RIP Morgan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Morgan

I had to have our 13 yr. old standard poodle put down yesterday. He was the first dog I'd had that I raised from a puppy. His back legs had been going the past year, but the clincher was an open sore on one of his front legs that wouldn't heal. The vet was thinking tumor, and possible amputation. That wasn't an option, so that left me with one other choice. He crossed the Rainbow Bridge peacefully, and my world is a little smaller, a little sadder today. If you're not familiar with the Rainbow Bridge, google it. It's quite wonderful.
    Jim & Grace
    2011 2500HD 6.6L Duramax (SOLD)
    2016 AF 27-5L, Hensley BD-3 Hitch, 4 Point Leveling, Titan Disc Brakes (SOLD)
    2018 Audi Q5
    2008 Miniature Golden Doodle

We forget all too soon the things we thought we would never forget....

So sorry to you, my friend!
    BPofMD - Bud & Penny / Actively Retired Navy Vet
    2005 F250 6.0 - TorqLift Upper Overloads
    2007 Silver Fox 29-E 5th Wheel / Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Comment

Jim and Grace, so sorry for your loss. Pets are family, we can feel your loss.
      Steve and Bonnie
      2016 Arctic Fox 27-5L
      15K A/C, Thermopane Windows, Power Stabilizers, Maxxis 8008 Tires, Progressive Dynamics EMS (Hardwired), MaxAir Vent Covers.
      2013 Ram 3500, long bed, Dually, 6.7L Diesel. Anderson Ultimate Hitch(steel).

Comment

Sorry to read about your news, Jim. Our Furkids don't take much time to get us wrapped around their paws and give us there lifetime of unconditional love. Rainbows Bridge is a great place to give us peace after helping one cross the bridge.
        Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank, Titan Disc Brakes, MorRyde SRE4000

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

Sorry to hear this Jim. It is very difficult to loose our furry family members, as they provide unconditional love to us.
          Rich

2016 Chevrolet 3500HD LT Dually 4x4 DMax/Allison, B&W RVK 3700, Extreme Air Onboard Air Compressor
          2014 Arctic Fox 29 5T, TST 507 Tire Pressure Monitor, Honda 2000i Generator, Sailun S637 G Tires, Titan Disc Brakes

Semper Fi USMC 1981 - 1985

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/548548.png

Comment

Jim -

So sorry to hear. It's amazing how big a hole a small dog can make in your heart.

Bill

I guess a standard poodle isn't that small of a dog but you get my point.
            Bill, Mary, and Scottie
            2015 RAM 3500 Crew Cab, Long Bed, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin, SRW, Hensley BD-3 Hitch
            2017 AF 27-5L
            http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/719790.png

Comment

You did the kindest thing for your pet, allowing him to go to sleep and suffer no more. Sorry for your loss.
              Tony
              2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Crew Cab LB DRW 6.7 Cummins/Aisin 4.10,
              Curt Q24, 2015 Kawasaki Teryx 4 LE,
              2013 Artic Fox 29-5T Silver Fox,
              Four Cats and yes they travel with us.

Comment

I'm sorry. They sure have a way of worming their way into our hearts don't they? !!
                Jeanann
                2016 Artic Fox 29 5K
                2014 Dodge 3500 Diesel

Comment

So sorry for your loss. Even though the decision was the right one, its still hard.
                  2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, B&W Companion Hitch. Rebuilt tranny, PakBrake Exhaust Brake, PakBrake Airbags w/ Wireless remote fill.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, TPMS TST 507, ARP Controller, Sailun G rated tires.

Comment

So sorry Jim and Grace. Why does doing the right thing have to hurt so bad... Best wishes.
                    Peter and Fran
                    2016 AF 27-5L
                    , 50AMP, 4pt leveling, 10 Cu Ft Refrigerator, 15K AC + bedroom AC, Onan 5.5 generator, Progressive Dynamics EMSHW50C, Slide Toppers, TST 507 flow through with repeater, Cadet digital AC heater, 52" ceiling fan LED light, Dirt Devil CV1500 Central Vacuum, water filter system, 480 watt solar charger, 440 AH AGM battery bank, Magnum MS2012 2000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter/charger, TorkLift steps, SRE4000, 17.5" Alcoa rims, 7k axles

2017 F-450 Super Duty, B&W Companion

Comment

Originally posted by Jim7411 View Post
                      I had to have our 13 yr. old standard poodle put down yesterday. He was the first dog I'd had that I raised from a puppy. His back legs had been going the past year, but the clincher was an open sore on one of his front legs that wouldn't heal. The vet was thinking tumor, and possible amputation. That wasn't an option, so that left me with one other choice. He crossed the Rainbow Bridge peacefully, and my world is a little smaller, a little sadder today. If you're not familiar with the Rainbow Bridge, google it. It's quite wonderful.
                      I am sorry for your loss. I wouldn't be suprised if he is bouncing around playing with other standard poodles that are on the other side of the rainbow bridge. Our 10 yr old standard poodle crossed the rainbow bridge in September 2016.
                      2017 Ford F-350 XLT SC LB 6.7L Diesel 4x2 SRW
                      2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L w/slide-out toppers, 15K AC, bedroom fan vent w/remote/tstat/rain sensor, powered sliding stab jacks, 50 amp service, 2" receiver hitch, 480w solar, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, LevelMatePRO, Ford trailer camera & trailer TPMS

Comment

My thanks to all of you that posted. We may all have differing opinions on just about everything, but we can all agree on the passing of a beloved pet, regardless of the species. Yes, I'm including cats too. It's funny, from the corner of my eye I saw Morgan peering in the kitchen door, wondering what we were having for breakfast this morning.
                        Jim & Grace
                        2011 2500HD 6.6L Duramax (SOLD)
                        2016 AF 27-5L, Hensley BD-3 Hitch, 4 Point Leveling, Titan Disc Brakes (SOLD)
                        2018 Audi Q5
                        2008 Miniature Golden Doodle

We forget all too soon the things we thought we would never forget....

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope this photo might give some comfort.
                          Ramona Stephens a/k/a Cowgirl Road Warrior
                          2016 Nash 23D - Hoss
                          2010 Nash 17C - Little Joe
                          2013 dodge Ram 1500 HEMI
                          Yamaha 2000 generator, Andersen hitch
                          Cowpoke - Sitka - Aussiedoodle
                          Cowpoke - Penelope - tolerate tabby cat

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway"
                          John Wayne

Comment

Ramona Stephens a/k/a Cowgirl Road Warrior
                            2016 Nash 23D - Hoss
                            2010 Nash 17C - Little Joe
                            2013 dodge Ram 1500 HEMI
                            Yamaha 2000 generator, Andersen hitch
                            Cowpoke - Sitka - Aussiedoodle
                            Cowpoke - Penelope - tolerate tabby cat

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway"
                            John Wayne

Comment

So sorry to hear of your loss of Morgan. We know all to well the heart ache of losing one of our precious four legged friends. May you find comfort in his memories.

Arleen & Shawn
                              Shawn & Arleen
                              Retired Air Force weather forecasters, Full-timers since May 2011
                              2011 Arctic Fox 29V, 2010 Dodge Ram 2500

Travel log: http://mud-on-the-tires.blogspot.com/

We don't stop playing because we grow older, we grow older because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
                              X