We Have Decided

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Have Decided

Our last pair of dogs passed several years ago and there isn't a day that we don't miss them. We had them for 14 years and they died three months apart both with me holding them even though they were larger dogs. We just did not want to go through that again but we must be strange or something, life without dogs is really lonely to us. We are looking for two English Cream (white) Golden Retrievers now but wow are they costly. We must act soon or the dogs will outlive us.
    Bill
    Bill & Gloria
    2013 27-5L, B&W Companion, Reese 5th Airborne and Tri-Metric TM2025RV Battery Monitor. Honda EU2000i, Wired Rear View Camera. 2002 F350 7.3 Diesel, 6 Speed, LB, 4X4. To Many Mods To Even Talk About. US Navy Retired. NO NFL FOR ME.

I miss not having pets too, but Penny and I both say the grief of losing them isn't worth the joy (and work) of having them around.
    BPofMD - Bud & Penny / Actively Retired Navy Vet
    2005 F250 6.0 - TorqLift Upper Overloads
    2007 Silver Fox 29-E 5th Wheel / Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Comment

When a Furkid passes is about the saddest part of having them. Years ago I had a Cocker that passed. I learned how quiet a house is without them and soon after got my first Sheltie.
      Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank, Titan Disc Brakes, MorRyde SRE4000

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

I can understand what BPofMD said about the grief is just to much to go through again. That's why we waited so long to decide to get another pair of dogs. Our second dog to pass was a Husky/Shepard mix he weighed 135 pounds when he died and I was holding his head in my lap at the time. Some of you may think I am crazy but at the very second his heart quit I felt it like a shock through my body, I've never experienced anything like that before or after. It ripped my heart out in a matter speaking. Now we think we are ready to give it a shot again.
        Bill
        Bill & Gloria
        2013 27-5L, B&W Companion, Reese 5th Airborne and Tri-Metric TM2025RV Battery Monitor. Honda EU2000i, Wired Rear View Camera. 2002 F350 7.3 Diesel, 6 Speed, LB, 4X4. To Many Mods To Even Talk About. US Navy Retired. NO NFL FOR ME.

Comment

We have a GrandPup that visits us every day, and that is as close as we need to be to owning another dog. After the last 4 years without, and with our busy schedule and travel, we have found life very nice not having that extra responsibility to worry about. I would doubt that we will ever have a dog again. After 60 years of owning dogs, I find that hard to hear myself saying, but it is true....
          2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
          Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
          2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
          Celia's Gourmet Foods
          Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Infused Olive Oils

Comment

Originally posted by sonora108 View Post
            Some of you may think I am crazy but at the very second his heart quit I felt it like a shock through my body, I've never experienced anything like that before or after. It ripped my heart out in a matter speaking.
            Bill
            Bill, I don't think you're crazy, I just think you were just incredibly blessed to be a part of his spirit leaving his body for the next world, which I believe is the natural state of all living beings, human and otherwise. Your next dogs will be part of a very special family, with you.
            On another note, I like your signature, especially the last part. And I, for one, would love to hear about the mods you gave your truck...
            Debbie
            Debbie, Australian Shepherd Cosmo, Maine Coon cat Thunder
            2009 Arctic Fox 25R
            2004 F450 DRW, Bullet-proofed 6.0L, 4" exhaust, Bradford aluminum bed, 4:30 Final drive ratio. Plain ol' heavy duty hitch.
            2006 Sundowner 3 horse Living Quarters gooseneck
            Yes, I'm a Girl My Lord in a flatbed Ford.

Comment

We lean toward the whole "When one starts to wear out get another..." and staying at 2-3 dogs. That said, as we near retirement I'm not sure we will do the replacing....

That said, love those pups....

-Kyle
              2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
              • 4 pt Auto Level / 15k Single AC / 50 Amp (no Gen)
              • 3xFantastic Fans / 3xFantastic Covers
              • Sofa with Air Bed / Dinette / Slow Rise Shades
              • Factory 2" Receiver hitch
              • MODS
                • 195W Solar / Rear Camera / TPS / Flagpole Buddy / BMV-712
              2005 Ram 2500 (4 door / short bed)
              • CTD 6 speed / Husky 16k Slider / Air Bags / Pakbrake

Comment

Yep the grief of losing them, but pets are true friends. My Azzie, Maggie, died at 17-1/4 and Pounce my Maine Coon preceded her at only 6 years of age. Now have two young Tuxey cats. Black with white chests and feet. A barrel of fun. :-) But I long for my Golden Retriever, Abby. I miss my Maggie, My Abby, My Kobuk, My Tok, My Scamp, and more.................and of course Pounce. He was so much fun!
                Neil and Marilyn and Beamer and Tuxie (felines)
                2015 Chevy LTZ Duramax 6.6L 4x4 Double Cab LB, 40 gal Transfer Flow Aux Tank.

2016 Arctic Fox 27-5L, Progressive EMS HW30C Surge Protector, TST 507 TPMS w/Color, Sailun Tires G rated, 2 Smart Tool 2000's, Titan Disk Brakes.

Of all the things I've lost. I miss my mind the most :-)

Comment

Working...
                X