Probably buying a new Nash 24 bunkhouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably buying a new Nash 24 bunkhouse

Nohr's RV in Tracy, California is just starting to sell Nash and Arctic Fox to augment their mostly lower priced Keystone and Dutchmen lines. They have a 24 bunkhouse in transit from Oregon. It seems single pane windows are standard on Nash's, unless double insulated are specified before construction, unfortunately . So, single pane windows, a 15k BTU.AC, which seems almost like a standard upgrade on medium-sized trailers, and an ugly Blue Tooth porchlight I wouldn't have ordered but NW seems to be pushing on the Nash line. There is a Fantastic fan in the bathroom and bedroom, which I like. No fancy leveling jacks. Good options for a trailer going into an RV park.
    I am in the process of pulling off my big solar panels. Going to leave my 7 or 8 year old charge controller and a 15 watt panel. .
    The small RV dealer is willing to work with me a bit. I have an appointment on Thursday with the owner, after work.
    We need more space than my Nash 22 and this trailer would fit the bill and still be relatively easy to heat.
    Last edited by welding guy; 04-05-2019, 12:41 PM.
    2019 Nash 24B (bunk) located in a city trailer park,
    on PG&E shoulder/peak electric rate...Yikes
    Two 6 volt GC batteries (2019)
    Two135 watt Kyocera solar panels (2013?)
    Blue Sky Systems 30 amp charge controller (2019)

Don't settle....you have a good unit so get your new one the way you want it.

IMHO

-Kyle
    2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
    • 4 pt Auto Level / 15k Single AC / 50 Amp (no Gen)
    • 3xFantastic Fans / 3xFantastic Covers
    • Sofa with Air Bed / Dinette / Slow Rise Shades
    • Factory 2" Receiver hitch
    • MODS
      • 195W Solar / Rear Camera / TPS / Flagpole Buddy / BMV-712
    2015 Chevy 3500 Dually LTZ
    • Duramax / B&W Turnover w/Companion / 40 Gal transfer tank.

Comment

I think the 24 will work fine. My daughter is rather tired of sleeping in the dinette bed. I tend to eat on the worn out jack knife sofa. I really don't think it was overly comfortable new. Sleeping on the jack knife is an ordeal. Easy to feel the springs through the thin padding. Leaving it folded out makes walking around difficult. I am keeping the solar panels off my 22...

Comment

We had a 2007 Nash with a similar layout but no slide and it worked well for us. Lived in it for 9 months while working in Wisconsin. Ours had the single pane windows as well and the only issue was sweating when the temps dropped.
        Tom & Lynn
        2018 F350 DRW 6.7 Powerstroke
        2019 AF 27-5L

Comment

We generally have lower humidity here in the big valley so I think I will be alright. I am not boiling large pots of pasta, either.

Comment

My new trailer came off the line 2 weeks, has passed final inspection, and just left NW today or is getting picked up by a hauler this weekend for a trip to the dealer.

Comment

So happy everything worked out for you on the purcahse of the new trailer!
              Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
              2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires, Torque Lift Steps
              2017 RAM 2500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4x4, CTD, 8' Bed, Granite Crystal, new 7/1/17
              2018 Prius IV, new December 2018

Comment

Originally posted by foxyrvlady View Post
                So happy everything worked out for you on the purcahse of the new trailer!
                Thank you. A major purchase for me. A 10 year loan.

Comment

Our Fox is a 2002 and we found no reason to replace it. Living full time on your trailer is harder on the interior but just keep up with the maintenance.and that Nash should last you the length of your loan!
                  Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
                  2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires, Torque Lift Steps
                  2017 RAM 2500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4x4, CTD, 8' Bed, Granite Crystal, new 7/1/17
                  2018 Prius IV, new December 2018

Comment

Originally posted by foxyrvlady View Post
                    Our Fox is a 2002 and we found no reason to replace it. Living full time on your trailer is harder on the interior but just keep up with the maintenance.and that Nash should last you the length of your loan!
                    My 2007 is actually quite nice. Very nice wood work. The issue is that my daughter sleeps in the dinette and has no privacy. Frankly, I miss having an inside table to eat at, too. Looking forward to the 10 gallon hot water heater....

Comment

My 2000 29V looked great when I sold it in 2017. Your trailer should easily outlast the loan.
                      2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
                      2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
                      2018 Arctic Fox 29L; Traded in
                      *2001 Arctic Fox 29V; Sold
                      South Lake Tahoe, CA

Comment

Enjoy your daughter while you have her. Mine are all “growed” up and gone. I really miss having them at home.
                        Mark and Anita
                        2012 AF 22H dutifully following a 2014 F-350 diesel SB

Comment

Originally posted by ProfQuinn View Post
                          Enjoy your daughter while you have her. Mine are all “growed” up and gone. I really miss having them at home.
                          Thanks, I have been a sole custody, single parent for 15 years.
                          Several of the trailer parks in the area have been cleaned up. Age restrictions on RV's. 20 years, or newer upon move in. No add ons or splicing sheds onto the second door... Most RV"s are less than 5 years old. Many 30+ footers. Long term leases on spaces, too. A pretty good clientele as most occupants have between about $30k and $75k invested in their "wheel estate".

Comment

Good luck with purchase Welding Guy,
                            The larger bunks look more practical than the 25C bunks.

Boots
                            2013 Nash 25C

2005 GMC Yukon XL K2500 8.1 with Husky WDH

sigpic

Comment

NorthWood is pushing the fiberglass front caps on this model. It is a standard factory build "option" for about $800. Tricky talk, so a dealer might have to opt out to get the regular cap.The 24B and 25C are actually the same length. I went with the 24B as the bedroom is enclosed more. A tough decision as the bathroom in the 24B seems a little tighter than the 25C. Nash now has cheapie medicine cabinets. My old 22 has the nice, large wood cabinet that was used in the Arctic Fox.
                              I plan on unscrewing the $45 cabinet and putting in a nicer one in that spot. Hopefully bigger. If there is room on the opposite wall I will put in a second, matching cabinet, or a towel rack.

Comment

Working...
                              X