Like feedback on 29-5K

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like feedback on 29-5K

We've had a 27-5L for couple years and lots of things really like about it but sure be nice to have more room in the bedroom/bath area. Looked at a 29-5K and like the floor plan but wonder how it really works out with the "curtain" slide petitions instead of doors upstairs. Just the two of us ... would be rare if ever that anyone else with us overnight.Would sure like to hear any comments based on experience.

Like to add one other concern based on what seems to be a worsening trend regarding quality control. We had a 26X for 12 years before getting the 27-5L and literally not ever one single issue with it which was part of the reason for going with another AF. The 27-5L has been a different story. Won't even try to list everything. Most have been relatively minor (latches missing on 5 drawers for example). Only serious item was angle iron clip that acts as a stop for the big slide fell off. Very obvious that it had never been tightened up. Replaced with self locking nut. My quandary is how bad has quality control really become? Sure you can inspect at delivery but even with the very extensive checklist Adam has posted it's still pretty much only what shows from the outside.

Sorry you've had problems with your trailer.

We have a 2016 29-5T and currently have +/- 60,000 miles of towing (not full timers) on the trailer.

We've had a few screws loosen, which is to be expected, but other than that, we have had no issues and still love our AF.

Have been RV'g for 30 years, we would buy another Arctic Fox if in the market for a new trailer.
    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Loafing View Post
      We've had a 27-5L for couple years and lots of things really like about it but sure be nice to have more room in the bedroom/bath area. Looked at a 29-5K and like the floor plan but wonder how it really works out with the "curtain" slide petitions instead of doors upstairs. Just the two of us ... would be rare if ever that anyone else with us overnight.Would sure like to hear any comments based on experience.

Like to add one other concern based on what seems to be a worsening trend regarding quality control. We had a 26X for 12 years before getting the 27-5L and literally not ever one single issue with it which was part of the reason for going with another AF. The 27-5L has been a different story. Won't even try to list everything. Most have been relatively minor (latches missing on 5 drawers for example). Only serious item was angle iron clip that acts as a stop for the big slide fell off. Very obvious that it had never been tightened up. Replaced with self locking nut. My quandary is how bad has quality control really become? Sure you can inspect at delivery but even with the very extensive checklist Adam has posted it's still pretty much only what shows from the outside.
      We have about 25,000 Kilometers on our 2016 AF 24j so far (still working people) and other than some loosening screws etc not a singe serious quality issue with ours yet either. We had some black tank stink issues that turned out to be our fault from a process perspective and a LED light strip that had one little LED that wouldn't turn out. I think it eventually just burned out.

Overall we are impressed with the quality of our unit. For a thing we drag behind our truck on the highway almost every weekend I'm amazed more hasn't come apart on it!
      Brian & Christi
      Calgary, Alberta, Canada
      2016 Arctic Fox 24J
      2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost Crew Cab Short Box 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post
        Sorry you've had problems with your trailer.

We have a 2016 29-5T and currently have +/- 60,000 miles of towing (not full timers) on the trailer.

We've had a few screws loosen, which is to be expected, but other than that, we have had no issues and still love our AF.

Have been RV'g for 30 years, we would buy another Arctic Fox if in the market for a new trailer.
        I have to assume there is a typo ... 60,000 miles in 3 years is hard to imagine. 6,000 maybe?

Comment

The concern about quality in my original post was kind of an afterthought. Glad to hear good reports on quality of AF to offset the reports of bad experiences. Overall I definitely like the AF.

However, my main interest is feedback from those that have experience with the 29-5K floorplan. It is quite different than the 29-5T.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Loafing View Post

I have to assume there is a typo ... 60,000 miles in 3 years is hard to imagine. 6,000 maybe?
            Nope..... 60,000+.

We just got back from 2 months traveling to Washington DC and back, leaving in a few weeks to Florida and then back to Alaska in May + smaller trips in between.... the miles add up quick.

AF trailer still looks like new, but we are on our second set of tires on both the trailer & truck.

We are grateful we have such a well-built trailer with quality appliances.... others we have met with other-brand trailers, haven't been so lucky during their travels.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

We have out 2018 29-5T for 6 weeks or so. Three trips, zero issues. Not new to RVís so I do expect some fine tuning. Very happy with the build and quality. Good luck with your research.

PS. Thanks Rocklin Dave for the shove to the 29-5T when were comparing with the 27-5L. Super comfortable for us!

Comment

Sorry 2019 29-5T is what we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamlar View Post
                  PS. Thanks Rocklin Dave for the shove to the 29-5T when were comparing with the 27-5L. Super comfortable for us!
                  Glad to help and many safe travel years ...

Comment

We have a 2016 AF29-5K and we love it. My wife like the kitchen

the bedroom works for us but we added a larger TV and a foam topper on the king bed

if we ever upgrade we would delete as much carpet as possible

also so I was not impressed with the old style brakes so this year upgraded to disk brakes and what a big difference. Worth the money.

Also so went to a duality and sure glad we did

no quality issues

ted and Marilyn

let me know now if you have any questions

Ted and Marilyn
                    Traded 2013 AF 25R April 2016
                    Silverado 1500 HD gone and very unsafe towing 25R
                    2016 29-5K and love it
                    2013 Ram 2500 with cummins and ram box storage love it SOLD AFTER 6 months of towing 29-5K
                    2016 RAM 3500 DRW ONE HECK OF A GREAT TRUCK

B&W 3600 for ram puck system.

Comment

Absolutely love our 2018 29-5k with the king bed. Considered a 27-5L and ruled it out because of the tight bedroom & not enough comfortable seating in the living room. The accordion style room dividers were not a deal breaker because it is usually just the 2 of us. We have had an overnight guest in the living room on an air mattress. No problem.
                      Rob & Joyce
                      2017 F-350 DRW, Trailer Saver 32K Air Ride Hitch
                      2018 Arctic Fox 29-5K

Comment

The only negative comment Iíve heard about the AF29-5K is the hitch weight. At 2,663 pounds dry itís the heaviest hitch weight of all the AF fivers.

Bill
                        Bill, Mary, and Scottie
                        2015 RAM 3500 Crew Cab, Long Bed, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin, SRW, Hensley BD-3 Hitch
                        2017 AF 27-5L
                        http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/719790.png

Comment

Working...
                        X