rear stab jacks and 6 pt leveling system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear stab jacks and 6 pt leveling system

I Just had a thought that maybe this crew could help me with. I ordered my soon to be 32-5m with the rear powered stab jacks. I want to verify that by me ordering this, it does delete the 6 pt leveling system. I just wasnt sure if this was a trigger to delete the 6 pt leveling system. Hopefully this rambling makes sense.
    2017 Chevy Duramax 3500 LTZ DRW + 50 gal Transfer flow Aux Tank + Trailer Saver BD-5
    2015 Glacier Peak 28rks + Titan Disc Brakes + MorRyde SRE 4000 suspension + Steadfast stabilizer
    Arctic Fox 32-5m on order due September 2019

I believe it would delete them. Check with dealer to confirm. I added 4 pt to my 27-5 so I have them but it's so stabile now that I have never used them and can't imagine them being an asset.
    Ken and Rita Madsen
    2018 GMC 3500 Duramax, 2016 27-5L AF

Comment

I just called the dealer and they said the 6 pt is still included even with rear stab jacks. I never think to call the dealer about stuff as they seem like they are not the sharpest knife in the drawer but at least this time they had an answer
      2017 Chevy Duramax 3500 LTZ DRW + 50 gal Transfer flow Aux Tank + Trailer Saver BD-5
      2015 Glacier Peak 28rks + Titan Disc Brakes + MorRyde SRE 4000 suspension + Steadfast stabilizer

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Chip View Post
        I just called the dealer and they said the 6 pt is still included even with rear stab jacks. I never think to call the dealer about stuff as they seem like they are not the sharpest knife in the drawer but at least this time they had an answer
        That doesn't make sense...

The rear jacks would be useless, with the 6-point stabilizer system installed.

We have the 6-point system (love it!), and our 29-5T did not come with the rear jacks.

I would call Northwood to confirm.
        Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post

That doesn't make sense...

The rear jacks would be useless, with the 6-point stabilizer system installed.

We have the 6-point system (love it!), and our 29-5T did not come with the rear jacks.

I would call Northwood to confirm.
          Called a guy named Clint at the factory. Indeed the 6 point leveling and the rear stab jacks are in the build. Go figure

Comment

I would ask the dealer to delete them from the order if possible. I did the same as MtCamper and got the 4 Pt and the stab jacks. I have yet to use them and as they are an option on the 27-5L I paid extra for them.
            Tom & Lynn
            2018 F350 DRW 6.7 Powerstroke
            2019 AF 27-5L

Comment

It's a long story, but short version is Northwood was going to add rear stabilizers with the 6pt leveling on our 32-5m. But the factory questioned it, called our dealer who called us and we told them not to. So, at least in 2016 they would build it that way.

I guess in certain situations they may actually be useful if you only dropped the front Jack's and didn't auto level.
              2016 Arctic Fox 32-5M, 300 watt Zamp Solar Kit, 30 Amp controller, 2 T105 Trojan 6 volts, 5.5 Onan LP Generator, 6pt leveling system, 2nd 13.5k A/C, Slide Toppers, Fireplace, King Bed, Central Vac. Hardwired Surge Guard Model 34560, rear view camera, clear entry door window,

2016 Ford F-450 Lariat. B&W Companion Hitch. Remax Bed Roll Cover, Bed Carpet.

Winter in Florida, traveling during the other seasons.

Comment

Looks like your dealer checked the order boxes, for both the rear manual jacks and the 6-point system, instead of ordering one-or-the-other.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Sorry for this - but what are "stab jacks"? I have the 4pt auto on board and have been pondering more stability.....

2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
                  • 4 pt Auto Level / 15k Single AC / 50 Amp (no Gen)
                  • 3xFantastic Fans / 3xFantastic Covers
                  • Sofa with Air Bed / Dinette / Slow Rise Shades
                  • Factory 2" Receiver hitch
                  • MODS
                    • 195W Solar / Rear Camera / TPS / Flagpole Buddy / BMV-712
                  2015 Chevy 3500 Dually LTZ
                  • Duramax / B&W Turnover w/Companion / 40 Gal transfer tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Chakara View Post
                    Sorry for this - but what are "stab jacks"? I have the 4pt auto on board and have been pondering more stability.....
                    X-Chocks come highly recommended by many members.

We've used them for 4+ years and eliminate movement of the tires & suspension while parked.

https://www.amazon.com/X-Chock-Wheel.../dp/B002XLHUQG

Comment

Originally posted by Chakara View Post
                      On the 27-5L, the rear stabilizers are behind the rear wheels but forward of the rear of the trailer. The stab jacks are powered stabilizers with individual controls that are mounted at the rear corners. I have both the 4 point leveling system and the stab jacks but have yet to use the stab jacks.
                      Tom & Lynn
                      2018 F350 DRW 6.7 Powerstroke
                      2019 AF 27-5L

Comment

FWIW, I kept the JT Strongarm braces off our previous fifth wheel and finally installed them before our last trip. What a difference these made in getting the rocking out when set up. Ours has the 4 point leveling and we have used X-Chocks, the rear has always been pretty stable but could always tell when someone is in the bathroom or bedroom. Not any more. At least on ours I donít think the rear stab jacks would do much improvement but that could very well be different on a longer fifth wheel
                        Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank, Titan Disc Brakes, MorRyde SRE4000

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

Has anyone tried these? Look similar to Rolland 's JT Strongarm's - - but easier to setup....

The STEADYfast Stabilizing System stops the shaking in parked fifth wheel and RV travel trailers. It is a very easy to use system.
                          2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
                          • 4 pt Auto Level / 15k Single AC / 50 Amp (no Gen)
                          • 3xFantastic Fans / 3xFantastic Covers
                          • Sofa with Air Bed / Dinette / Slow Rise Shades
                          • Factory 2" Receiver hitch
                          • MODS
                            • 195W Solar / Rear Camera / TPS / Flagpole Buddy / BMV-712
                          2015 Chevy 3500 Dually LTZ
                          • Duramax / B&W Turnover w/Companion / 40 Gal transfer tank.

Comment

Chakara, Iíve not tried them but have heard they are just as stable as JT Strongarmís and with fewer points to tighten.

My decision when getting the JT Strongarms with our previous fifth wheel was purely $$. The dealer we purchased it from had a discount for a limited period to use in their parts department so it cut the cost just about in half.

Either way they are a good addition.
                            Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank, Titan Disc Brakes, MorRyde SRE4000

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

Working...
                            X