pre-judged moniker of "Rowdy Row".

Whether this description is accurate or warranted, is yet to be seen...

To assist the last 'back row folks' and to warn other campers, small children and animals, the following street sign will be posted.

Note: Vandalism, theft and/or redecorating the sign will be dealt with accordingly !

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_6257.JPG Views:	2 Size:	1.00 MB ID:	275227
    LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! The 'back row clan' will definately need to live up to certain standards you know. Or should I say live "down". I've heard rumors that both retired and current LEO's can be a rowdy bunch.
    2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, B&W Companion Hitch. Rebuilt tranny, PakBrake Exhaust Brake, PakBrake Airbags w/ Wireless remote fill.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, TPMS TST 507, ARP Controller, Sailun G rated tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Copper865 View Post
      I've heard rumors that both retired and current LEO's can be a rowdy bunch.
      Oh My .... I've never heard such a libelous, venomous and mischievous rumor in my life !
      Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Perhaps the Rowdy Row should come up with a secret password to keep the "peace" and easily identify friendly folk - can I suggest "Sheltie Lovers"?

Bill
        Bill, Mary, and Scottie
        2015 RAM 3500 Crew Cab, Long Bed, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin, SRW, Hensley BD-3 Hitch
        2017 AF 27-5L
        http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/719790.png

Comment

Sheltie Lovers works for us but I think Dave has a good idea with cookies....
          Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank, Titan Disc Brakes, MorRyde SRE4000

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

Erased to put it its own thread where it belongs. Sorry. Mods - Please delete this post. Thanks.
            2001 F-350 V-10 4X4 CC 68,000 miles. Added Larger Transmission Cooler, Rear View Camera, ScanGauge II.
            2018 Nash 26N. 540W Solar, 2nd Bathroom Medicine Cabinet, Progressive Industries EMS, Two Recliners,
            2015 Nash 17K Previous

Let's Go Geocaching!

Comment

30 days until the start of the rally!
              ----------------------------------
              2010 Dodge 1500 SLT 5.7 Hemi, TRX 4x4
              1997 Nash 25S Travel Trailer
              http://www.nroa2003.com/forum/fileda...photoid=221486

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                Ok I bit the bullet and ordered the Ghirardelli's, I expect to find golden chocolate in those cans!

Well its that time to include all of you in the fun!!! Below I have posted the volunteer list, just respond and I will add your name to the list.

2018 NROA Volunteer list - Be a part of the fun

MORNING & POT LUCK COFFEE
                Description = Make 2 pots of regular coffee, 1 pot of decaf coffee & 1 pot of hot water
                Started by 6am, clean up coffee pots at 12pm. Then again for the potluck @ 5pm on Thursday.

Tuesday - Sunday: Scott

EVENING CAMPFIRE
                Description = Start Campfire each evening around 7:30pm with split wood provided
                Wednesday - Saturday : Vernon

Wednesday - June 20th

Ice Cream Social – 12:30 pm @ Eagles Nest building to start set up.
                Description = Set out dishes, silverware, napkins. Slice up fruit, etc. Dish up ice cream during event.

Name: Ed
                Name: Gwen
                Name: Ralph
                Name: Beth
                Name: Karin
                Name: Mary
                Name:
                Name:

White Elephant 2:30pm – Hand out tickets to participates as they check in. Help call out numbers (person with good loud voice)

Name: Donna
                Name: Ed

Thursday - June 21st

Tour bus leaders – Head count onto bus at park and Joseph for return – plus hand out lunch tickets on bus
                Bus #1 Scott & Laura
                Bus #2 David & Donna

POTLUCK Dinner SET UP – 5:30pm
                Description = Make sure coffee & hot water is started. Clean & straighten tables/chairs. Put out dishes, silverware, napkins & supervise location of potluck dishes brought in.

Name Dave
                Name:Marie
                Name:
                Name:
                Name:
                Name:

POT LUCK Dinner CLEAN UP -
                Description = Put away left over dishes/silverware/napkins back in Potluck dinner tote. Clean & straighten tables/chairs, sweep floor, clean coffee pots & take out trash if needed.

Name:Mike
                Name:Cathy
                Name:Will
                Name:Barbera
                Name:Rich
                Name:Kristi

Sunday June 24th

POT LUCK BREAK FAST SET UP - 8:30am
                Description = Clean & straighten tables/chairs. Put out dishes, silverware, napkins & supervise location of potluck dishes brought in.

Name:Kirk
                Name:Kay
                Name:
                Name:

CLEAN UP OF THE EAGLE NEST FOR DEPARTURE - after potluck breakfast

Description = Can’t have to much help with this one! Don’t need to sign up for this just show up!

