2015 Arctic Fox 27.5L

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Arctic Fox 27.5L

We just bought a 2015 27.5L. Excited to get to learn about it.
    2015 Ford SuperDuty DW Diesel
    2015 AF 27.5L

Welcome to the club! I'm openly bias about the AF27-5L so I think you've made a great decision! LOL

Seriously, tell us more about you. Have you been RVing for awhile? Is this your first Northwood product?

We have a daughter in Austin and when we go down we stay at Jim Hogg on Georgetown Lake. Love that area of Texas but also enjoy the Mission area.

We are on our 2nd AF27-5L and have run into just about any kind of issue and made lots of mods. This forum is great - you will get lots of guidance if you want it - hell you'll get lots of advise even if you don't want it HaHaHa.

Enjoy your new trailer. Post some pics.

Bill

Bill, Mary, and Scottie
    2015 RAM 3500 Crew Cab, Long Bed, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin, SRW, Hensley BD-3 Hitch
    2017 AF 27-5L
    http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/719790.png

Comment

Welcome to the group! If you canít sleep some night search for mods on our model, there are many. Warning, you might become join the Mod Squad if you do, itís only money....
      Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank, Titan Disc Brakes, MorRyde SRE4000

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

Welcome to the AF27-5L club

I will PM you the secret handshake

Now for the advice you didn't ask for and Bill talked about.

Good info on things that can protect your trailer like

Surge protector
        Water pressure regulator
        TPMS is also a good idea

https://www.nroa2003.com/forum/forum...-trailer-owner

I put a owners manual together for my 27-5L and the link is in my signature.
        2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel
        2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,built in surge suppressor, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind words. We have a toyhauler but wanted to downsize and have always been impressed with the looks and layout of the 27.5l. Thank you Art for the manual, it was just what I needed. I was going crazy trying to figure out what the switch by the stove was for!
          2015 AF 27.5L

Comment

I turned that stove switch on and I didn't see any floor lights. Where should they be?
            2015 AF 27.5L

Comment

Rolland, I looked in the mod section. Wow. The new window mod blew my mind!
              2015 AF 27.5L

Comment

Originally posted by kbbagshaw View Post
                I turned that stove switch on and I didn't see any floor lights. Where should they be?
                In the daylight you probably wont see them.
                They are under the edge of the cabinet all they way from the fridge to the pantry.
                It also controls the floor light in the bathroom.
                You can see the actual light in the bathroom.

I assume your year has them.

This is the location for the tank heaters switches as well.
                Pic of Randy and Connies labeling

Click image for larger version  Name:	tank heaters-Randy&Connie.jpg Views:	0 Size:	409.7 KB ID:	288875
                2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel
                2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,built in surge suppressor, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

Thanks Art. We did see a light in the bathroom. I'll check it out tonight after it's dark
                  2015 AF 27.5L

Comment

Rolland, I looked in the mod section. Wow. The new window mod blew my mind!
                    Truly one of our best changes.

​​​​​​​MtCamper gets the credit for figuring it all out.
                    Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank, Titan Disc Brakes, MorRyde SRE4000

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

We just got ours last summer - love it. I hope you do too

This place is amazing - so much knowledge about our campers to be had.

And funny you mention the bedroom window add mod - my wife was just bugging me about doing that....I'm nervous

-Kyle
                      2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
                      • 4 pt Auto Level / 15k Single AC / 50 Amp (no Gen)
                      • 3xFantastic Fans / 3xFantastic Covers
                      • Sofa with Air Bed / Dinette / Slow Rise Shades
                      • Factory 2" Receiver hitch
                      • MODS
                        • 195W Solar / Rear Camera / TPS / Flagpole Buddy / BMV-712
                      2015 Chevy 3500 Dually LTZ
                      • Duramax / B&W Turnover w/Companion / 40 Gal transfer tank.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I am guessing that you have a corner shower? Lots of good advice on here how to deal with it's drip issues.
                        Lots of good knowledge on here, such as what to do if your freshwater tank slowly fills up when it shouldn't be filling up.
                        2019 Nash 24B (bunk) located in a city trailer park.
                        Two 6 volt GC batteries
                        Two130 watt Kyocera solar panels (not plugged in)
                        30 amp charge controller in May's budget...

Comment

The switch by the stove turns on the bathroom nightlight but the under kitchen cabinet lights aren't working. Solution? Also, is there a way to replace non working LED strip lights (inside/outside)?
                          2015 AF 27.5L

Comment

The switch by the stove turns on the bathroom nightlight but the under kitchen cabinet lights aren't working. Solution? Also, is there a way to replace non working LED strip lights (inside/outside)?
                            On our 29-5T, the floor toe-kick lights are mounted under the cabinet. The 12v power wires for those lights are gained by removing our lowest kitchen drawer.

90% of our OEM floor lights are also out. Upon closer examination, I found that the current strip is made of tiny 12v bulbs, not LED.

My project when we get home, is to change out the current lights with LED (Home Depot & Lowes has the lights). Since 12V is used currently, the new LED lights are also 12v and no transformer is needed.

The current strips are stapled, but since there's little LED heat, 3M double sided tape will be a better install application.

What do you mean LED interior/exterior strip lights?
                            Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Thanks RocklinDave. The strip light on the Kitchen ceiling and the one on the passenger side wall. Has the chrome looking ends.
                              2015 AF 27.5L

Comment

Working...
                              X