32-5m corplast underbelly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32-5m corplast underbelly

I have not gotten to touch a 32-5m yet but I did walk a 35-5z this morning. I was confused as to why the corplast underbelly stopped at the dropdown frame meaning the back 2/3 of the underbelly was just framing and no insulation or corplast. Being that I'm most interested in the 32-5m, I am asking if the 32-5m has the insulation and corplast through out the entire underbelly ?
    2017 Chevy Duramax 3500 LTZ DRW + 50 gal Transfer flow Aux Tank + Trailer Saver BD-5
    2015 Glacier Peak 28rks + Titan Disc Brakes + MorRyde SRE 4000 suspension + Steadfast stabilizer
    Hopefully Soon to be owner of Arctic Fox 32-5m

The 32-5M is a very nice unit. I can't speak directly about the 32-5M, but generally on the NW 5th wheel trailers:

The entire floor of all the Northwood trailers are insulated. The areas where the Corplast is located that you are probably noticing, is where the tanks are secured below the flooring.

To insulate the tanks, Northwood placed insulation around the tanks and then applied the Corplast, to keep the insulation dry. On the 5th wheels, that area around the tanks is also kept from freezing, via a furnace duct outlet. The basement main storage area is also fed warm air via the furnace.

We were in 13 degree snowy weather in January on a trip, and the tanks / plumbing never froze nor the food in the basement area.
    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post
      The 32-5M is a very nice unit. I can't speak directly about the 32-5M, but generally on the NW 5th wheel trailers:

The entire floor of all the Northwood trailers are insulated. The areas where the Corplast is located that you are probably noticing, is where the tanks are secured below the flooring.

To insulate the tanks, Northwood placed insulation around the tanks and then applied the Corplast, to keep the insulation dry. On the 5th wheels, that area around the tanks is also kept from freezing, via a furnace duct outlet. The basement main storage area is also fed warm air via the furnace.

We were in 13 degree snowy weather in January on a trip, and the tanks / plumbing never froze nor the food in the basement area.
      Hmm, Not sure what was going on with the brand new 35-5z I was looking at. The entire back 2/3rds had no corplast. Just framing and you could see up to bottom of the black fabric that the subfloor sits on.

2017 Chevy Duramax 3500 LTZ DRW + 50 gal Transfer flow Aux Tank + Trailer Saver BD-5
      2015 Glacier Peak 28rks + Titan Disc Brakes + MorRyde SRE 4000 suspension + Steadfast stabilizer

Comment

Yep no tanks=no corplast
        Same on my 27-5l
        2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel
        2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,built in surge suppressor, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Art View Post
          Yep no tanks=no corplast
          Same on my 27-5l

Where does the floor insulation sit then in the non corplast area?

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Chip View Post

Where does the floor insulation sit then in the non corplast area?
            Floor is a sandwich with insulation and heating vents between them.
            If your trailer is this one http://outdoorsrvmfg.com/glacier-peak-f28rks-titanium/
            then I bet your floor is the same thing as it is a sister company of NW. http://outdoorsrvmfg.com/about/ vs http://northwoodmfg.com/about-northwood/
            2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel
            2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,built in surge suppressor, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

Made me go look. I have a 35-5Z. Yep, no coroplast in the rear, but, as mentioned above, the sub floor is
              framed and insulated, so not a problem. It was actually a benefit as it provided a safe place to mount the
              hydraulic units for my auto lever system.
              Kim + Betsy
              2017 AF 35-5Z
              2017 F450 Lariat

Comment

When we was looking for a trailer some of the SOB selling points was corplast all the way underneath.
                I don't recall if they said it was all insulation as well but I would tend to think they have insulation just around the tanks.
                2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

Ok. Makes since now. Thank you

Comment

On our 32-5M it is built just like nwtraveler says. Only coroplast around the tanks. Which is nice especially if you have to work on the sliding mechanism as they are out in the open yet protected behind the frame crossmembers. Our old sob had coroplast all along the bottom and I had to remove it once to look a the slide, it was a nightmare to put back on and never looked the same afterwards. I prefer the NW design much better.
                    2007.5 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LMM, Banks Speed brake with IQ, Firestone Red Label Extreme duty air springs/with onboard compressor, Trailersaver TS3 air ride hitch.
                    2018 Arctic Fox 32-5M

Comment

Yes on our old SOB the insulation was just around the tanks and the rest was just a empty sheet of coroplast.
                      2007.5 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LMM, Banks Speed brake with IQ, Firestone Red Label Extreme duty air springs/with onboard compressor, Trailersaver TS3 air ride hitch.
                      2018 Arctic Fox 32-5M

Comment

Working...
                      X