Tables = Wipe down all, separate out rental tables, Northwood tables(most are embossed with a Arctic Fox logo) from RV parks and place RV parks tables on rolling cart roll outside. Place rental tables inside of building extension canopy and place Northwood tables back on flat bed trailer
                Chairs = Wipe down all, separate out rental chairs, Northwood chairs from RV parks chairs. Place Rental chairs inside of the building extension canopy leaning them on the posts, place Northwood tables back on flat bed trailer and lean the RV parks chairs outside on the building so the building floors can be swept and mopped.
                Bathrooms = Clean sinks, toilets, restock paper items & sweep/mop floors
                Main building = Clean building sink & fridge. Make sure fridge is empty. Sweep floor & mop.
                Once dry place all chairs in the corner against the wall and roll tables into Eagles Nest.

Big Top Canopy = Remove all chairs and tables. Picnic tables just set to the side out of the way of the canopy coming down. All folding tables and chair move to the correct location for who owns them. As far as taking down the big top, will have to check with Matt on this one and post later with an answer.

Rental canopies = stay up - Eastern Oregon Rentals will handles these
                You can put Sherri and I on the ice-cream list.

Walter
                ----------------------------------
                2010 Dodge 1500 SLT 5.7 Hemi, TRX 4x4
                1997 Nash 25S Travel Trailer
                http://www.nroa2003.com/forum/fileda...photoid=221486

Comment

Originally posted by WalterG View Post
                  30 days until the start of the rally!
                  Only 30 days, are you sure???? Surly I have more then that left to get it all ready!

I also got your added to the Ice cream social....never any problem finding help for this activity!
                  Adam
                  2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
                  07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
                  07 AF31W Mod's
                  Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

Ok working on a few area's of the rally and one of them has to do with Mosquitoes ......the bug zappers I put out do fill up but looking around I see other options have been developed. Thought about getting one of the propane models but did not want to have to deal with keeping the tank full so while looking for reviews and forums on the subject this item seems to get more constant high marks then most. Any thoughts??? https://dynatrap.com/store/dt2000xlp-insect-trap/
                    Adam
                    07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
                    07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

Ok working on a few area's of the rally and one of them has to do with Mosquitoes ......the bug zappers I put out do fill up but looking around I see other options have been developed. Thought about getting one of the propane models but did not want to have to deal with keeping the tank full so while looking for reviews and forums on the subject this item seems to get more constant high marks then most. Any thoughts??? https://dynatrap.com/store/dt2000xlp-insect-trap/
                      With the wet grasses, nearby farmlands and the marsh ... you may need one next to each member's RV .

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

If you buy one or two, and they really work there may be a run on them by participants. Next year no bugs!
                        Neil and Marilyn and Beamer and Tuxie (felines)
                        2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax 6.6L 4x4 Double Cab LB, 5th Spring, Ride Rite Air Bags, Tires: 275/75R18 125/122 3640 lb rated, 40 gal Transfer Flow Aux Tank.

2016 Arctic Fox 27-5L, Progressive EMS HW30C Surge Protector, TST 507 TPMS w/Color, Sailun Tires G rated, 2 Smart Tool 2000's, Titan Disk Brakes.

Of all the things I've lost. I miss my mind the most :-)

Comment

I was working on something near the campfire in the evenings so the little buggers (mosquitoes) don't chase people off
                          Adam
                          07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

What I would really like is one of these units https://www.megacatch.com/shop/mosqu...aps/ultra.html but for just one weeks use its a little spendy. Wish the local rental places rented them.
                            Adam
                            07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

What I would really like is one of these units https://www.megacatch.com/shop/mosqu...aps/ultra.html but for just one weeks use its a little spendy. Wish the local rental places rented them.
                              Have you asked your Northwood contact, if the factory uses any type of mosquito device(s), that they would be willing to loan us for 5-6 days?

Comment

Well, I do remember leaving the campfire last couple years after a short stop, as mosquitoes were really bad! Also Adam..........I'm waiting to see if I get the back operation I need to make me comfortable on my feet. Based on if that happens before Rally, I will happily volunteer for whatever. Notably the Beer judging idea offered by Shotgun. I'm in, in any event. :-)
                                Neil and Marilyn and Beamer and Tuxie (felines)
                                2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax 6.6L 4x4 Double Cab LB, 5th Spring, Ride Rite Air Bags, Tires: 275/75R18 125/122 3640 lb rated, 40 gal Transfer Flow Aux Tank.

2016 Arctic Fox 27-5L, Progressive EMS HW30C Surge Protector, TST 507 TPMS w/Color, Sailun Tires G rated, 2 Smart Tool 2000's, Titan Disk Brakes.

Of all the things I've lost. I miss my mind the most :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X