No announcement yet.

Like feedback on 29-5K

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be pulling this with a SRW truck to start with but an upgrade will happen eventually.

Comment

Pin weight will easily surpass the factory specs. My dry pin weight is listed as 2673, but in real
      life is closer to 4K. Glad I got a dually.
      Kim + Betsy
      2017 AF 35-5Z
      2017 F450 Lariat

Comment

We have a 2016 29 5K, We love ours. Most of the time its just hubby and I, I dont think we have ever pulled the actual curtain to separate the bedroom from the bathroom, we just pull the curtain at top of stairs for showers and such. Our 5vr is before the big redesign in the bedroom. We have the big window over the dresser which is just fine for us as we dont watch tv in bed anyway. I would like to hear from those that have the redesign--do you still get the air flow upstairs? I would be lost without the big window. We also only have a 4 point leveling system, they changed and only recommend the 6 point on this one now. 4 point works ok. Best RV we have ever owned!
        Jeanann
        2016 Artic Fox 29 5K
        2014 Dodge 3500 Diesel

Comment

We have been fulltiming in a 2017 295k. Do I like the doors on the 295t better? Of coarse. That was one of the first things I was gonna do was change them out to a quality bi fold door, did I?, no. Is it a problem?, no they work fine. I do wish the pin weight was lighter- by the time I installed 400# of AGM batterries and a Yamaha 3000isb generator in the generator compartment I actually came close ( with a full fresh water tank ) to overloading my new Denali dually. We are in the process of tricking out the interior with custom furniture and dinette but have been very happy with the build quality. The EMS system I installed would not have been possible on most other manufacturers platforms. Nice, comfortable unit however—DONT SKIMP ON THE TRUCK. I didn’t want a duelly but I am so glad I got it. See ya in La Grande
          Greg and Laura
          2017 GMC Denali, Duramax, DRW, 4x4, NavCameras, CC, Anderson Ultimate 2 hitch, Retrax Cover
          2017 295k
          600AH lifeline bank, Yamaha3000ISEB on Slider, 2800W Magnum inverter, HW Progressive Surge Gaurd, Trimetric monitor, Dexter EZ Flex

Comment

The lack of doors was a deal breaker for us. DW loved the kitchen layout, until we stepped into one in real life. We close the doors on our bedroom every night to keep it dark. I get up earlier, and can make coffee etc. without having the noise go straight to the bedroom.

If those things aren't a big deal to you, then it wouldn't be a problem. Also, the size of the bedroom is an upgrade from our old 27-5L.
            2018 27-5L 4 point leveling, 30 amp,
            2000 F250
            2000 27-5L sold after 8 great years.

Comment

Guess I need to update where we stand. Really appreciate all the input about the 29-5K. I think the lack of doors "upstairs" in our case might not be a problem but the hitch weight would be a real worry on our SRW truck ... which by the way is only a few months old; trading it and the trailer both would REALLY get expensive.

Other issue on the "con" side of the balance sheet is length. Our 27-5L goes in our storage building reasonably well. Can get all the way around it comfortably. The 29-5K would probably go in but it would make me grumpy every time I went in the building for something else.

Finally, we actually like the downstairs of our 27-5L better than the 29-5K. Kitchen has lot more storage. The big pantry and slide out for spices, canned goods etc are great. It's just the two of us ol' coots and doubt we'll ever have anyone else with us so having to dress downstairs isn't the end of the world. Oh, and by-the-way, the 27-5L tows behind our 2500HD GMC duramax crewcab like a dream, even with the Polaris Rzr on a trailer behind it.

So, thanks again for all the feedback.

Comment

Love our 29.5K very comfortable. Like others have said a dually would be best. We pulled ours with a 2012 f350 single for awhile then switched to a 2017 F350 Dually night and day difference and no more worries about being over tires or rear axle rating.
                2014 Arctic Fox 29-5K and a 2004 Desert Fox 21SW. 2012 Ford F350 XLT Crew Cab 4X4 long box with 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel. Mine 2012 Polaris 850XP HO EPS, hers 2012 Polaris 550XP EPS.

Comment

Glad I found this thread! We too are planning to upgrade, from a 2009 27-5L to (probably) a new 29-5K. I've seen lots of 29-5T owners on here, not many 29-5K. Our 27-5L has one accordion door at the foot of the bed. Bath area is open to the rest of the rig. Solved the privacy and light issues by putting up a curtain rod at the top of the stairs and hanging a heavy brown curtain there. We take it down when we change locations so it doesn't fall and break something. The lack of doors on the 29-5K is one of my concerns but figure we'll probably just move the curtain to the new rig. Bigger problem is light infiltration at bed slide windows and especially shower skylight. Skylight we have plans for, windows I will probably make curtains which will also block the sides of the windows since that is where a lot of light comes in, or upgrade to day privacy screens and night shades. Not big fans of the slow rise night shades NW offers so not choosing that upgrade.

Also plan to replace the bath sink before long. Between size and location, the stock one is near useless.

We recently bought a BIG dually in anticipation of getting a bigger trailer, didn't know what we would wind up with but knew the dually would pull whatever we wound up with. Sounds like we made the right choice there.
                  2009 AF 27-5L
                  2013 GMC Sierra 2500 HD

Comment

Newby here just pulled my 29.5k 1600 miles across country. Wife passed on a 27.5 due to lack of counter space. Privacy not an issue as it's just the two of us. Ample storage so far. Glad I got the dually as the unit is heavy. Averaged about 9.5 mpg east to west. Heavy headwinds thru Permian basin.
                    Doyle, Deborah, & Lizzie

2016 Chevrolet
                    4x4 3500 WT Duramax DRW crewcab
                    2014 Arctic Fox 29.5K
                    B&W RVK3500 Companion hitch

Comment

We had ours custom built, we choice to remove the bedroom skylight. There is still a clear bubble in the shower that always the morning light in. We love our 2016 29 5k, however it was before the redesign of bedroom. I am not sure about the redesign, we are not tv watchers in bed, so that entertainment center is a wasted space for me. I like my window above dresser. Whatever you choose, you cant go wrong with a Arctic Fox!
                      Jeanann
                      2016 Artic Fox 29 5K
                      2014 Dodge 3500 Diesel

Comment

Working...
                      X