We Are Not Spontaneous, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Are Not Spontaneous, but...

In another thread I told of heading to La grande, OR last Friday to look at a 2019 25Y that was on sale at Thunder RV. My hip surgery last summer had kind of set back our plans to buy a larger rig and the lovely Mrs Professor and myself were just looking for an excuse to take a road trip after being stuck at home for weeks and weeks. The 2019 was OK and the price was right, but we weren’t motivated. Then we looked at the 2020. Nice. Dumb steps, but...nice. We went back to the showroom to give the keys back, sat down, chatted with Mike, and Mrs. Prof looked sideways at me and said, “We’d like to buy the 2020.” WHAT? We’ve been saving for the eight years since we bought the 22H to buy a bigger TT to hold grandkiddies. But I’m not ready yet. I’m old, we were just looking, I may have Covid, I told the college I’m retiring, my finger hurts, there are Asian hornets close by. Unfortunately, Mike pitched us a pretty fair deal. We bit. Transferred the money yesterday.

2020 25Y, Rockers, fireplace, 15K ac, etc, etc. I’ve got to admit I am pretty excited.
    Mark and Anita
    2020 25Y dutifully following a 2014 F-350 diesel SB

Congratulations on your new family member...... the grand-kids will love traveling with grandma & grandpa !
    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Congratulations....the 25-Y is a great trailer and floor plan. Don't let Mrs Professor look at any other models. It can get expensive.
      2019 Dodge Laramie 4x4, 3500 CTD, SRW, crew cab, Reese 16K Slider hitch

2019 Arctic Fox 27-5L, 320w solar system, Trimetric 2030 Solar Charge Controller, Trimetric 2030 Battery Monitor, Magnum 400 inverter, TST 507 tire monitor
      2015 Arctic Fox 25-Y sold

Comment

Wow! Contratulations1 That is a real upgrade from the good old 22H!
        Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
        2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires, Torque Lift Steps
        2017 RAM 2500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4x4, CTD, 8' Bed, Granite Crystal, new 7/1/17
        2018 Prius IV, new December 2018

Comment

Congratulations! We love our 25Y
          Steve & Brenda and Our Cocker Spaniel Bella
          2019 RAM Diesel Laramie Crew cab 4x4
          2017 Arctic Fox 25Y, Blue Ox Sway Pro, Lippert Center Point Suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste & Bre View Post
            Congratulations! We love our 25Y
            Thunder RV is holding it for us until I’m done at school. And then the first thing I will do is redo the slide electrical junction box underneath, pursuant to your post a while back. There are other preventative measures to take and it’s nice to be able to follow the footsteps of others on the forum. Thank you to those who post problems and fixes.
            Mark and Anita
            2020 25Y dutifully following a 2014 F-350 diesel SB

Comment

I agree that would be the first thing I would redo.
              One of the simplest mods I have done has turned out to be very useful. Plumbing the fill for the fresh water tank into the city water was easy and makes filling much quicker if we are hooked to city water and will be moving to a dry spot. Here is the link.

https://www.nroa2003.com/forum/forum...ron-city-water
              Steve & Brenda and Our Cocker Spaniel Bella
              2019 RAM Diesel Laramie Crew cab 4x4
              2017 Arctic Fox 25Y, Blue Ox Sway Pro, Lippert Center Point Suspension.

Comment

So jealous, that is the exact step up we want to take with our 22H... Congrats!!!
                2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
                Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
                2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
                Celia's Gourmet Foods
                Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Infused Olive Oils

Comment

Green with envy here. I love the floorpan of the 25Y. Would love to jump up to that model from our old 29-V, but Mark won't go for it. Congratulations!
                  Mark & Pat
                  2002 Nash 29-V
                  2004 GMC 2500 Diesel Extended Cab/Short Bed

Comment

Stil like the 22H but you got me thinking
                    2013 AF 22H, trimetric 2030, sc2030, 2-160 watt panels, 2- 6 volt crown 235crown, F250 7.3 smoker

Comment

Working...
                    X