Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, New NROA member and future AF 28-5C owner! Currently own a beautiful 2019 Outdoors RV 250RDS Titanium bumper pull and decided to make the jump to a fifth wheel so I ordered one with lots of bells and whistles ... now I wait. I have had two other trailers one of which was a Grand Design and was soured on the build quality (IMO - Grand Design has become too popular and pushes trailers out the door with all kinds of quality control issues, i have two relatives that recently bought Reflection fivers) so I went with the ORV and have not been disappointed. With over 20 outings I have not had any issues which is why I stuck with the Northwood family when I found the 32ft AF 28-5C, hopeful that I will have similar luck with the quality. Anyway, happy I found the NROA and look forward to learning about and discussing Artic Fox/Northwood trailers. Coop
    Steve & Cindy
    2022 AF 28-5C 5th wheel - on order
    2019 Outdoors RV 250RDS Titanium
    2019 GMC 3500 Denali

Welcome to the forum Coop.....
    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Hope you don't have to wait for too long for the 28-5. When we ordered our 27-5 in 2016 I included the 5.5kW Onan. If I had it to do over again I would have used the generator money toward a good portable generator, as well as the solar and batteries we use 99% of the time. Our generator has only 12 hours on it in 5 years. Milage may differ for others though, just something to consider if you ordered with a generator.
      Randy & Connie
      Walnut Creek, CA
      2016 6.7L Ford F-350 SRW, EEZ TPMS
      2016 27-5L, 5.5kW Gen, 600W Solar, 500Ah AGM, Hybrid 3kW Inverter, plus a couple other Mods.

Comment

Thanks for the insight, I did not order a genset because I really like all that storages front. I’m with you about a portable and spending the money on solar upgrades, thanks! Coop
        Steve & Cindy
        2022 AF 28-5C 5th wheel - on order
        2019 Outdoors RV 250RDS Titanium
        2019 GMC 3500 Denali

Comment

Spending your money on Upgrades, this crew can certainly help you out on..... It CAN GET EXPENSIVE, I know that already, but in all fairness I had already planned to do this prior to purchase of my 28 5C. The first part is done, or at least mostly done. More to do, but mine is getting some warranty repairs done & a few extras, while it is in the shop.

I left the campground this morning & it was in the shop this afternoon, for a few days.

But I will Tease you with a few pics, of my basement mods. Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery Bank Location.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	416.0 KB
ID:	310618 Click image for larger version

Name:	Duplex 2 AWG Run.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	279.1 KB
ID:	310619 Click image for larger version

Name:	Combiner Box.jpg
Size:	274.1 KB
ID:	310620 Click image for larger version

Name:	Test Run & Battery Charge.jpg
Size:	485.8 KB
ID:	310621
          2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax SRW CC
          2020 AF 28-5C with OEM + 570 Watts Solar (so far), 3@ Slide Toppers. Hard wired Surge protection added, Multiplus Inverter, Solar Controller, BMV 712 Monitor & Battery upgrades in progress..

Comment

Working...
          X