Please Visit Our Sponsors

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new Arctic Fox trailer parked nearby...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new Arctic Fox trailer parked nearby...

While camped at Cape Disappointment State Park September 30th we were excited to see a new Arctic Fox trailer pull in close by. The following day we had a chance to meet the owner and see if they too were on the NROA site. We were saddened to hear his story. He had researched diligently and decided the Arctic Fox was the best unit for his dollar only to be let down. The dealer he picked in Sumner Washington had not made sure the trailer was fit to sell and the new owner found it unusable. The unit was returned to Sumner where it sat for 55 days waiting for 14 items to be fixed. When they picked it up only two of the fourteen items had been addressed. Also, they found evidence that someone had been living in their trailer and caused damage while it was at the dealer’s lot. They were told to take it up with their own insurance, that the dealer was not responsible for damage that occurs while on their lot. It took them hours of cleaning to remove the filth.

They did contact Northwood and drove the trailer there for some major repairs. It is now usable but many items are still not fixed from the original list. He was asked if one of the repairs was good enough. He has the new gray exterior and now after being repaired it has a white door. Good enough?

I sure hope all ends well for this family by the time it all gets sorted out. We were at a loss for words but wished him well.

He looked into the process and it was news to us. He was told it is too expensive to stop production and fix items on the line so it is up to the dealer to make repairs after the unit is delivered. Depending on the dealer that may go well or in this case, not well at all. That process is sure not what we heard when on our tour. Have things changed?

I gave him our forum address and I hope he lets us know how the journey with his new Arctic Fox is going.

Peter and Fran
    2016 AF 27-5L
    , 50AMP, 4pt leveling, 10 Cu Ft Refrigerator, 15K AC + bedroom AC, Onan 5.5 generator, Progressive Dynamics EMSHW50C, Slide Toppers, TST 507 flow through with repeater, Cadet digital AC heater, 52" ceiling fan LED light, Dirt Devil CV1500 Central Vacuum, water filter system, 480 watt solar charger, 440 AH AGM battery bank, Magnum MS2012 2000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter/charger, TorkLift steps, SRE4000, 17.5" Alcoa rims, 7k axles

2017 F-450 Super Duty, B&W Companion

I hope he knows that he does NOT HAVE to go to the selling dealer for warranty repairs ! I'd be taking it to a REAL dealer. And "itching" (with a B) real good at the factory !
    BPofMD - Bud & Penny / Actively Retired Navy Vet
    2005 F250 6.0 - TorqLift Upper Overloads
    2007 Silver Fox 29-E 5th Wheel / Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Comment

That's a nightmare for sure.

Hopefully, the buyer is documenting (with photographs) his damage / repair issues for reimbursement for his fuel, loss of use, etc. from that Sumner dealer.

I'm not going to name the only NW dealer in Sumner, but that dealership has a very low customer review rating on the internet.

I'm not a fan of someone willy-nilly filing a lawsuit, but in this case, there may be merit.

As BPofMD pointed out, the buyer can go to any NW dealer for repairs and/or to an independent repair shop (with NW approval) to get his 'new' trailer back to new condition.
      Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Wow! What a horror story. That's being a consumer these days though, sometimes it's a leap of faith to expect to be treated fairly at all.
        Brian & Christi
        Calgary, Alberta, Canada
        2016 Arctic Fox 24J
        2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost Crew Cab Short Box 4X4

Comment

I can’t believe Northwood’s accepted the trailer for repairs and let it leave the factory in other than perfect condition. Shame on Northwood’s, Ron would have never let that happen. The dealer should have the Northwood’s franchise revoked!
          2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD Dually 6 liter Gas, DC, LB, 4.10's, 2016 AF 990

Comment

Working...
          X