No announcement yet.

Adam's 2017 NROA Rally - La Grande, Oregon - June 20th - June 25th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks from Donna and I and yes a absolutely great bunch of people pitching in where ever needed! Its so awesome!!!! The week went by so fast can not believe its just the potluck breakfast and it will be time to head home.
    Adam
    2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
    07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
    07 AF31W Mod's
    Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

• Ok the parents and us made it back home, got all the rally stuff put away and ready for next year. Donna is getting her rough draft of all the events written out and I will get it posted along with some photos tomorrow if I don't end up with any customers when I return to work.. I have to say for us the real fantastic finish to the BBQ and raffle was when Ron's kids drove Ron past with his window down and he was just waving away!
      Adam
      07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
      07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

• Just got back to campsite from the " after rally" dinner, we had 33 people for dinner. We went to Bud Jacksons Sportsman Bar and Grill. The whole dinning room was just our table, it was great. Thanks to Adam for a great rally and see you all next year
        2007 AF 25r 2005 Chev 2500hd with 8.1gas engine and alison tranny

Comment

• Got home to Eugene yesterday after a month long trip ending up at the rally in La Grande. This was our 7th year and we make every attempt to be there to see all of the friends and owners and to make new friends. As usual Adam and Donna do a great job and I was impressed with the presentations and everything else at the rally. Northwood is very supportive and I always feel they are the best manufacturer, bar none, of all that are out there as far as support, and building a decent and well built product. Not perfect, but neither am I! Stopped in Sisters for the night and saw my brother and made it back to Eugene on Monday by noon. Again, great rally, wonderful trip and I love my Arctic Fox!
          Dave & Marie Thomas* & Ruby the wonder dog

2016 Ford F-250 Crew Cab 4WD
          2011 AF27T Silver Fox Edition, DeBoe/DoMore Step,TST TPMS. Yamaha EF2400iSHC
          2009 Toyota Venza V6 AWD.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	2017 NROA Rally Group Photo.jpg Views:	2 Size:	972.8 KB ID:	253969

2017 Our 15th Rally!!

Below is Donna's write up

Several people approached us this year and said how much they enjoyed the rally, and you know after a bit of thought I HAVE to say that it’s because we end up with such a nice group of people each year! We have people that jump right in and help when needed, and we have groups that are really great about welcoming in the “newbies” and then there’s even more that have expanded on the rally with a camp trip before, or a dinner afterwards! Wouldn’t you say we have an awesome R.V. family?? It does our hearts so much good to see friendships developing, and memories being made.

This years rally started out with dinner at Mamacita’s on Monday night. They once again reserved the whole basement for our group, and we MORE than filled it! I think there were approx 60 in attendance.

On Tuesday we finished set up and did an early bird round of Bingo with prizes handed out to the winners. There were groans across the room as someone would yell Bingo! but then a warm hearted cheer as they claimed their prize.
            Tuesday evening brought the official start to the rally with the Meet and Greet in the building. …..and we had a wireless microphone so all could hear!! Yay!
            Adam started with announcements, then the park owners Mike and Tamarah Rysavy were introduced. After that each group introduced themselves and where they were from, along with their handle on the forum. I think there were a few surprises for people to discover that someone else was there from their home area! Boise and Meridian Idaho were well represented!
            Wednesday morning started with the Ladd Marsh walk with Cathy Norwalk. There were several that joined in and walked into the Marsh area to see some of the wildlife and learn more about this area.
            At 10am Jim and Donald came from Northwood to talk to us about their formal training program from Northwood for the salespeople. They hit on a lot of good points, and train their sales people for a career, not a job. In the beginning Northwood did not want to be the biggest, they wanted to be the best. A lot of their philosophies are based on Ron Nash’s rules. A few of them were

-Look every dealer/customer in the eye
            -Never want to have to apologize
            -Build surplus to keep employees working and anticipate additional demand

