Dog steps for the bed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog steps for the bed

Our first modification to the travel trailer were the dog steps. They are very lightweight. I put a towel on the laundry hatch to give our female an extra step. I found her laying on it this afternoon.

2015/3.0 Ecodiesel/Big Horn/1500/QCSB/4x4/8HP70

2016/Travel Trailer/Arctic Fox 22G/LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

Our smallest has problems ..our laundry hatch is under the stairs (w/o outside access) hence some confusion with one of the previous topics.

Has anyone built stairs for their dogs to access the bed ? ..at the end of our bed is a set of drawers...

Pic With the slide in...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1690.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	191431
    2001 Freightliner FL60 Sport Chassis, 3126b, Pac-Brake, Air Cab, Brakes & Suspension, Ultra Shift, McCall 5th Hitch with Binkley Head
    2010 Northwood Arctic Fox 29-5T (Silver Fox Edition)
    DW- Carol
    DD - '93
    DS- '95
    Faffy & Lulu, our Beagle co-pilots

"Ka ka ka ka haina mbaraka"

Comment

This is made of plastic and probably only good for dogs under 20 lbs (mine are 11 and 12 lbs each, so it is perfect)

On another note, what is a laundry hatch and why don't I have one lol?

Peace, Maria B, Bug n Bean
      Amazon.com : Solvit PupSTEP Plus Pet Stairs : Dog Stairs : Pet Supplies
      2nd owner of a 2014 NW Snow River 246RKS

Comment

We bought something similar to what MysticalMama posted. Our 8 lbs Yorkie loves it. Our bed sits so high its even hard for us to crawl into it. We bought a small step for Mary to use on her side and I use the carpeted frame up against the wall to gain a couple of inches to launch me into the bed. We placed the dog steps at the base of bed and up against the shared bedroom/bathroom wall. We lose the pass thru at the base of the bed, so we just use the bathroom pass thru. Much roomier anyway, don't have to walk sideways.
        2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, B&W Companion Hitch. Rebuilt tranny, PakBrake Exhaust Brake, PakBrake Airbags w/ Wireless remote fill.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, TPMS TST 507, ARP Controller, Sailun G rated tires.

Comment

Working...
        X