Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 29L info

Hello
    Right now we have a 26X, but are looking for more room. How do the 29L owners like theirs? Can anyone tell me what the real world tongue weight is with the water tank full, and all supplies to head out camping? Also is the length 32' from tongue to back?

Thanks

We had a 29L for about six months before trading it in for a 25Y. So it is probably obvious that we were not happy with the 29L. I understand it is no longer being made by Northwood after the last production.

Here is what we did not like.

We had the dinette and chairs. The table has a 3-4" lip under it and it is a tight squeeze to get under. The dealer actually raised the table and it was still very uncomfortable. We are both tall and a shorter couple might not be bothered by this. There are several threads on this site discussing this. In addition there is a pedestal holding the table up that is about 12-14" in diameter and always in the way of our legs and feet. Making things worse is that there are four wide feet extending off the pedestal, about one foot each, and they were always in the way of our feet. Of course, all of this would be solved with a booth option and you would get some outside storage, which is minimal on the 29L.

There was no place to put coffee or beverage cups while sitting on the sofa. Some have replaced the piece between the two recliners that make up the sofa with a wood cabinet that would solve that problem. Once again, there is a thread here that describes that.

The large TV was too close to the sofa for us and required an awkward head angle to watch.

The fireplace blew hot air on us and left the other parts of the trailer cold. This could have been fixed with one or two small fans.

The area around the bed is very narrow. Twice I hit my food and cut it while getting out of bed. I have peripheral nephropathy and my feet are numb and I found out that had happened by seeing blood on the floor and so cannot accurately say exactly where in that narrow passage that happened. My wife really disliked the forward passage which was more narrow than the rear.

The outside storage in minimal. The only outside storage was in the rear. I had to put some tools and other things in the storage in the bedroom.

The jack on the tongue was undersized and needed to be replaced with a stronger jack.

Now, to be fair, here are some good points.

The kitchen is large and has a lot of storage.

The inside storage is enormous. There is room for a lot of stuff and that would be a great feature for full timers.

Those are my thoughts. Many of my dislikes are a matter of personal preference and others probably love the 29L
    2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
    2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
    2018 Arctic Fox 29L; Traded in
    *2001 Arctic Fox 29V; Sold
    South Lake Tahoe, CA

Comment

Never owned a 29L but have been in a few at RV shows. The cabinets above the kitchen counter really turn off the wife and I. It feels like they're right in your face and we're not tall people.
      RV furniture is replaceable and I wouldn't hesitate to do whats necessary to be comfortable.
      Grizzer10, not understanding the wierd angle on the tv. Isn't it directly in front of you. A simple tv mount bracket would slide it to the left if needed.
      I always like the large bathroom and for us anyway the bedroom seemed fine when we toured them at RV shows.
      2012 Ram 2500 CTD
      2013 Fox Mountain 235 RLS

Comment

Originally posted by Goducks View Post
        Never owned a 29L but have been in a few at RV shows. The cabinets above the kitchen counter really turn off the wife and I. It feels like they're right in your face and we're not tall people.
        RV furniture is replaceable and I wouldn't hesitate to do whats necessary to be comfortable.

Yes, that is certainly possible and many have done that with the 29L.

Grizzer10, not understanding the wierd angle on the tv. Isn't it directly in front of you. A simple tv mount bracket would slide it to the left if needed.

We had to look up at the TV and found that to be uncomfortable.

I always like the large bathroom and for us anyway the bedroom seemed fine when we toured them at RV shows.
        Many of our complaints were personal preferences and others would not be bothered.

2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
        2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
        2018 Arctic Fox 29L; Traded in
        *2001 Arctic Fox 29V; Sold
        South Lake Tahoe, CA

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. TV is of no concern to us, we do not have one in our 26X, and do not miss it. I know we will miss the front window that we have in the 26X. Just looking for more room in bath and bed room. 29L gives us lots of storage that we do not have now. Tongue weight is a concern, as we haul a 900 RZR side by side in the pickup on a sled deck. I would hope tongue weight is under 1,800 loaded with the water tank full. I hope someone will post real tongue weights.
          Thanks Rick

Comment

We have owned both a 26X and a 29L. The main differences are a lot more storage inside, a huge closet in the bedroom, a large closet in the bathroom, and another good sized closet in the living room. The bathroom and bedroom are both a lot larger. The outside storage on the 29L is really lacking, barely enough room for for any of the items that you need outside. The windows on both are quite small and don't let much light in. We liked the interior of the 29L as it is large enough to live in for extended periods of time. Pulling them is just about the same, we got 1 mpg more pulling the 26X because of the lighter weight. We just traded our 29L this year and went to a 26N Nash. We like the floor plan a lot better and it has a lot larger windows. It is very similar to the Arctic Fox 30U. They both have a heavy tongue weight and the 29L when it was loaded weighed about 10,500.
            * Ron & Jeane, 2001 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins, Auto, Dana80, 3.54, Laramie, Slt, 4x4, Equal-i-zer Hitch. 2009 Arctic Fox 29 L, with many modifications.

Comment

Working...
            X