Some of their keys to creating quality were that materials matter, a sales person should be able to sell with confidence. Also if a salesperson were to buy, Ron wanted it to be one of his!
            At 1:30 was the ice cream social!! That has to be a favorite for many! There was, hot fudge sauce, peanuts, brownies, chocolate sauce, and even whipped cream. Tons of fresh fruit were available too including Klicker strawberries, fresh blueberries, cantaloupe, watermelon, grapes, and pineapple. A very special thanks to those that joined in before, and helped to cut up all the fruit. Adam and Joe even tried a “pineapple slicer” for the first time. It took 2 people, but seemed to work pretty well.
            The White elephant followed right on the heels and was a great hit as usual. There were some nice prizes, and a few that brought a groan or two. Guess what came back? The purple pig! Several prizes were stolen and frozen, and Greg had a big story going to help remember what was stolen! Too funny. Many thanks to Ed and to Greg for helping out with their big voices.
            At 6:30 Shawn and Arlene “Mud on the tires” did a talk about full timing. They have been on the road for about 6 years now, and had good points about how to handle mail, how to down size, and even more importantly great tips on the biggest challenges. Some of those were trailer maintenance, health care, propane, and grocery shopping.

Thursday am brought our very first webinar. Not without a few kinks for sure, but after working through those, we got to hear from Paul Unmack Owner/operator of ARP
            He was able to show us how a fridge being just 3 degrees off can overheat in a matter if minutes.

New and different this year was the golf chipping contest. Dad headed this one up with a little help from his grandson. We had a small group show up and try their luck. We may have practiced a few times waiting for it to start too! First prize for each contest was donated by PlugitRight. Winners were Jewel, Dave, Jim, Suzy and Doyle!

At 3pm those that were interested met at the Northwood office for a factory tour. Feed back was that the tour was great and Northwood stepped up to take care of anyone’s needs.

Ok that evening was the pot luck dinner. Need any more be said?? There were tables and tables and tables full of food, and if you walked away hungry----!!
            It was a great turn out, and it was so good to see people enjoying themselves. A few groups even stayed late.
            We ended the evening with movie night. John Wayne in McLintock. I was watching our grand daughter who is 13, and she just kept snickering through the movie. Everyone enjoyed popcorn, and a few laughs.
            And just like that its Friday already. Time flies so fast during the rally,
            As with each day of the rally we get to start the day with fresh hot coffee, many thanks to Scott for being an early riser and making that happen. Where would we be without our morning brew?
            The ladies gathered in the back tent, and had sewing machines and irons going making gorgeous quilt projects. There was also some crocheting, cross stitching and even paper beading going on. This is a pretty talented group.
            At 9am SkyMed came for their presentation.

10:30 was another round of Bingo! We had a full house, and even a 3 way tie on one of the games. A play off was done, and a winner named.

1pm was Safety seminars from the Union County Sheriffs office. Craig Ward did an awesome job, and was pretty entertaining at the same time.
            A few pointers while traveling out and about.
            -Notify someone of where you are going and how long you plan to be gone.
            -Leave a clear description of your vehicle in case you come up missing.
            -Do not post your plans on Social Media
            -He was a little hesitant on this one, but he said that if you can 2 large black numbers on the back and top of your R.V. can make it much easier for an officer to spot.
            -Carry minimal cash and jewelry with you while on the road.
            -Avoid road rage when possible
            - Know where you are going, a GPS is great, but also have a paper map with you.
            -When you reach your destination don’t forget to take your keys out of your towed vehicle.
            When you are out and about on foot
            -hike in pairs if possible
            -check for a cell signal
            -Be AWARE of things around you. Take the ear buds out!
            He also went over that if you have to call 911 please know where you are, and what exactly you are calling about! Have a full description of the situation, vehicle, person ect.

The La Grande fire dept followed up with the next class on Fires.
            We watched videos done by Mac The Fire Guy on smoke detectors, fire extinguishers and practicing using your escape window then they stood by to answer any questions anyone might have as did Greg…..Thank you Greg! All those that took the time to attend got a real eye opener on a subject most just don’t think about until they are experiencing it which is to late.

3:30 was factory tours again. Anyone interested met at the Northwood office.

7pm Social Night! What a great turn out! There were several tables full of amazing snacks, and many many wines to sample. What a great crowd!

Saturday the ladies went crazy creating more beautiful things in the tent, and at 9:30 Torklift was there showing their products. They packed the room with there one day only discount offering of 41% plus free shipping. These ladies really knew the product line and company history!

Then came Northwood feeding everyone lunch (yes we are eating again!) and the raffle that always follows. Each site won a prize, and then a drawing was done for the grand prize. Congratulations go to Jim and Penny Rutledge who won the Pit Boss Wood Pellet Grill.
            Saturday evening several gathered around the campfire with Adam wondering out at 9pm, he had fallen asleep and I was not about to wake him!

