Manufacturing times / lines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manufacturing times / lines

I understand the NW units are manufactured in batches so when you order a new unit it might be a few weeks up to several months.

Is there a schedule of which units / floor plans are due to be manufactured? Asking this because that might help us determine which dealership to order through based on our travel schedules.

Do you know how many units are manufactured at a time and how long it takes from start to finish? I know there are a couple of manufacturers in Indiana that are pushing things so fast it's really creating quality issues. I'd rather be patient and have a quality product.
    D&R Nomads
    Full time RVers
    In search of a new 5th wheel
    Current 5th wheel: SOB, 2012 Ford F450

It depends on the model you are buying. It will be over a 6 month wait for our 29-5T. I would ask Northwood directly about schedule but from what I have seen its all about demand. Current run attached.
    Attached Files
    29-5T on order

Comment

The timeline is available a few months in advance by calling Northwood. It is an estimate but can give a good idea. We just missed a run on our 17K back in 2014 so because that model was then only built once or twice a year, we waited 10 months, I think, to get it. I think we were finally given a timeline estimate about 2-1/2 months out. On our 26N, we ordered and were told the next run was in about 4 months. When it got to about 2 months out, Northwood told us the week they thought the run would start. It was actually begun about 2 weeks before that.
      2001 F-350 V-10 4X4 CC 68,000 miles. Added Larger Transmission Cooler, Rear View Camera, ScanGauge II.
      2018 Nash 26N. 540W Solar, 2nd Bathroom Medicine Cabinet, Progressive Industries EMS, Two Recliners,
      2015 Nash 17K Previous

Let's Go Geocaching!

Comment

There's only a finite number of units built within a week's model build run.

When we ordered our 2016 29-5T, we waited a few months after ordering, until delivery.

As soon as we paid a deposit through our dealer, Northwood confirmed our place on the build list and gave us a date (within a week) of the exact build date.

If you hold off ordering to just before the next line with a popular model, other dealer orders might force you to wait (because of a full line already bought) until the next line (months more?).

If you call Northwood, they can give you an approximate week period for the next build of your model.
        Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post
          If you hold off ordering to just before the next line with a popular model, other dealer orders might force you to wait (because of a full line already bought) until the next line (months more?).
          We ordered our 2018 27-5L in May 2017 about 2 days before there could be no changes made to units scheduled for the July run. Rather than ordering another unit, which would not have been built in the July run, our dealer modified the order for one of the units they had already ordered for the lot and was going to be built in the July run.

2017 Ford F-350 XLT SC LB 6.7L Diesel 4x2 SRW
          2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L w/slide-out toppers, 15K AC, bedroom fan vent w/remote/tstat/rain sensor, powered sliding stab jacks, 50 amp service, 2" receiver hitch, 480w solar, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, LevelMatePRO, Ford trailer camera & trailer TPMS

Comment

Originally posted by cobbfmly View Post
            We ordered our 2018 27-5L in May 2017 about 2 days before there could be no changes made to units scheduled for the July run. Rather than ordering another unit, which would not have been built in the July run, our dealer modified the order for one of the units they had already ordered for the lot and was going to be built in the July run.
            Talk about good luck ...
            Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

our dealer modified the order for one of the units they had already ordered for the lot and was going to be built in the July run.
              That's what we did as well.
              Tom & Lynn
              2018 F350 DRW 6.7 Powerstroke
              2019 AF 27-5L

Comment

Same thing with my order. Just changed an order that was coming.
                2017 Chevy Duramax 3500 LTZ DRW + 50 gal Transfer flow Aux Tank + Trailer Saver BD-5
                2015 Glacier Peak 28rks + Titan Disc Brakes + MorRyde SRE 4000 suspension + Steadfast stabilizer
                Hopefully Soon to be owner of Arctic Fox 32-5m

Comment

Working...
                X