No announcement yet.

Exterior height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well thank you all for the good intel. Sounds like being very aware and possibly the RV GPS would be a great tool. Went ahead and put a deposit on the 2020 27-5L! Hope to pick it up next weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by RNP88 View Post
      Seriously considering purchasing a 2020 AF Grande Ronde 27-5l. However I am very concerned about the over all height of the trailer. Can anyone give me their experiences with pulling this high of trailer? On this one looks like several Maxxair vent covers are the highest points.
      After putting Fan-Tastic Vent Ultra Breeze Trailer Roof Vent Cover on our 2018 AF 27-5L, with one AC, we had the height of AF measured and the high point, at 13'7", was the front vent cover. We use a Garmin RV GPS with the height set to 14'. The routing works well when on truck routes. We have had it take us off interstate highways in the DFW area because the bridges were too low. We also pay attention to the signage for bridge heights esp. when off truck routes.

Our biggest problem has been campgrounds. We have had to leave one campground because the branches on trees at the start of the loop were too low. We have had to change campsites because tree branches over the campsite were too low. We have had sites were we could get into by branches were rubbing on the side or slide toppers, so we had to have rangers come and cut back the branches.
      Ralph & Beth
      Weatherford, TX

2017 Ford F-350 XLT SC LB 6.7L Diesel 4x2 SRW
      2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L w/slide-out toppers, 15K AC, bedroom fan vent w/remote/tstat/rain sensor, powered sliding stab jacks, 50 amp service, 2" receiver hitch, three 160w Renogy solar panels, Victron 100/50 MPPT solar controller , two Trojan T-125 batteries, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, LevelMatePRO, Smoke Ultra Breeze Vent Covers, Ford trailer camera & trailer TPMS

Comment

Originally posted by cobbfmly View Post

Our biggest problem has been campgrounds. We have had to leave one campground because the branches on trees at the start of the loop were too low. We have had to change campsites because tree branches over the campsite were too low. We have had sites were we could get into by branches were rubbing on the side or slide toppers, so we had to have rangers come and cut back the branches.
        THIS ^, THIS ^ and THIS^. I use a truckers atlas and a truckers app when route planning. I often go into street view to verify the current posted height of any questionable overpass or structure. After 6 years we have been fortunate to not experience any issues. In PA there was one bridge at 13'6" that made us very nervous, but following a commercial truck made us feel a bit better. BY FAR...the biggest issues for us in the east and midwest is navigating campgrounds and campsites. I carry trimmers and a bow saw and couldn't even venture a guess as to how many times I have needed to use them. I am a bit picky regarding my campsite in that I do not want any branches or shrubs contacting our trailer. When feasible I do get approval from the park manager or personnel before cutting anything.
        2016 Arctic Fox 32-5M, 1,150 watt Solar Panels (5 @ 170, 2 @ 150), 2 Life Blue 200 Amp hr lithium batteries, Victron Blue Solar MPPT 150/85 Controller, MS2812 Magnum Pure Sine Inverter/Charger, 5.5 Onan LP Gen, 6pt leveling system, 2nd 13.5k A/C, Slide Toppers, Fireplace, King Bed, Central Vac. Hardwired Surge Guard Model 34560, rear view camera, clear entry door window,

2016 Ford F-450 Lariat. B&W Companion Hitch. Remax Bed Roll Cover, Bed Carpet.

Winter in Florida, traveling other seasons.

Comment

Make sure you measure once hooked up. It can make difference. I was 13-5 but once hooked up was down to 13-3 in my 32-5 m. Measurements were with laser pocket level so feel pretty good about the results.
          2017 Chevy Duramax 3500 LTZ DRW + 50 gal Transfer flow Aux Tank + Trailer Saver BD-5
          2020 Arctic Fox 32-5m with all bells and whistles. Disc Brakes - Easy starts - RV airflow - 17.5 wheels - Sailun 637 H rated tires

Comment

Working...
          X