Sunday morning those who did not need to get a early start attended the potluck breakfast at 8:30am. This is the new time comprise after several said in past years that 9am was to late and the change to 8am was to early…… Then it was all hands on deck to get everything cleaned up, as before so many helped it was done in no time flat!

Now my turn!

Well until next year I just wanted to say thank you to all who attended. It all went well as I know it would, some parts just took a little more effort!

Rally photos Link
            Adam
            07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

• Thanks to Adam and Donna for another successful rally! This year our truck made it over and back home without a problem--really got a test when coming home Monday in the very hot weather (once hit 101 degrees) and no overheating problems like we had been having earlier this year. We had wind problems going west on I-84 in the Columbia gorge--planned to exit at Biggs Junction on 97 to Redmond, then west on 26 over the cascades, but made the mistake of exiting at Arlington to Condon, then west to Antelope--last leg was one of the slowest roads we've ever traveled--up and down, hairpin turns, zig-and-zag--really tested the poor old truck. Probably averaged 30 mph on that section over to highway 97. Temps were in the 90's most of the time until we got to the west side of the Cascades. Boy did 77 degrees feel great when we got home! Hope all went well with all of our members as they traveled on to the next destination. Looking forward to next year.
              Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
              2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires, Torque Lift Steps
              2017 RAM 2500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4x4, CTD, 8' Bed, Granite Crystal, new 7/1/17
              2003 DODGE 3500 SLT Quad Cab 244K mi. SOLD 7/20/17

Comment

• Thanks for the write up! I wasn't able to make it this year and your write up was like I was there! So thank you.
                Gary
                GaryQ
                2007 29-5T, 125 Solar Panels, Inverter, 5th Airborne Sidewinder Combo, Brake Smart Controller, Michelin 16" XPS RIB tires
                2001 Dodge CTD 2500, LB, Dana 80 4.10, AirBags, Smarty, DTT Trans w/Smart Controller, Mag-Hyrtec Trans & Differential Covers, 4 inch Exhaust, PacBrake, 60 Gal Tank

Comment

• Janet and I arrived back home yesterday to northern Cali. Took several extra days and a leisurely pace.
                  Thanks to Adam, Donna and all the volunteers that pitched in. Adam you do a magnificent job each year and it is much appreciated. The rally was great fun with old and new friends. We will be back next year.
                  2015 Nash 23D 2013 Ford F-150 Ecoboost screw, 4x4.

Comment

• Ok just got called out on this as I forgot to go back and post the link to the rally photos!

http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/nr...20NROA%20Rally
                    Adam
                    07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam View Post
                      Ok just got called out on this as I forgot to go back and post the link to the rally photos!

http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/nr...20NROA%20Rally
                      Nice! Thanks for posting the pics!
                      Bill, Mary, and Scottie
                      2015 RAM 3500 Crew Cab, Long Bed, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin, SRW, Hensley BD-3 Hitch
                      2017 AF 27-5L
                      http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/719790.png

Comment

• Great. Pictures were being taken of each recipient at the Northwood lottery...are they available?
                        2014 29-5K Silver Fox, Titan Disc brakes, TorkLift steps
                        2015 GMC Denali 3500 SW LB CC
                        B&W Companion hitch
                        GatorFox retractable and locking metal bed cover
                        25 gal portable Enduraplas aux tank (60 gal total)
                        Misty & Rugger rescue dogs 1 Aussie and a Lab

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                          Great. Pictures were being taken of each recipient at the Northwood lottery...are they available?
                          They were done by Northwood and I would have to check to see if they would share. Will shoot a quick email out and see what they say.
                          Adam
                          07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

• Ok NW got right back to me via dropbox and I have uploaded the photo's. Just use the same link.
                            '
                            Adam
                            07 AF31W Mod's

Comment

• Thanks Adam.
                              2014 29-5K Silver Fox, Titan Disc brakes, TorkLift steps
                              2015 GMC Denali 3500 SW LB CC
                              B&W Companion hitch
                              GatorFox retractable and locking metal bed cover
                              25 gal portable Enduraplas aux tank (60 gal total)
                              Misty & Rugger rescue dogs 1 Aussie and a Lab

Comment

Working...
                              X